Author Topic: Criticism of the Catholic Church is like the Holocaust!  (Read 16541 times)

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
Re: Criticism of the Catholic Church is like the Holocaust!
« Reply #25 on: 2010-04-13 04:09:10 »
http://richarddawkins.net/articles/5415

... is planning a legal ambush to have the Pope arrested during his state visit to Britain “for crimes against humanity”.
The pair believe they can exploit the same legal principle used to arrest Augusto Pinochet, the late Chilean dictator, when he visited Britain in 1998.

the law vs. the pope, this is gonna turn out strange if someone pulls through with it.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-04-13 14:43:21 »
http://richarddawkins.net/articles/5415

... is planning a legal ambush to have the Pope arrested during his state visit to Britain “for crimes against humanity”.
The pair believe they can exploit the same legal principle used to arrest Augusto Pinochet, the late Chilean dictator, when he visited Britain in 1998.

the law vs. the pope, this is gonna turn out strange if someone pulls through with it.
That's funny. But not exactly the right way to handle things. The pope is just a figurehead. All in all he's probably a nice guy--I wouldn't know, I've never met him, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. It's what the Pope stands for--the fact that the concept of a pope even exists that's the problem.
Doing something like arresting the pope will just make a lot of people seriously dislike you. Although who knows, having the Pope go to a white collar prison might send a message to the Catholic Church and make them learn from their mistakes....

......BAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAA oh man I had myself going there... the church... learning from mistakes.... Ha! As if they're not too egocentric to even admit to having made mistakes...

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-04-13 23:18:17 »
It's what the Pope stands for--the fact that the concept of a pope even exists that's the problem.

Call me old fashioned, but I would very much like to see the pope in a "pound-me-in-the-ass" prison.
He is made of the same meat, bones and gray matter that I am comprised of, he is not worth more in flesh than any other human.

If parliament or congress where condoning, hiding and protecting child molestation there would be reform.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-04-14 00:04:13 »
Call me old fashioned, but I would very much like to see the pope in a "pound-me-in-the-ass" prison.
If the crimes of the catholic church were to all be amassed onto the pope and prosecuted legally, he wouldn't go to prison, he'd go to Guantanamo.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-04-14 01:25:03 »
Don't point the accusing finger at the whole Catholic Church, now.  There are plenty of innocent, well-intending people in there (as there tends to be with a very large group).  It's kind of like saying, "A group of Canadians stole my car!  Canadians are bad people!!"

The sex-offending priests should be the ones going to jail.  After all, they seem to enjoy rape.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010-04-14 01:33:06 »
Is there a specific reason you chose canadians to make your point with?

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010-04-14 03:09:02 »
No.  Sorry if it offends anybody.  You can mentally replace that with anything you like and it would still get my point across.  "Westerners", "Easterners", "Weathermen", "Video gamers", "Cyclists", "Pokemon trainers", whatever :)

Point being: Choose a large group of people, you will usually get a majority of innocent, well-intending people and a minority of not-so-innocent people.  There must be at least a few criminals in Canada (just to use an example), but don't let them damage the reputation of the whole country because they're a tiny part of the population.  Likewise, I think (despite my previous comments) that it's getting a bit too anti-Catholic in here, originally because of something stupid a Catholic said, and now moving on to Catholic sex offenders...

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-04-14 03:25:09 »
Every group has its downfalls.  Christians are annoying as hell, Muslims have far too many extremists, Catholics rape little boys, Scientologists want to rule the world.   Nothing to be sorry about

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-04-14 15:58:27 »
Don't point the accusing finger at the whole Catholic Church, now.  There are plenty of innocent, well-intending people in there (as there tends to be with a very large group).
"If all the crimes of the catholic church." Are you saying that everyone in the catholic church has committed crimes against humanity? I'll admit, though that you can replace almost any religion there and achieve the same effect. The only reason I said "the catholic church" is because we were talking in the context of the pope.

Christians are annoying as hell
pun intended?

Muslims have far too many extremists
see: on tv. we didn't know shit about Muslim extremists prior to 9/11

Catholics rape little boys
And Hitler had a horrible taste in facial hair. That's the least of their issues.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010-04-14 18:16:05 »
see: on tv. we didn't know sh*t about Muslim extremists prior to 9/11
See: no other religion rioting in the streets accompanied by death threats to those who don't conform to their style of thinking.  At least not in modern day society.  This was all well and good back in 1100 and 1200 AD, but the rest of the religions have taken on more peaceful forms of conversions.

Sorry, I just hate chosen ignorance and close-mindedness, and it seems to be getting more and more popular worldwide [/pessimism]

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010-04-14 18:33:25 »
I have done no such thing, that I recall.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010-04-14 18:40:40 »

Funny thing is I havn't either. Maybe we arent really catholic?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010-04-14 18:47:15 »
see: on tv. we didn't know sh*t about Muslim extremists prior to 9/11
See: no other religion rioting in the streets accompanied by death threats to those who don't conform to their style of thinking.  At least not in modern day society.
rebuttal.

EDIT:
<---Make a wish.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-14 18:48:47 by titeguy3 »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010-04-14 18:50:34 »
All Catholics rape little boys.   All.

rebuttal.

That's ok though because I believe in the KKK's value system.   They also aren't nearly as "dangerous" as they used to be.  It's now more of a point of view than lynching and burning crosses.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-14 18:53:06 by obesebear »

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010-04-15 07:59:16 »
rebuttal.

That's ok though because I believe in the KKK's value system.   They also aren't nearly as "dangerous" as they used to be.  It's now more of a point of view than lynching and burning crosses.

Hm?  I don't know everything about the KKK, but just the name of the group is so badly tainted now that it'd be shameful to voluntarily be a member of it on any grounds.  Seriously, they've caused more terror and distress in their day than Muslim extremists have done in ours.  Yeah, um... EDIT: Didn't think that one through enough before posting :P

If a point of view is blatantly racist, then I don't see what's not wrong with it.  I try to respect others' opinions, but to consider yourself superior based on something so negligible as skin color... anyone who does that (consciously) ought to stop it right now.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-15 23:01:05 by The Seer of Shadows »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010-04-15 16:10:14 »

Funny thing is I havn't either. Maybe we arent really catholic?

Obviously not; you two must be lapsed Catholics or something :D

And a few words on Islamic extremism...

Islamic extremists have been causing far more trouble over the past few decades than the KKK ever did (the KKK were always small fries). I'm not sure about the exact extent of the death and terror caused by the KKK, but I wouldn't be surprised if 9/11 alone caused more destruction than they ever did. If not, I feel I must point out that what has happened with Islamic terrorism in the west is just the tip of the iceberg.

Over the past few days, scores (or is it hundreds?) have been killed in Russia, six years after those hundreds of people (half of them kids) were killed in the school in Beslan (of course, that wasn't just a religious thing). God knows how many thousands have been killed in Sudan. The number of deaths due to religious extremism on the Indian subcontinent since the partition has been ridiculous (mind you, that's a two/three/over 9000 way thing). Terrorists and even governments in the Middle East have been trying (and failing. Hard.) to finish the job that Hitler started with the Jews (who were in Israel first). And let's not forget the biggest victims of Islamic extremism, other Muslims (usually less extreme ones).

The point obesebear makes about Islamic extremism being more common today is a very important one. In these arguments, too many people try to excuse terrorists by pointing out what Christians did hundreds of years ago. Frankly, that doesn't matter.

Of course, they're not the worst. No. There's a religion which has a far worse problem with militarism. It's those damn militant atheists! I mean, members other religions may hijack funerals to preach hate, or cover up for child abusers, or set themselves on fire, or try to wipe Israel off the map, but the other day Richard Dawkins called someone else's beliefs stupid! Clearly, atheists are the real extremists in the modern world! :-D

[/gets called racist and gets back to procrastinating]

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010-04-15 17:08:53 »
Go study as I should be doing right now, you racist!!!

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010-04-15 22:58:23 »
As intelligent as your posts are, your finals are gonna need that intelligence more than we are :)  And I'm sure that pile of books in the library direly misses you rite nao.