Author Topic: More PSP Hacking. FF7 PC on the PSP. *maybe more legality issues*  (Read 3450 times)

Mendelevium

• View Profile
Currently I am working on getting FF7 PC version to function on the psp.
And I have found an easy way to do it. Through the use of PSPdisp. It streams both the sounds and video output from your pc monitor/speakers to your psp through a wireless or usb connection. I merely want to play a modded FF7 in my bed, and I lack a labtop. So this is the best I have.

Now this Pspdisp program can play FFVII pc with minimal lag, and blurring (due to quality and fps). However the psp lacks a keyboard... There just happens to be a way to map out the keys so they function like a ps1 controller. Which is exactly what I need. :p.

There are various videos out there of gamers using this same program to play Call of Duty 4 on their psp's, via a computer connection. it is the Same concept, Just with FF7 instead of COD4. I just am lost on how to configure the controls. My many attempts have failed, the read-me's and help files offer little assistance, and I have not been able to find a tutorial through the hour or two of searching I put into this.

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mendel

p.s.

Now, I am kinda sketchy on whether this is frowned upon here or not, this "PSP Modding"
I will remove this if the moderators don't like it. ^.^

Again thank you.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-28 00:17:27 by Mendelevium »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
PSPdisp has this feature built in, to map the buttons as keys. I'm not terribly familiar with how to do this, since I don't have a PSP myself, but their website has links to a few installation videos that may help.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
PSPdisp has this feature built in, to map the buttons as keys. I'm not terribly familiar with how to do this, since I don't have a PSP myself, but their website has links to a few installation videos that may help.

Yup yup. That is my problem, I cannot find how to "access" the feature to map the keys. And I have seen those vids. In fact that is the site i downloaded pspdisp from. XD.  Thank you for your input though. :). The information on that site, on how to map the keys doesn't make sense to me, and every time i go to do it, it fails to work. maybe i am just misreading the instructions or something... *sighs*

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile

Yup yup. That is my problem, I cannot find how to "access" the feature to map the keys. And I have seen those vids. In fact that is the site i downloaded pspdisp from. XD.  Thank you for your input though. :). The information on that site, on how to map the keys doesn't make sense to me, and every time i go to do it, it fails to work. maybe i am just misreading the instructions or something... *sighs*
Hmm...

Does Windows recognize it as a game controller? If it does, you could set that up, perhaps using software such as joy2key to convert button presses to keystrokes. (I prefer xpadder, but joy2key is more well known and easier to get help with)

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
I'm by no means new to the psp homebrew scene, but I had no idea one could do this with a psp. I've just installed it *is amazed*