Author Topic: mount and blade: Wutai War  (Read 6399 times)

Swampthing15

• View Profile
mount and blade: Wutai War
« on: 2009-10-28 02:05:36 »
Hey guys, its been a while since Ive been around...lifes been crazy. I have came across a mod for a game called mount and blade, that covers the Wutai War. It is only version .5, but I have had a blast playing it the past couple days. If any of you play mount and blade I suggest you check it out. Unfortunately the creator has had to quit, but said he would hand over the mod to anyone that was interested and knew what they were doing.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,59877.0.html

for the details on the mod

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Re: mount and blade: Wutai War
« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-28 03:42:31 »
Wow. I looked at some of that stuff and it looks quite interesting. Will be keeping an eye on this! Thank you.  :-)

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-10-29 00:40:50 »
Yea its pretty fun, personally I would change a few things from the way they are now, but for being barely halfway done its great.

For those of you that dont know, Mount and blade is an indie game with an excellent combat system, you can download the full game for free at http://www.taleworlds.com/. You can only level your character up to level 7 before it asks for a product key, that you have to buy, but you can restart and try different things if you want. It is well worth the money though.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #3 on: 2009-10-31 04:44:46 »
Is it sort of like WOW or what?

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-11-01 00:21:52 »
No, hell no. Mount & Blade is THE medieval combat simulator. No other game in existence captures horse mounted combat the way this does. It's been a favorite game of mine since mid-2008. It's not an MMORPG, and unless Warbands is out, it's not even multiplayer yet.

Wutai War would be cool as a full fledged mod. Kind of funny picturing Shinra soldiers mowing down Wutai horses though, the samurai falling off, and Sephiroth running in and beating the crap out of them.

Still wanting 1866 more, though.

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-11-01 02:43:25 »
yea when i first found the game, i was actually making fun of it too a couple friends when i realized how awesome it was.

The wutai war even at 50% complete is pretty fun, heres a couple things ive noted so far:

1. The shinra rifle troops are great when fully upgraded, which is kinda hard to do.
2. The chocobo charging is fun, but hard to get the hang of, I think the hit boxes are a little out of sync.
3. The Wutai got screwed, their halberd rifle is modeled and in the game, just not coded to actually shoot yet...so its just an odd looking halberd.
4. Their are only the 2 factions, idk if he planned on putting more in, but I think their should atleast be a cosmo canyon/Gi warrior battles going on too, just to add some flavor.

Like I said it is only 50 percent done, the map is great, its got the 2 main continents, and you have to go through junon-costa del sol to get between them (thought that was a great touch) but it is still only 90% done. This is the progress posed on their thread:

Progress(relative to upcoming versions)
Map & map icons:            90%
Equipment:                      35%
Scripting:                        50%
Factions:                         75%
Parties, troops & "lords":  60%
Scenes:                          1%
Dialogs & Menus:            20%

I would really love for someone to take this mod over, especially if they added some of the models made here for the FF7 game.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #6 on: 2009-11-01 03:54:39 »
I shall YT this game. Sounds like a lot of fun.  :-)