Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 Summon Mod  (Read 37235 times)

ryan89

• View Profile
Final Fantasy 7 Summon Mod
« on: 2010-03-21 08:11:00 »
Hey can people help me out here i dont like the look of most of the summons on final fantasy 7 pc version is there some sort of patch someone can hook me up with  ;D cuz id really appreciate it hehe im abit clueless once it comes to modelling lol or id do it myself :)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 7 Summon Mod
« Reply #1 on: 2010-03-21 08:16:01 »
Hey can people help me out here i dont like the look of most of the summons on final fantasy 7 pc version is there some sort of patch someone can hook me up with  ;D cuz id really appreciate it hehe im abit clueless once it comes to modelling lol or id do it myself :)
Nobody's remodeled the summons yet afaik, but once it's done I'm sure it'll be included as part of the Team Avalanche Overhaul.

ryan89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-03-21 08:18:46 »
kk thx for that new to the website and i just trying to find all the mods i can to play an awesome ff7 i loved ff8 summons and that but the only reason i asked because if u google mike strife if shud come up with a youtube remake with summons also if u look carfully on odin his horse has 6 legs and ifrit burns fire from his neck lol ^^

ryan89

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-03-21 08:23:38 »
ive also just had a though is it possible to replace the magic file from final fantasy 8 to 7? so says i was gonna cast blizzara or something the animation would just be the same as ff8 on ff7 :P but i quess i wish it was simpler then this :P cuz i already know this will never work but its just a thought cuz ive got ff8 pc installed :D

ryan89

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-03-21 08:30:37 »
also is there an editor to maybe Xfer the files from final fantasy 8 to final fantasy 7 maybe i was looking on the wiki but not really sure if any of em can help and if so which one hehe tbh i just really want the ff8 summons on ff7 :) there look alot better especially odin the original odin looks like a square blocked figure and some of him doesnt appear on my screen whilst playing XD its like the model has had chunks taken from the model altogether :P hehe.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-03-21 08:54:14 »
well a few summons from CC had been converted from CC to FF7 but this is against the forum rules now so most of the threads have been locked and the downloads deleted.
(although the ifrit model post still exists but all pictures and downloads have been removed).
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8640.0

Also converting ff8 to ff7 summons would also be against the rules.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8759.0

ryan89

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-03-21 08:59:30 »
just want to sum this up but why is this against the rules though? i thought this was a moding website where you try to make things better or is this something to do with copyright stuff etc?

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-03-21 09:00:40 »
creating your own isnt against the rules just ripping them from existing games is.

ryan89

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-03-21 09:02:36 »
dang :( i really wanted to do that and all but i dont really wanna be banned from the forums etc for this either i just thought it be a nice idea and im new to the forums to so i dont no all the terms/conditions and agreements for this but thx anyway :P if i cud have atleast 1 it be odin because odin is ftw :) hehe

ryan89

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-03-21 09:05:09 »
but if anyone cud make a better version or a similer home made version of odin please message me i love all the odins accept from the new final fantasy XIII :p they ruined the eidolons by changing them to robots boohoo :(

craziinova

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-03-21 10:49:02 »
ryan89, why don't you try your hand at 3d modelling and see if you can come up with anything yourself?

ryan89

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-03-21 17:42:22 »
I would try modelling but i wouldnt know where to start atm im looking for obesebears post about importing models etc :) so thanks anyway.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-03-21 17:56:48 »
If you really want the summon models, you should figure out how to rip 'em on your own or find a way to contact mike strife and and have him send you the files, but you won't get 'em here.

If we take stuff from other games, that's not technically modding, that's stealing content.

If we make our own models though, that's fine (according to the forum rules, at least).

If you think that sucks, then you should look around and see what we've done thus far.

ryan89

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-03-21 18:49:02 »
i do know :D just saying im not looking for stealing content or anything i was hoping someone here had like a summon mod with an update of the models for them because there abit old and i wanted some new :) hehe i dont want them from other games i was mostly hoping someone here had made a mod for this with there own models i could use :)

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-03-21 19:06:09 »
Yea, well, next time you're wondering something, there's a nice shiny search button near the top of the page... >> Ok I lied, its not that shiny

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-03-21 19:08:50 »
Maybe someone should mod it to make it glow and shimmer.

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-03-21 19:15:42 »
Maybe someone should mod it to make it glow and shimmer.
you know, it really wouldn't be a bad idea... then maybe more people would realize the function exists.

ryan89

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-03-21 19:16:13 »
XD yh i hope so. ^^

ryan89

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-03-21 19:18:58 »
but still ive had a look through anyway and even obese told me there isnt a summon mod yet so i quess gonna have to wait or try it myself i ant no genius thats for sure but still very kind of you to notice a shiny button at the top called search posts lol :D

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-03-21 19:22:37 »
Also, just a heads up, double posting is a no-no. So try to click the modify button at the upper right corner of all of your posts if you have something to add.

Cesarepais

« Reply #20 on: 2010-04-10 11:02:06 »
Hello everyone...I do not speak English well because I'm Italian. I wanted to know if you could exchange the summons of FFVII with summons  of FFX ... I used all the programs and extract individual models...I have the models of ffx in ffm with various textures and all the others of FFVII ... You tell me how could I do?

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-04-10 12:49:11 »
Unfortunately you won't get help unless someone is kind enough to PM you with help, converting models from other Final Fantasy games is illegal.

total9999

• Pirate
  • arrr matey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-04-11 07:14:35 »
Hello everyone...I do not speak English well because I'm Italian. I wanted to know if you could exchange the summons of FFVII with summons  of FFX ... I used all the programs and extract individual models...I have the models of ffx in ffm with various textures and all the others of FFVII ... You tell me how could I do?
volevo chiederti come hai fatto a estrarre i file da final fantasy x con che programma??
quelli che ho usato io non funzionavano

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-04-11 10:22:24 »
Unfortunately you won't get help unless someone is kind enough to PM you with help, converting models from other Final Fantasy games is illegal.

Using ripped models has indeed copyrighted problems but tweaking these models some way (change something in the model) won't make them not copyrighted anymore?
I believe that's a breach used a lot to use these kind of things.

total9999

• Pirate
  • arrr matey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010-04-11 11:51:47 »

Using ripped models has indeed copyrighted problems but tweaking these models some way (change something in the model) won't make them not copyrighted anymore?
I believe that's a breach used a lot to use these kind of things.
and the original cloud model that in black dress not is release??