Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 Summon Mod  (Read 37236 times)

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 7 Summon Mod
« Reply #25 on: 2010-04-11 13:39:38 »
The cloud model in the video was from Kingdom Hearts]http://ui28.gamespot.com/891/kh2cloud_2.jpg]Kingdom Hearts.

Kula Wende made a complete new AC Style Cloud which can be found here.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9272.0

The download link was cut short because the url tags don't like spaces, but copy the whole line into address bar and it'll work.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-11 19:55:30 by Tekkie.X »

total9999

• Pirate
  • arrr matey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-04-11 14:34:43 »
The cloud model in the video was from [urlhttp://ui28.gamespot.com/891/kh2cloud_2.jpg]Kingdom Hearts[/url].

Kula Wende made a complete new AC Style Cloud which can be found here.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9272.0

The download link was cut short because the url tags don't like spaces, but copy the whole line into address bar and it'll work.
i have there

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-04-11 15:03:41 »
No dice. Unless it's beyond all recognition in which case it would still be against the rules but nobody would know.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-04-11 16:00:32 »
Unfortunately you won't get help unless someone is kind enough to PM you with help, converting models from other Final Fantasy games is illegal.

Using ripped models has indeed copyrighted problems but tweaking these models some way (change something in the model) won't make them not copyrighted anymore?
I believe that's a breach used a lot to use these kind of things.

I think that is a slippery slope that we would rather just avoid.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #29 on: 2010-04-11 18:44:17 »
o.o wow, realized just now how relaxed people are getting about double posting :P

as for some new summons, i'd think they'd be a bit on the backlist until at least the main party has all been redone by people

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #30 on: 2010-04-11 20:37:33 »
Why was this bumped? Isn't this talk illegal?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010-04-11 21:23:20 »
Well the models that have been made thus far are against the rules, but there's nothing wrong with making custom summon models, it's just that nobody's gotten around to it yet.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #32 on: 2010-04-12 00:25:19 »
Well the models that have been made thus far are against the rules, but there's nothing wrong with making custom summon models, it's just that nobody's gotten around to it yet.
I bet it'd be annoying to even begin with how to make a custom summon mod.  :-o

ZL325

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-04-12 00:30:07 »

im not promising it will be done tho lol
im still learning so yeah  :P
lol

srry for the size

the bottom one is more recent
« Last Edit: 2010-04-12 00:37:44 by ZeakLeon784 »

total9999

• Pirate
  • arrr matey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010-04-12 13:05:27 »

im not promising it will be done tho lol
im still learning so yeah  :P
lol

srry for the size

this is in blender?

the bottom one is more recent

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #35 on: 2010-04-12 13:22:04 »
that doesn't look to bad for a start actually

ryan89

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010-04-12 16:13:14 »
i have to admit this talk was a while back and i have been on holiday since haha but still i think that looks alright for a replacement :) i mean i have to say im no good at modelling myself but thats ok.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010-04-14 12:19:26 »
Would be _awesome_ to have KoR like this:

Got to search ebay to buy some of these figures for myself.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010-04-14 12:31:39 »
Is it bad that I've just realised that the last knight with the cape is a judge?

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #39 on: 2010-04-14 19:11:26 »
Is it bad that I've just realised that the last knight with the cape is a judge?
Judge? What do you mean?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010-04-14 19:13:14 »
From FF 12.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #41 on: 2010-04-14 19:14:17 »
From FF 12.
Oh, I wouldn't know.
Haven't played it. :P

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010-04-14 19:16:44 »
It's not just from FF12, it's from many other FF's also (tactics, etc)

Kenshin7

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2014-12-21 16:27:58 »
Hi all,  very nice forum by the way...sorry if my english is not very good, I am french mostly. I read a lot of stuffs from here and learn a lot from it for modifying my ff7 remake, since I liked this game a lot and the modding in here....anyway.I managed many things since I learned the cool stuffs to mod ff7 thx mostly to this site.
So idk if anyone managed to make summons but I actually succeed  myself putting some texture and started with Bahamut. I am no professionnal
by the way and honestly it was my first time using 3D programs lol, checking some helpfull tutorial on youtube and if you would like to have my
Bahamut model just say it, it will be my pleasure to share it if you like it. So here's a picture of my bahamut which I simply just smooth the polygons a bit and put texture on etc, hope u like it:

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2014-12-21 17:32:05 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:29:43 by dkma841 »

Kenshin7

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2014-12-21 18:06:06 »
Alright  :) here's the link, let me know if you have any kind of issues with it!

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/590269/use-lgp4bahamut-rar.html

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2014-12-21 19:10:03 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 16:29:35 by dkma841 »

Kenshin7

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2014-12-21 19:13:22 »
pleasure  :)

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2014-12-22 23:38:36 »
Awesome Bahamut model will download when I get home.  Btw the last word I got on model ripping and swapping is not illegal just doing it with your own copies as long as you own both games and purely for personal use.  I know though that they probably haven't been back for awhile but I digress.

Edit: btw you should do others if you haven't.

Kenshin7

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2014-12-23 14:14:33 »
Glad you guys like my model, I will work on others models slowly since I dont always have much time for it. Since I find no tutorial on how to do summons model I will write down my own tutorial here, but as I said earlier before I am no professionnal I just find out logically things by keep trying for arround 2 full weeks and it was hard for me to find out how to make your own summons. So at least you can avoid searching as hell I will give you all details that is need to be known:

Tools Need:***************************************
-lgp.exe/ unlgp.exe 
-Biturn w0.86a3 by mirex
-Kimera 0.97b  (okay some ppl had trouble installed it, I'll give u a hint, run cmd as admin when u have to register a certain .dll file with regsvr32;
it's the best Kimera to me and solved to me many kind of issues I had before, so it's a must have! )
-PCreator (use latest version you can find, and make sure to run as admin on windows 7 or above xp otherwise it won't launch)
-Blender  (Any recent version should do the job)
-Autodesk 3ds max 8 (the one I am using)
-Photoshop (any good version should do the job)

First extra all files inside magic.lgp into a folder, then use Kimera and you can view summons in that folder if you click in kimera open as ff7 magic skeleton file.Note this** if you save with that kimera your model into a new folder and try re-open it, the animation will prolly failed as hell, cuz the animation need also to be save too but lol that might failed too saving both directly from kimera so u need to go manually,here's what you need to do and test out a little. Go manually selected all files and parts that represent the summon model animation into your folder where you extracted files from the magic.lgp. Copy thoses into a new folder call like you want BahamutSummon for example. Then with Kimera try open it from BahamutSummon folder and check if nothing miss and the animation work well. If your animation doesn't work, you probably forgot a file to copy so check twice it should work.

Now you set to start, create a new folder call for example bahamutparts. Now that you have bahamut model open with Kimera...double click on the head for example and then save it ***''save as''*** you can rename it as what ever you want... head for example and save that into your folder bahamutparts. Do
it for all parts naturally cuz all parts of the summon you will want to modify to make a good final result and you can make as many folders you want inside folder bahamutparts so you can give yourself an easier reference like inside bahamutparts you got folders: head / legs/arms/wings etc as you want..

Now you need to use biturn to convert all thoses files to open next with blender so that you can later put textures you want on the parts and smooth polygons if you want too. So open biturn and click on head part and convert it to .3ds. Do it for all parts naturally.
Once you parts is converted to .3ds files now you can use blender. Personnaly here what I do....

I open blender erase the cube that by default appears: by simply click on delete on my keyboard and click okay to delete with my mouse. Then I click file >Import choose for example again head.3ds and now you should see your head part in blender. Then I click on the model with the right button mouse to selected it and I see the option smooth to the left that appears. I click on smooth cuz I like to smooth the polygons to make it feel better. Next thing required maybe checking youtube video tutorial but you need to get what its call the uv mapping which is basically mean in my words to create the polygons in 2d  view to color them later as you want with a texture for example...I'll try explain it as best I can how to do this here. So you need here actually 2 views, the one you actually see your head in 3D and the uv mapping. To do so, you need be precise a little,
so I'll put it like this, you have a 3D view at the moment and let's say the full window of blender is surround by 4 bars: top one,left,right,bottom. You need to click on the right button on your mouse on the top bar but down the bar so close to the 3D view window too until you see split area .... Then if you see that option appears you left click on it and you should see a line to split your 3D view screen in 2, just click again in the middle to create a 2nd view of you 3D model.

Next step:
Now you suppose to see 2 times you 3D models but you will want to have the 2nd screen to display the uv mapping, so you need to click down that one where you see a lit cube with an up and down arrow and choose UV\Editor image. Now your should see a plain square with nothing because you haven't what we call ''unwrap'' your model yet which will be the next step.

Now simply drag first your cursor into the 1st screen where you see your 3D model, click on Tab key and your model should be selected in orange.
Then click on the letter '' U '' on your keyboard and selected sphere projection ( I recommend that one ).
Now you should see the uv mapping in sphere mode but sometimes you have the issue that the uv mapping is larger than let's say the background in gray you see... and if you save it later like this it will be a problem cuz you could have polygons missings to apply textures if your uv mapping in orange goes further the gray background in your uv mapping. But solution to this to make in sort that your orange uv mapping goes well center on that gray background is to resize it and you can translate it or rotate it to do so:

Drag your mouse first where you see your uv mapping: now if you need to resize click on letter ''S'' on ur keyboard then move your mouse to adjust your size when you like the size simply left click to confirm it. You can also translate the uv mapping with the ''G'' letter key. Same method.

Now that made the uv mapping and smooth  your part is done. Export it as .obj... For unknow reasons this will work better for many things, first it's better recognize with autodesk max when you will next open it as .obj. Other reasons if it's directly export as 3ds the uv mapping won't work later in PCreator and I really don't know why but anyway I noticed that and thats all matter lol.

Okay now you need to open autodesk max and import your head.obj for example you created. Why again I am using autodesk max instead of directly convert the file in blender to 3ds....cuz it wont work next in PCreator so it  seem all theses steps is necessary. In brief don't ask me why, I dunno lol.

Okay so now you have you have your head.obj open in autodesk max, to the right where there's a menu there's the Modify tab icon that looks a bit hum like a gray rainbow to me... you will need to click on it to to see a different tab menu and then click on Modifier List to add ''UNWRAP UVW''
if you scroll completely down the list it's almost at the end, let's say close to the 10 last choices. So once unwrap uvw has being click on. You should see now on the right menu  and a bit down a button that say Edit... Now if you click on that you are suppose to see your uv mapping you created with blender. Now that this the uv mapping is open you can save it to as a picture to color later if you want the polygones which will be place as texture later for your part model...

Now that you have  click on edit and are in the uv mapping window, if you click on tools up that window then  choose render uvw template, you will see a smaller window ...and then clicking on render uv templace again down that small window, you will see by default the picture it will does if you save it and then you can save that one by clicking on the left top window on save bitmap, I suggest you save it as targa file example head.tga for using with photoshop.

Okay now you have to export your head.obj that you unwrapped with autodesk max (I am reapeating a bit myself to make you sure of where your at lol), you can now save it as head.3ds file by simply clicking file export .3ds and you can replace if your want your first head.3ds file that you converted before with biturn if you feel sure about your work so far.

Using photoshop you can now texture your head.targa files using your own photoshop skills. If you not sure of which polygons represent for example the eyes or else, if you still have your model part open in autodesk and see your unwrap model in edit, well, you can select in the 3D view the region you want and see what points its refer in the uwrap edit all this in autodesk max.
I suggest after you done your texture on the targa file that you save it first this as .jpg then open paint and save again but as .bmp cuz PCreator open only textures in .bmp files and why I do suggest save as jpg first is to avoid the mistake saving as jpg 2000 or else that will cause issues to view texture later in game then have an invisible texture in game.

Now almost last part finally, as you see its pretty long so I won't make all summons I wish others work too and I am sure some have better
abilities than me.

Open PCreator then open your .3ds file you saved before with autodesk max. click on PCreator window where you see a down arrow and between the 3 choices there, pick the last one down (that will allow to add the texture file in .bmp).But before adding the .bmp file you created click on the tab that say view and click on uv coords, if your uv mapping is not there it's because you done something wrong or haven't save properly your exports...if It's here good job!...Note**you need always to do that ''each parts you make''so in uv coord now check Y flip to place uv mapping as it should be otherwise it won't place well your texture according to the uv mapping. Now you can open your bitmap file, after this before you save click on the down arrow again and pick the 2nd choice this time to see how your texture will apply on your 3D model part, you should be able to see it directly in PCreator if not, use your mouse and try holding right mouse click by holding it and move until you see something.
One important detail: go into options and select battle model before saving, must be set always as battle model each part you save.
By default in options tab Bounding Box and Normal Index are checked, leave them like this. Now save your part model as for example
head2 it can be headZ headX anything as long you recognize what you created when you will need to replace thoses parts in Kimera.

Finally last part lol
Open Kimera open your summon make sure again your animation work by simply play the frames down there. Note***Sometimes I had to open twice the summon to see the animation working, a bug for unknow reasons.
Now double click your head bahamut for example and click on load p files,  you head2 which is your new p files wont display if you dont choose selected as battle model, so click on that to open head2 or headZ or whatever. And no your not looking for head2.p just head2 which you saved it this way as battle model before with Pcreator ;)

Once that is open in the same window of your part model before closing it, note the place where it's writting group...down you see see group0 or something else but group it is...anyway click on the group that is down there to selected it and then click on group properties. This is to set the id of your texture, you can set it now if you already add a texture or replace a texture or do it after and well to add a texture it's directly on Kimera right after opening a summon for example. You should see to the right a bit down menu of kimera ''show texture options'' button, clicking on that allow you to add or replace texture, if you add one and that for example you have 0 textures well you will have 2 textures one with the id=0 and the new on you add will have the id=1 simple as that...so in group properties you choose the id corresponding to the texture you add. In show texture options , texture you add as .jpg or .bmp will work, so no worries on that.

Now here's often a problem, you will load your p files close that window and you will nothing or barely nothing. First step is to resize your part putting x y z by 400 and omg its still small right? and its the max you can enlarge with 400, well you have no choices to save your model and re-open it then you can increase again the size ;) ...okay a reminder make sure while you re-open again that your animation work nice if not open again, its bad bug I hate but its life.
Now sometimes your part will appears fine but sometimes you will need to rotate your head since it's facing back or else. It's long to do but you can make it if I done it myself :)

One last tip: you can adjust light in kimera to make a real big nice difference, adjust it only at the end I truly suggest once all the parts is load otherwise it might mess up.

Gluck to ya all, hope this tutorial will help a lot and by the way since its very long I wish others help to make them, we can do it together!
Plz gimme a nice karma like since I believe I am the first one to bring a that long full details tutorial.  :evil:
« Last Edit: 2014-12-23 14:37:53 by Kenshin7 »