Author Topic: My second attempt at replacing a char with sephy  (Read 12558 times)

Izban

• View Profile
Re: My second attempt at replacing a char with sephy
« Reply #25 on: 2009-07-06 12:22:00 »
hes using the megaphone but thats easy to fix you just copy across sephy's **ck-**cz's

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-07-07 01:22:20 »
it looks like i successfully replaced all of cait sith's files with sephiroth's....with the exception of one

the sada file (which is now named ryda to be read as cait sith's) doesn't appear to be doing what it should. In kimera it is read as "not a valid p file" and in biturn it is viewed as an ff8 model (why?)

i have no idea what the cause for this is...

also if it helps, kimera gives me error 9 when trying to view it

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-07-07 01:25:14 »
**da are animation files you just copy them and rename them by hand cause no program as far as i know can edit them as of yet

as for using biturn for the testing the stance should show up right if you've copyed it right

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009-07-07 02:27:00 »
I finally got it

thanks for all of your help zack

now all i need is to make him invincible...well maybe

i don't know if an invincible char wud ruin the game for me
« Last Edit: 2009-07-07 04:19:44 by Xelane »

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009-07-10 23:58:00 »
I wanted to figure something i just noticed out.

In battle vincent does turn into sephy like i wanted BUT if i choose to give vincent death penalty he turns back into vincent with all of his regular animations. I'm not complaining as it makes it easy to change him back if i wanted to.

I just wanted to understand why this happens, the only thing i know about it is that death penalty is probably one of the weapon files that was left alone when i copied all of sephiroth's files over vincent's.

also, can someone help me figure out how to make a character's AI read it so that they are invincible?

NFIT said that i would be able to do so by copying 3/4 of sephy's initial script and putting it in another char's AI. problem is that they all have puzzle piece-like info...in wallmarket if i look in pre-battle then some chars have info there, while almost all the other's do not, the same seems to go for the others as well...so any help there is appreciated.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009-07-11 00:55:29 »
the switching back has to do with the fact vincent has more then 1 model because he has different animations for different weapons

as for the invincable thing i would think have a look at the ProudClod.dat file it has the required op codes for things like that

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009-07-11 01:09:07 »
oh i see, now i remember seeing vincent's multiple models...that coincidently makes him even more ideal to replace than sephy.

about proud clod, i thought it only edited enemy data? i don't remember any options for editing my own character data.

well i guess i can look again

edit: also, why is it that you seem to come when needed then when it's all over you just kinda disappear? it's like ur superman lol. you fly away to wherever you are needed  :-D

yea the files are there but i don't know how to use em -.-

Actually it looks like a copy these numbers here job, but i don't know how i would edit the numbers...
« Last Edit: 2009-07-11 01:19:41 by Xelane »

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009-07-11 05:47:40 »
you open proudclod.dat with notepad

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009-07-11 06:08:59 »
Well i know that i mean i don't know how i would change my character's data into what it needs to be in order for it to getthe results i want.

and yes wallmarket can alter char ai but i can't figure out where the values for 4024, 4028, and 4029 are which are the ones that i need.