Author Topic: Need HELP! In Desperate need..  (Read 3888 times)

Soul

• "I'll take a potato chip AND EAT IT!"
    • View Profile
Need HELP! In Desperate need..
« on: 2009-11-26 06:34:52 »
Can someone help me here? While i'm playing ff7 in my laptop (vistax32), after mako poisoning cloud seated in wheelchair event, i noticed that i cant use my items, change equips in every char, change materia, and limit break. can someone help me? this happends when i used the ff7 prp patch and the said new release of it in page 20. Please help me, i really need it.  :-(

hope i did not break any rules here. btw, im new in this forums.  :-D

blueropes

• View Profile
Re: Need HELP! In Desperate need..
« Reply #1 on: 2009-11-26 18:55:20 »
Hey, I had the same issue not long ago, I never figured out what it was, only that it had to do with that particular save only. 

Soul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-11-27 02:53:02 »
yeah.. i aslo noticed that. coz when i started new game, its all okay, but when i continue may saved game, it comes back again.. anyone know how to fix this?

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-11-27 16:03:27 »
thats odd... I dont see how the prp patch could have any affect on that though...are you using any other patches or mods? also, i know people fall back on this question way to often, but are you using the ultima version?

blueropes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-11-27 19:05:00 »
I don't know if it's an Ultima issue, I have a legit copy and the same thing happened to me a while back, couldn't switch out any materia, weapons, access the items ('item' was grayed out), or change limit levels (limit was also grayed out).  I asked Gjoerulv about it thinking it might have been an issue with the hardcore mod (Tetsujin I don't know if you're using it), my first thought was something was up with the kernel bin, but older saves worked just fine.  I asked around and nobody seemed to have a fix, hopefully you have some better luck, but in my case, I didn't find an answer and just had to use an older save and lose a couple of hours in the game.  Hopefully you get an answer, but if not I hope that's not your only save.

Beavii

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-11-27 20:22:50 »
Hey People,

I'd get this doulble checked, But i presume that the reason for this is becuse the files that were used to create the save,
have been modified or replaced. When the game looks for thes files, It gets confused and decides that the option is broken

(Like when in battle square)

Its the same error that occours if you delete your "midi.lgp" file the game can run but it will completely ignore that aspect.
As of yet. I dont believe that there is a fix for this appart from reverting back to your back up lgp's. (You did do that right)

Also In certain circumstances, If you have a conflict between your kernel's, scenes and battle bins. the game will force game over
by having yuffie kick your ass in a battle in some radom forrest, It could be that the game has a similar defense mechanism that locks
menu items that have conflicting data to prevent corruption of the files that the game is dependant on.

But again, I'm ony speculating.

FF7 still has many unexplored area's

Soul

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-11-28 01:26:19 »
nope.. its not ULTIMA EDITION.. haha.. thanks for your tips.. it's fixed now..  :-)