Author Topic: [WIP/REL] Millenia's custom models - CLOUD SWORDS RELEASED 30/4  (Read 381906 times)

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Can't change it without breaking the uv mapping on the blade and don't really want to redo >_>

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Wow really loving it! Aren't the sword supposed to have some kind of lines in the blade on the sword itself? Are you planning to do those too or you're done with it?

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Wow really loving it! Aren't the sword supposed to have some kind of lines in the blade on the sword itself? Are you planning to do those too or you're done with it?

Uh, don't think it has those. Where'd you get such an idea?

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Oh.. I'm talking about this lines.

If its going to be recolored to be gold I just thought you can change the texture and add those too. :)

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
nahh I think that is the crisis core version

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Yeah that stuff is not on the original design so it'll stay this way

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
Thank you both Millenia and Miseru for helping me understand how to change the textures. I am proud to say I actually got it in game on my own lol. I know its not nearly as good as Millenias because I have no experience at all and I was using a terrible photo editing program but I am just happy enough I got my buster sword in game and looking a little more like the original. I just really wish I could be able to center the two holes and then it would be perfect but I still have no idea what that whole U/V mapping thing or even modeling at all. 

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Why is Red XIII's neck broken in that image?

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
Hes dead.....idk is it not suppose to do that when hes dead??

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Oh ok. it looked like he was standing but his head was all out of wack.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
My dog's head bends like that when he's standing up and I tickle behind his ear...

Clodus

• Just a lowly fan.
    • View Profile
Ummm...  I totally forgot about this...  But, on the original cover art for FF7, did you all realize the original Buster Sword had those veiny lines on it...?

For reference:
http://diarireformis.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/final-fantasy-vii-cover-art.jpg

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Those look like scratches to me and not actual detail like in the crisis core one. They look kinda silly anyways, being so random and prominent :P

Clodus

• Just a lowly fan.
    • View Profile
Haha, yeah I understand as much.  Just wondering if anyone else had noticed them, and if you've ever even taken it into (though I highly doubt) consideration of making that exact replica for showmanship or kicks. XD

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
I always found those lines to be reminicsent of wood , or rock that has been ground flat. I'm curious millenia, given all this buster sword business, do you plan on remaking yours to some degree? i had messed with the mesh and uvs just a bit to make it kinda like what you have, but likely you could do better :P

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
Attempt 2!!  sorry to bother everyone I'm just having a lot of fun with this

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
this looks wonderful. do you ever plan to release those to 3ds max compatible format so we can view them there?

cloud valentine

that's right...................

GI-Jimbo

• View Profile
I don't have the 3dsmax compatible format I didn't create the model. I just used img2tex to open up Millenias textures and then changed it up a bit.

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube

Useful post was useful.

this looks wonderful. do you ever plan to release those to 3ds max compatible format so we can view them there?

There's no real reason to. The models are for use in the game, and if you're dead set on getting them into a modelling suite for whatever reason, there are many tools avalable to convert between usable formats and the FF7 model format.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile

Useful post was useful.

There's no real reason to. The models are for use in the game, and if you're dead set on getting them into a modelling suite for whatever reason, there are many tools avalable to convert between usable formats and the FF7 model format.

but if I download the file on the main page, it only descripts the files as "files", with no extension. the main page of qhimm has no such tools.

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Go do some research on the forums. Read the rules, then check out the search bar. I guarantee you it will be useful.

obesebear

• View Profile
I warned you about overuse of periods and or commas.  Bye

hasterdis

• View Profile
How's the project, hehe good work, keep it please :P

MilkyJoe

Hello, love the mod and really want to use it but whenever i install it i start getting a weird graphical glitch, clouds lips turn black (in the battle screen) and becomes pixelated and strange, like a texture is missing or something. Is anyone else having this issue?