Author Topic: Gamespot - Greatest Game Hero  (Read 19646 times)

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
Gamespot - Greatest Game Hero
« on: 2009-09-18 23:03:05 »
http://uk.gamespot.com/greatest-video-game-hero/vote/index.html?battle_id=50

Basically, I will weep tears of blood if Cloud loses to Kratos.
As long as he moves into the next round I will be happy!!

I think we all know what to do....  8-)

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
Re: Gamespot - Greatest Game Hero
« Reply #1 on: 2009-09-18 23:25:00 »
I don't think it's a strength battle, Mario is up against Lara Croft.... ¬_¬

As over-rated Cloud is, he's representing the Final Fantasy series and that deserves a vote in my opinion.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-09-18 23:29:40 »
Kratos of course, he would beat cloud easily. And that is a fact, cloud is so overrated as a game hero. Zidane and even Squall are more interesting, Tidus too...and don't forget Terra.

You're not even trying to not sound like a troll any more, are you? Come on, it was more fun when there was at least a tiny bit of suspicion that you might have been a butthurt idiot. Well, I suppose you could be trolling us by making us rage at your incredibly bad trolling...

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-09-18 23:37:52 »
It's my opinion Kudistos, just because I'm stating my opinion you don't have to call me a troll...every time you don't agree with me you call me troll. It's disrespectful, now stop being such a butthurt fan boy and deal with reality for once...Cloud is not so great as you think. He is now 12 years old, and more interesting characters have come along since then.

I'll just go to a FF6 forum and give my opinion that Kefka is a gay clown and that Sephiroth rapes him in the face. Or maybe I'll go to a Zelda forum and give my opinion that Link is a faggot. Would that be trolling?

And I don't particularly like Cloud that much, but I don't think you really believed I did :-D

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-09-19 00:02:58 »
Paint skillz ftw!

Let's see, you're going to a FF7 forum and bitching about the main character in FF7. What reaction do you think you're going to get? The reaction that a troll wants, of course! Exactly the same reaction that I'd have got if I'd gone to a FF6 forum and started bitching about Kefka. I'd have known before posting that there is no way that any sensible discussion could have arisen and that an argument would have ensued*, so it would be trolling, see?

*something that seems to happen whenever you post in a thread, it seems :-D

BTW, in the unlikely event that anything you've said has been serious, you've been the one that has been saying that anyone who prefers FF7 to one of your favourite games is an emo, indicating that you can't cope with the idea of someone preferring FF7 and not having anything wrong with them, so you're the bigger fanboy.

And two last things

I'm neutral and is able to look on anything from "outside the box".

>implying that humans being are capable of neutrality

If you look realistically on the situation Kudistos, who is the better hero?

>Implying that "who is the better hero?" is an objective question

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #5 on: 2009-09-19 00:05:03 »
As much as I love Final Fantasy VIII, you claim Squall is more interesting?
Deary me.  :|

I agree with you to a certain degree though, Cloud wouldn't be my top choice usually but since he's the only Final Fantasy character there, he gets my vote yo!

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-09-19 00:10:18 »
As much as I love Final Fantasy VIII, you claim Squall is more interesting?
Deary me.  :|

He's just doing that to piss everyone off because he's an obvious troll :wink:

« Reply #7 on: 2009-09-19 00:12:09 »
This topic fails miserably without tit...

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-09-19 00:15:39 »
This topic fails miserably without tit...

If it fails without tits then what should you post? :mrgreen:

« Reply #9 on: 2009-09-19 00:24:41 »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-09-19 00:27:52 »
And it is possible for humans to be neutral on something...

Er...no. :roll:

And who said this is a FF7 forum?

No-one needs to say it. 99% of the posts are about 7. This has become, to all intents and purposes, a FF7 forum where the other FF games are occasionally discussed.

I understand that FF7 has been chosen to be the most discussed game in here. That is because its the worse one, and it needs a lot of fixes to stand up to the later ones.

Oh dear god, it's insane troll logic! It couldn't possibly be because that's the one people like spending time on, could it? Or because none of the other games were released on the PC except 8 (which very few people have) making them harder to mod? Or because the PC version of the game was badly ported and modding grew out of the fixes for technical problems? Even the most dim-witted child would have considered those possibilities, so the only explanation for you saying what you said is that you're just saying it to cause trouble.

Then there are some fan boys, who picks on anyone saying FF7 is overrated or that cloud is worse than someone else. This is like a stab in my back everytime it happens...I mean wtf. I say my opinion on a subject and you call me a troll. This is not a FF7 forum only, I think there are a lot of fans of other FF games than 7 here.

Then there are fan boys who insult anyone who likes a game they don't like and do so in nearly every thread they post in. Or maybe they are trolls :-D

someone's arse

Didn't you hear? We like tits!

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-09-19 00:28:12 »
Wow it's amusing how hard you are trying to sound smart Kudistos. And it is possible for humans to be neutral on something...I'm neutral on a lot of things. And some things I'm not neutral on. For example I'm neutral on "air".

And who said this is a FF7 forum? This is a FF modding forum. That is FF7 FF8 and FF9. I understand that FF7 has been chosen to be the most discussed game in here. That is because its the worse one, and it needs a lot of fixes to stand up to the later ones. Seifer is retranslating, timu is redoing the models.

Someone is fixing the world map, and someone is replacing the music. The game isn't being worked on because it's the best one. But because it's the worst one, and need major repairs in order to stand up to the later ones in the series.

Then there are some fan boys, who picks on anyone saying FF7 is overrated or that cloud is worse than someone else. This is like a stab in my back everytime it happens...I mean wtf. I say my opinion on a subject and you call me a troll. This is not a FF7 forum only, I think there are a lot of fans of other FF games than 7 here.

I hope there are...O.o It's sad that people can't look beyond the coolnes of FF7. -_-
And here Chad, you need some butt...

As a matter of fact I am redoing parts of FF7 because it was my favorite. Not because it was the worst. I agree on the nice ass

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-09-19 00:47:32 »
Nice ass...
Thanks  :wink:
As a matter of fact I am redoing parts of FF7 because it was my favorite. Not because it was the worst. I agree on the nice ass.
Your 18- right, and thanks... :wink:
Er...no. rolleyes
Think outside the box for once...
Oh dear god, it's insane troll logic! It couldn't possibly be because that's the one people like spending time on, could it? Or because none of the other games were released on the PC except 8 (which very few people have) making them harder to mod? Or because the PC version of the game was badly ported and modding grew out of the fixes for technical problems? Even the most dim-witted child would have considered those possibilities, so the only explanation for you saying what you said is that you're just saying it to cause trouble.
Look at it, everything needs to be improved that is why everything is being improved. In Final Fantasy VIII what needs to be improved exactly...hmmm. Can't think of much, and ffix is as complete as it can be.
Then there are fan boys who insult anyone who likes a game they don't like and do so in nearly every thread they post in. Or maybe they are trolls grin
For the last time kudsistos, I'm not a fan of either of the games. I just look at them, I play them. And not being a fan of either of them I judge them for what they are. And as I have said before, FF7 is a "cool" game. That has everything that teens like in it...FFIX and FFX hasn't. FFVIII has love, which is very popular among girls, but most of the FF fans are boys. Plus FFVIII has a school in it, which is not something teens wanna be reminded of. That is why FFVII is more popular, give FF9 a goth villain. Give FF9 instead of a thief a soldier with a big sword. without a tail. Make lindblum modern with cars and whore shops. Make princess garnet wear mini skirt. trade air ships for helicopters and jet planes. Trade baku and his gang for terrorists...trade freya and dragoons, for a red talking lion....and then look at the storylines...and compare...which game is better. Not "cooler"....try to look beyond coolness and fanboyism and look at the games for what they are. Music wise, story wise, graphic wise and character wise. Without looking at what kind of style the game has...

Didn't you hear? We like tits!
I like butts, so stfu...you can't f*** tits  :roll:

I am 27 but thanks for playing.

edit: and since when can you not fuck tits?
« Last Edit: 2009-09-19 00:49:21 by sl1982 »

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-09-19 00:49:10 »
Wow it's amusing how hard you are trying to sound smart Kudistos. And it is possible for humans to be neutral on something...I'm neutral on a lot of things. And some things I'm not neutral on. For example I'm neutral on "air".

And who said this is a FF7 forum? This is a FF modding forum. That is FF7 FF8 and FF9. I understand that FF7 has been chosen to be the most discussed game in here. That is because its the worse one, and it needs a lot of fixes to stand up to the later ones. Seifer is retranslating, timu is redoing the models.

Someone is fixing the world map, and someone is replacing the music. The game isn't being worked on because it's the best one. But because it's the worst one, and need major repairs in order to stand up to the later ones in the series.

I hope there are...O.o It's sad that people can't look beyond the coolnes of FF7. -_-

OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS
also, im afraid that successful troll is successful.

Although hermoor's trolling is obvious, I believe it is also unintentional.
My theory is that hermoor (seeking originality) does not approve of FF7's quality
because of its popularity and success. He is under the delusion that by openly expressing
interest in the less popular titles; FF8 and FF9,  he is somehow demonstrating higher value and
eccentricity to his peers.
Reality is an illusion, love is over. I want to destroy your ego.
I think what is also obvious is that by disagreeing with someone that has a higher egocentric frame
than myself will result in a self troll scenario which is status I am NOT trying to achieve.

Cloud has suffered from more psychological disorders than any character in FF8 and FF9
which is really attractive to me. He not only has a larger weapon than Squall or Zidane but also
has the most justification for his odd behavior. Cloud has not only endured more hardships than Squall
or Zidane but has the most attractive women. FF7 also has the most memorable soundtrack.

BTW hermoor, i'm looking out for your well being here. Im pretty sure that posting NSFW is
going to make halkun rape and mutilate your soul through the internet. I hope you have 56k.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-09-19 00:55:58 »
well said, knifey. :wink:

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-09-19 01:04:31 »
OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVIOUS
also, im afraid that successful troll is successful.

Although hermoor's trolling is obvious, I believe it is also unintentional.
My theory is that hermoor (seeking originality) does not approve of FF7's quality
because of its popularity and success. He is under the delusion that by openly expressing
interest in the less popular titles; FF8 and FF9,  he is somehow demonstrating higher value and
eccentricity to his peers.
Reality is an illusion, love is over. I want to destroy your ego.
I think what is also obvious is that by disagreeing with someone that has a higher egocentric frame
than myself will result in a self troll scenario which is status I am NOT trying to achieve.

That's quite perceptive of you. A few of Hermoor's other posts seem to suggest that he wants to define himself as not conforming to the norms of his age group and as being more mature than other teenagers. Unfortunately, he has picked a very clichéd form of non-conformism; FF7 bashing has been a very popular way of showing one's rebelliousness on the Internet for a long time, and has become about as original as wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt. It was cool once, but has now become so common that it actually indicates a lack of originality or independent thought.

BTW hermoor, i'm looking out for your well being here. Im pretty sure that posting NSFW is going to make halkun rape and mutilate your soul through the internet. I hope you have 56k.

Meh, he has no power here! :-D

Although someone else might go and fetch Qhimm...

« Reply #16 on: 2009-09-19 01:16:35 »
Qhimm could care less about something like this.

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-09-19 01:21:01 »
I'm dissapointed, psychology is nothing but a way to control the minds of weak minded people....

I lol'd.

Hermoor, why do you think so low of FF7? (and psychology?)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #18 on: 2009-09-19 03:38:49 »
Ok, Halkun doesn't mod the Completely Unrelated Forum. Thus, I don't think there is something he could do.. But Qhimm surely can. And, damn Hermoor! You sure are the argumentative-type nowadays.  :-P

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009-09-19 04:36:29 »
Great Gaia!!!

Luckily this was the Off topic Forum..... Or will be...well....

Creampied?  :lol:

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #20 on: 2009-09-19 05:54:44 »
Cloud and that other guy... Hmm, I won't vote because I don't know who that other guy is. Lol.  :-D

Jari

« Reply #21 on: 2009-09-19 09:24:58 »
Qhimm could care less about something like this.

Very true, since you seem to be implying that he does care. :-D

FYI, it's supposed to be 'could not care less' - otherwise it'll have the opposite meaning. What were you saying about English skillz earlier? :lol:

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
« Reply #22 on: 2009-09-19 12:24:22 »
So yeah- regardless of all the faggotry in this thread, Kratos is still winning, and I'm still shitting lizards.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009-09-19 13:24:38 »
Interesting, you ignored my last post...seems like 1-0 to me. You can't counter with something smart anymore. And then you rely on psychology. I'm dissapointed, psychology is nothing but a way to control the minds of weak minded people....maybe I should try it on you and see if I can hit the right nerves...hehe but I don't want you to get banned. :wink:

Oh, you! I was responding to a much more interesting post than the one you made. In any case, what would be the point responding to you? You didn't say anything you hadn't said before, just "lol you only want to improve it because it's the worst" (ignoring what I said and just repeating yourself because you knew I was right) and "bawwwwww, people only like FF7 because it's kewl!"; that wasn't convincing the first time and it isn't convincing the 100th time) :lol:

And is it just me, or are you becoming more and more desperate? In this post, you look like you're trying to convince yourself, not me :-D

I think Qhimm would agree with my points on this, he is not a fan boy like you.

I think Qhimm would agree with my points on this, he is not a troll like you.

And I have noticed he is from the same country as I. Oh great mother country sweden...

Guess who else comes from Sweden! :lol:

And I doubt that being from the same country as him will make Qhimm take your side; hopefully, he isn't as nationalistic as you are. It's more likely that it will be like the Seifer affair; remember how the British qhimmsters didn't support him? :-P

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile