Author Topic: Big Mysteries of FF7 & More  (Read 67700 times)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Re: Big Mysteries of FF7 & More
« Reply #125 on: 2009-11-21 23:19:31 »
Based on her picture in her Final Fantasy Wiki article, she's is quite attractive (by video game standards).  She could do better than Hojo, definitely.

Someone should've told Sephiroth in the game that he is not the son of a powerful alien... actually, he's the son of a whore who slept with everybody :lol:
I think he'd go mad once again. He would be like "I'd rather be a monster than to think that my mother's been the wrong... Well, mother this whole time!"  :lol:

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009-11-21 23:27:52 »
He doesn't know that Hojo is his father either, and he hates Hojo.  Poor thing... :cry:

Here are a few questions: After the party defeats Safer Sephiroth, how do they all end up at the ledge at the top of that big green pit thing leading to the Planet's Core?  How did the rest of the party get to the area where everyone fought Bizarro Sephiroth?  Why did Sephiroth remove his shirt for his final mental confrontation with Cloud?

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #127 on: 2009-11-22 19:37:08 »
Speaking of Sephiroth... WHY did Lucrecia sleep with Hojo?? huh

I suspect there's a clue in the name. Lucrece/ Lucretia was a demi-fictional* Roman noblewoman, raped by the power-mad tyrant Sextus Tarquinus. Feeling ashamed and desperately wishing to avoid birthing the child, she killed herself. Make the connections to Lucrecia as you will.

* It's complicated.

Murak Modder

• http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?murak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009-11-22 20:30:36 »
What about how Vincent got his new clothes?

Hojo shot him and experimented on him when he was still dressed like a turk, many years later, and suddenly he has a pseudo vampire outfit on!

I doubt Hojo would splurge on a decent looking outfit, so where did vincent get it?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009-11-23 20:47:55 »
Why did Sephiroth remove his shirt for his final mental confrontation with Cloud?

well that fight is in Cloud's mind, so one can assume that cloud tends to think of Sephiroth topless :P

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #130 on: 2009-11-23 21:56:39 »
well that fight is in Cloud's mind, so one can assume that cloud tends to think of Sephiroth topless :P
Hmm, then perhaps that raises some questions on Cloud's thoughts exactly.  :-P

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009-11-24 07:06:50 »
Or MAYBE, Sephiroth is using his Jenova powers to make Cloud think of him as topless, and Cloud is just sitting there going "MAKE IT STOP!!"

Garland_Ilferet

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009-11-24 09:41:36 »
that prove why people made a lot yaoi of Cloud and Sephiroth  :-D

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #133 on: 2009-11-24 20:56:53 »
Or MAYBE, Sephiroth is using his Jenova powers to make Cloud think of him as topless, and Cloud is just sitting there going "MAKE IT STOP!!"
Ha! I like that assumption. Better than saying that Cloud's not really all that into women.  :-P

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009-11-25 02:54:53 »
What about how Vincent got his new clothes?

Hojo shot him and experimented on him when he was still dressed like a turk, many years later, and suddenly he has a pseudo vampire outfit on!

I doubt Hojo would splurge on a decent looking outfit, so where did vincent get it?
I just assumed vincent's getup was just his turk outfit + blood soaked sheets.
That's pretty badass, he's wearing sheets colored with his own blood.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #135 on: 2009-11-25 03:21:44 »
That's pretty badass, he's wearing sheets colored with his own blood.
But what about that yellow glove thing he wears that looks like a claw? Or is it an actual claw?  :roll:

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009-11-25 07:16:27 »
I'm pretty sure it's an ordinary (maybe ordinary isn't the word, but you get what I mean) gauntlet.

Here's a question... maybe this is explained in one of the FF7 games I haven't played but... WHY is there a coffin in the Shinra Mansion's basement?

Garland_Ilferet

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009-11-25 07:26:31 »
I'm pretty sure it's an ordinary (maybe ordinary isn't the word, but you get what I mean) gauntlet.

Here's a question... maybe this is explained in one of the FF7 games I haven't played but... WHY is there a coffin in the Shinra Mansion's basement?

Not "a coffin", but coffins... there's more than one..

According to Crisis Core, the coffins are for putting hojo's experiments..
If Zack opens those coffins, some experiment monsters will come out..

And of course, Vincent is inside one of those coffins

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2009-11-25 08:07:30 »
Hojo's a creepy man O_O Then again, we always knew that.

Garland_Ilferet

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009-11-25 11:39:42 »
I always believed that Hojo is the core of all problem in FF7

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #140 on: 2009-11-25 15:19:57 »
It's always a mad scientist to do the fare bidding in just about any novel, legend, or game.  :-P

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009-11-26 05:40:27 »
Of course he is, he's the original sin of FF7.  That's what makes him worthy of the last boss before the party goes to the crater to stop Sephiroth.  It's like taking out the Warring Triad before facing Kekfa, as they were the original problem in FF6 history.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009-11-26 12:48:33 »
I don't think there's any original sin in FF7. Unlike in a lot of other games, where there is one bad guy who is definitely behind all of the other bad things, FF7 has quite a few baddies who work semi-separately. Hojo is certainly behind the problems that relate to some of the characters (Cloud, Sephiroth, Aeris and Red XIII), but Shinra in general is still pretty evil. Assuming that they would still have taken over the whole world without Hojo's SOLDIER research (I think they would have; it would just have taken longer), they'd still be draining the planet of Mako energy, making them the biggest baddies in the wider scheme of things, and they still would have been responsible for all of the bad things that lead to the creation of AVALANCHE (unless I'm missing something that is revealed in Before Crisis). The bad things that happened to Barret, for example, don't have any special connection to Hojo.

There's also Jenova and Sephiroth. Jenova has a lot of "Original Sin" qualities (moar like "Original Crisis" amirite? :-D); she did kill all of the ancients, after all. Jenova had the biggest impact of any baddie on the world of FF7. Hojo used her, but one might say that she used him as well. Sephiroth is, of course, thanks to Hojo, but also thanks to Jenova, and he has enough freedom (from Hojo, but not necessarily from Jenova), for one to say that Hojo is not really the core of the Sephiroth problem. After all, Sephiroth's actions weren't controlled by Hojo, and he did the opposite of what he was intended to do. If Hojo had said "just as planned" when Sephiroth went crazy, we might be able to say that he was the core of the problems in FF7. But he didn't. So there. :-P

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2009-11-26 14:04:12 »
It's easy to overlook her, as she isn't directly involved in the game, really.  I mean, she is, but... she's dead.  Hojo serves as the sort of "original sin" for the events of the FFVII game, as far as Cloud and Sephiroth go.  But for the FF7 history and universe... yeah, I guess it would really be Jenova.

So yeah, Jenova did have the most overall impact on the FF7 world.  I guess second to her would be Shinra for the influence they had over the world, and for the employment of Hojo, who would rank third on the list.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #144 on: 2009-11-26 19:04:29 »
Yeah. True. If Jenova wouldn't have landed at the crater, then Hojo and Gast would never have researched the history of Ancients (Cetra) and then the Jenova Project wouldn't have never begun. But yeah, either way, Shinra was the leading power either way, unless AVALANCHE would build their army and stand up and defeat Shinra.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009-11-27 00:33:50 »
My friend, 20 more posts and you'll have no life :-D
EDIT: My friend, 25 more posts and you'll have no life :-D

In the end, Shinra was rendered quite insignificant with Sephiroth's Meteor.  Sephiroth was basically trying to repeat what Jenova did, only bigger and badder, and with a few added twists, and the aim of the game is to stop it.  Humans won't survive the second time D=
« Last Edit: 2009-11-29 01:23:49 by The Seer of Shadows »