Author Topic: PSP 3D file format!?  (Read 4692 times)

juntabirao

PSP 3D file format!?
« on: 2009-08-01 03:13:15 »
I'm trying to mod a game for the PSP. And basically, what I am trying to do is replace several of the default game models with custom model geometry that I have built. The problem is that the models in the game (in the iso) are in .GMO format. I need to convert my 3DS Max models to a .GMO format. Apparently, in order to do that, I need the Sony Developer's toolkit or some similar toolkit.

Can anyone please help me find a utility that will export my model geometry to .GMO format? Many thanks in advance to those that can help!

Someone post this in other sites..and i need this too..pls help.. :?

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: PSP 3D file format!?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-08-05 13:54:52 »
I'm guessing, although i'm not an expert, that you'll need to build a custom converter program to convert model files you build in 3dsmax, unless you have the sony developers toolkit.(which was leaked onto the internet at some point, but is VERY illegal to have unless you are given permission by sony.)
There IS a program, written by MrAdults, an ex-member of this forum, that can convert models FROM this format to either .OBJ or .SMD, which you can search for in the tech-related area of this site.
the GMO specification is documented here, if you were plannig on building a converter. i dont know how complete it is.

And i've just realised that telling you all this is possibly against the rules now. if a mod sees this and feel's i've broken the rules, feel free to delete it or whatever.

Xelane

• View Profile
Re: PSP 3D file format!?
« Reply #2 on: 2009-08-07 03:28:21 »
halkun shut you down at least twice already, stop asking