Author Topic: WallMarket help  (Read 4227 times)

ryan89

• View Profile
WallMarket help
« on: 2010-03-22 16:44:47 »
Hey i was using wall market to rename alot of the spells eidonlon names etc etc and when i came to save it well first time it turned into a audio/video file thought thats no good lol deleted it made a second file called my changes.bin and i was hoping it would have changed it i was planning on changing the name and that to kernal etc and i noticed the file size was 1kb lol which i thought was kinda odd anyway i went to go load my save changes back up and it comes up with this error i try to continue but it doesnt so il have to rename all the files again how do i save it so all the names ingame are saved to? :)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Re: WallMarket help
« Reply #1 on: 2010-03-22 17:39:31 »
Click File...'Create "Kernel.bin" and "Kernel2.bin"' to apply all the changes. You shouldn't have to create any new files. This should help out a lot, too.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-22 17:51:44 by titeguy3 »

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-03-22 18:21:24 »
You mean you just deleted one of the most necessary files to the game? Thinking it was a video file? Just because VLC says its a video or audio file doesn't mean it's true. I've run into a couple things that VLC lied about...>>  Anyway do as titeguy pointed out, and you should be fine... just don't delete any more files that are in the program folders unless you absolutely know it's not supposed to be there...

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2010-03-22 20:56:46 »
Hey, I was using WallMarket to rename a lot of the spells, summon materia names etc etc and when I tried to save it well first time it turned into a audio/video file. I thought,  "That's no good" lol and I deleted it and made a second file called my changes.bin. I was hoping it would have changed the file type. I was planning on changing the name and that to kernel etc(?) and I noticed the file size was 1kb lol, which I thought was kinda odd. Anyway, I went to go load my saved changes back up and it displayed this error. I tried to continue but it didn't work. So I'll have to rename all the files again. How do I save it so all the names in-game are saved too? :)

D+
Spelling is poor and content is unclear. Yes, education follows you even after school is over.

In a folder view in Windows, go to Tools -> Folder Options... -> View and uncheck the "Hide extensions for known file types". This won't stop Windows from reporting that it's an audio/video file. You'll have to uninstall VLC for that. It will show you that it's a .bin file.

ryan89

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-03-23 17:58:19 »
ok thanks guys for making this clearer i didnt delete the files i always make a backup folder of all my files before overwriting if anything were to go on and yes dude im still going college and i do use alot of slang hehe :) but hey nobody is perfect.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-03-28 19:55:23 »
You're at college and your grammar is that bad? I mean, no offense... but that's kinda weird. I understand if you're British, because here a College is completely different to University... but if you're American...

*is scared*

ryan89

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-03-28 20:31:57 »
You must understand then because i live in britain and i am british lol :D

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-03-28 20:41:32 »
You're at college and your grammar is that bad? I mean, no offense... but that's kinda weird. I understand if you're British, because here a College is completely different to University... but if you're American...

*is scared*
A quick glance at his profile would have shown his email, at hotmail.co.uk
No American would have that address  :o

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-03-28 22:03:27 »
I R LAZY and couldn't be bothered. :P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-03-28 22:49:33 »
[off topic]

*is scared*

I'd say it's still scary; things British people write on the Internet make me very worried about the state of education in this country. My apologies to ryan89 for using him as inspiration for my complaints ;D[/off topic]

ryan89

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-03-30 18:21:17 »
no problem i can write normally but i am used to using too much slang lmao sorry about that its not the educations fault its my fault for hanging with chavs lol :).