Author Topic: Cloud's voices?  (Read 2807 times)

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
Cloud's voices?
« on: 2010-04-12 15:56:41 »
You know how Cloud would hear voices. Like the sudden warning in the first reactor. Is that from his previous memories/his inner self, or would it be from Zack's spirit?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Cloud's voices?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-04-12 17:12:53 »
maybe a little bit of both ....

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #2 on: 2010-04-12 18:08:21 »
i believe its his true personality and memories surfacing for a split second, im not sure though

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-04-12 19:05:39 »
I don't know for sure, but the three theories are: Zack, Jenova, and Cloud's inner self.

I've always assumed it was Cloud's inner self, as "Back then, I only got scraped knees" would make most sense in the context of Cloud and Tifa falling off of the bridge at Mt. Nibel, with Tifa being critically injured and Cloud only scraping his knees.

Of course, with the introduction of all this Crisis Core bullshit, people are starting to draw the connection to how Zack fell and landed in the exact same place (from the opposite side of Midgar  ???) and met Aerith in the past, and use it as evidence that it's Zack's spirit talking to Cloud.

To me, these are both perfectly valid explanations, and hell, it could even be that Zack and Cloud's consciousnesses merged somehow after Hojo's experimentation or something, in which case it'd be both, and it'd make sense how Cloud stopped hearing the voices after he got a grasp of who he was and separated his consciousness from Zack's.

Claiming it was Jenova makes no sense to me, unless she's just trying to confuse him...but even that wouldn't really make sense.

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-04-13 02:59:11 »
It is cloud's inner self urging him to remember the events at the Nibl Reactor (and it really is cloud's inner self).  The translation was not really good enough to get that. (the scraped kness is again his inner self remembering the fall at Nibl)

The first reactor dialogue goes something like

"Wake up! This is more than a reactor!"

As opposed to

"Watch out!  This isn't just a reactor"

The Nibl reactor was more than just a reactor, as it housed Shin-Ra's great secret and of course the events of Sephiroth and Jenova.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-13 03:04:18 by Colonel Ramsay »