Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2435881 times)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #1425 on: 2013-07-25 03:17:58 »
Is this just an issue of where the games installed? Steam gives you the option of choosing where you want to install games, it maybe easier to just reinstall to the directory you want. I have it set to install everything on a separate drive I have in a raid configuration so it doesn't bog down my C drive.
Oh, alright then.
Also, I downloaded the tifa's package, which is over 17 GB, can I delete from my computer now that everything is installed? (I'm supposing the files that I chose in the configurator were unzipped and installed already, right?).

I would keep everything, or at least back it up somewhere. If for any reason you need to reinstall or just rerun bootleg again you'll have to have them.

Cwatt6661

• View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: 2013-07-25 04:15:22 »
Alright, I am out of ideas to fix this Tifa with white squares on her face and not being able to change her battle model.  I uninstalled completely except for bootleg and ran the Remove Keys tool.  Got the music working again, though lost it after the second reboot. If there is any ideas to solve this, I am down otherwise I may just have to live with a blotchy Tifa.

I am sure something is not being deleted just no idea what or where it could be.  There's no reason to have to re download the mods is there?  because they took a decent chunk of a day.

Here is the APP.LOG

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 660/PCIe/SSE2 4.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
GLITCH: Unable to turn on vsync
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file C:\Bootleg\FINAL_FANTASY_VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Bootleg\FINAL_FANTASY_VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
stop_sound
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
stop_sound
-=-=[END OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 229
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
[BATTLE] End of current battle
[BATTLE] Begin end battle stuff
stop_sound
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_QUIT
[BATTLE] endof battle.
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_QUIT
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
stop_sound
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
WM_CLOSE
-=-=[END OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 04:18:40 by Cwatt6661 »

reshin

• View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: 2013-07-25 05:18:55 »
All right, I found the app.log, and it's totally empty.  Ran a couple of googles, which mentioned the possibility of a UAC problem, but I already set it to the minimum...I'm running Windows 7.

Funchal99

• View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: 2013-07-25 05:35:33 »
alright, I am out of ideas to fix this Tifa with white squares on her face and not being able to change her battle model.
Oh, I was going to ask this forum for help about it now. Just noticed that Tifa is with her same battle model and a jumbled up face. So nobody knows how to fix that?

Also, I am playing now with preserve aspect (much better), but the menu still seems like it was designed to be shown in wide screen, resulting in the feeling that the whole interface of the menu is slightly...how should I put it...squeezed? I found in the opengl archive that there is an "widescreen hack" feature, so I changed it from "Yes" to "No", but the menu still looks rather odd.

This is a Steam install, and I did use Steam Mover. Could that be the cause of these problems?
I have the steam version, used steam mover and didn't use the game converter. Everything seems to be working fine so far...you know, except for the Tifa battle model glitch. I sure hope this is not the issue and I have to reinstall the whole freaking thing...
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 05:49:11 by Funchal99 »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: 2013-07-25 12:15:40 »
Tifa with white squares... What model is this...? AC Tifa? Try installing Whiteraven's Tifa instead if that's the only issue you've got going, I think AC Tifa AND Yuffie may have problems off boot40.

lemon

• View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: 2013-07-25 12:16:51 »
I didn't use the game converter either. I'll try some of the alternate ways to move my steam directory.

cloudstrife996

• View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: 2013-07-25 13:25:04 »
Does any one have this problem?

Quite annoyed..:(. The counter number does not show all.
How to fix this? Help me please.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 13:26:53 by cloudstrife996 »

RayofSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: 2013-07-25 16:00:40 »
Hello; made this account just to post this - all this looks great and I'd love to be able to play around with it. I'm using Windows XP with the Steam release, having used the torrent to acquire everything, and have followed the tut all the way through, so my game is converted properly and all the rest.

I've been having an issue where my bootleg.exe hangs indefinitely at "building condor.lgp" - I have to close it by force, and it's not usually until several minutes after that I get a "lgp.exe has ceased working" Windows message. Notably, after it moves on to "copying LGP files", I get several error messages regarding Windows being unable to find files within Sprinkles.7z; clicking okay makes bootleg.exe spit out "Invalid switch - -I" and move on to the next .LGP file. This continues through "Installing Field Art as PNG to Mods Folder", then through the various Facepalmer files, and finally it gives the same error when it comes to "Extracting condor.lgp" in the Strayoff's Condor Minigame Upgrades set.

... except this time, apparently, as I'm writing this. This time it's chosen to hang at "Installing FeliX Leonhart's World Art", and I haven't got the lgp error message yet (several minutes later).
EDIT: lgp error message never appeared on that attempt, weirdly.

My APP.log file is unfortunately empty, presumably because that would make things too easy. I'm currently in the process of reinstalling VII so I can attack it from the top down.

Something I should mention - I didn't check at the time (and I will in future), but "Sprinkles.7z" doesn't exist anywhere in my FF7 folder after the fact, although I did get a "Sprinkles is ready" message when bootleg was initially setting up.
EDIT: In spite of a folder named Sprinkles.7z appearing in my designated temp files folder, and recieving a "Sprinkles is ready" message in bootleg.exe, that folder has nothing inside of it.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 16:56:42 by RayofSpeed »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: 2013-07-25 16:08:49 »
I'm using Windows XP with the Steam release

Reinstall completely (make sure everything is deleted from the game install folder) and use Kompass63's Registry tool before reinstalling ff7 and then using Kompass63 Game Converter .8b, Start the game to test it once after the Game Converter. Then install bootleg.

GameConverter.8 is specifically made to be compatible with XP and STEAM ff7. It's the only way to get a clean install for you. Please be sure to install ff7 outside of the Program Files area of your Windows install disk.
PLEASE DO NOT USE "STEAM MOVER"
This Tool don't update the Registry, my FF7 GameConverter can not work correctly!
Preferring instead to move the whole Steam folder as described here.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 16:12:34 by Template »

RayofSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: 2013-07-25 16:32:31 »
Yeah, I've done that. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Cwatt6661

• View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: 2013-07-25 17:31:52 »
Tifa with white squares... What model is this...? AC Tifa? Try installing Whiteraven's Tifa instead if that's the only issue you've got going, I think AC Tifa AND Yuffie may have problems off boot40.

Yeah sorry.  I have the battle model AC Grimmy selected yet the original is the one that shows in battle with the strange white shapes ,  though Grimmy had worked perfectly fine before.  I will try Whiteraven to see if it fixes and maybe try switching back again after.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 17:34:19 by Cwatt6661 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: 2013-07-25 18:28:04 »
I noticed something about Game Converter, the rerelease and bootleg. If you choose no change to the movies with bootleg after GC, you'll end up with an empty movie folder. Weird. Guess I'll bug Kompass63 about it if I can recreate the issue. 

Edit: no, no, no. There is an empty movies folder in the main install folder, but in data is the correct movies path... Where did this come from? I just change movie path in bootloader and it's fine, guess that changes the registry quietly.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 19:29:11 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: 2013-07-25 19:00:58 »

Yeah there's a problem with Grimmys Tifa and Yuffie models. Yuffie will crash the game, so use Whiteravens. Tifa will work but for some reason the version included with the torrent just loads the prp model, so download the one from the mod lists here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/aa97buhbke72ohg/JKA+Tifa.7z and over write the file in your ff7 mods folder. It'll now install Tifa when you rerun bootleg.

reshin

• View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: 2013-07-25 22:36:35 »
What steps should I take with a Windows 7 to fully reinstall FFVII with the steam release, since my APP.log is empty as well?  I had followed the tutorial previously up to the "Run Bootleg" step, which briefly brings up the command prompt in a new window, and then closes after a few seconds, seemingly without doing anything.  Also, I didn't use the steam mover, I did move everything per a tutorial on moving the steam installation.  Any ideas of where I should start?

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: 2013-07-25 22:49:14 »
No problem it's actually pretty easy. To start you'll need to uninstall the game though. Then go to file>settings and click the download tab. It'll show you what directories are set to install games. Click add library folder and just navigate to the directory you want to use. Probably games\final fantasy vii\ff7 yes?

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: 2013-07-25 23:18:00 »
@reshin and all other people who move FF7-Steam

My Game Converter reads the registry key

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 39140"        for 64Bit-Systems

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 39140"        for 32Bit-Systems

There is a value "InstallLocation" which contains the path to FF7.
Please refer in your registry, if the path is also pointing to the moved folder. (use "C:\Windows\regedit" for this)

If not, the key is obviously not set to the moved folder, no matter what method you use to move.

If you set this key manually (after moving) to the moved path, my GC should take this path as the source/destination.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: 2013-07-25 23:45:26 »
I'll add this info to the FAQ I've stolen from the front page of this thread and reposted HERE

You guys can feel free to keep posting questions here or there, but I think 58 pages is too hard to search through and people are missing the FAQ because it's at the very bottom of the front page of this thread, after it looks like Alyza's tutorial is finished.

Funchal99

• View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: 2013-07-25 23:47:10 »

So...do I need to uninstall the whole thing and reinstall again? Or can I just change one or two files from the game's folder or something.

Also, I've installed whitereaven's Yuffie from the get go, so I guess I don't need to worry about that, right?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 23:59:25 by Funchal99 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: 2013-07-26 00:35:36 »
So...do I need to uninstall the whole thing and reinstall again? Or can I just change one or two files from the game's folder or something.
Also, I've installed whitereaven's Yuffie from the get go, so I guess I don't need to worry about that, right?
Here's what I would suggest. Test the Tifa model cmh175 said to download above and install it in your DIRECT folder. It's good for testing out models individually. And for fixing problems with small mods.
Here's what it will look like doing the process:

notice the field folder files need to go to the direct\char\ folder. The others are named the same. All the files from world go to direct\world\ etc. Don't put the folder in, just the files inside the downloaded folders get moved over.
Once you've done that, you just need to ACTIVATE "direct mode" in bootloader and load up the game and see if that worked. About Yuffie: I wasn't aware Whiteraven's AC Yuffie was on bootleg40, you may find yourself having to do the same process but with the Yuffie model from this thread.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-26 19:44:32 by Template »

Funchal99

• View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: 2013-07-26 01:59:29 »
I did just as you told me to, but Tifa still only has her prp model with white squares on her face... Any other way to do it?
Also, my direct folders have nothing in it prior to the procedure you just described. Is that supposed to be empty?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: 2013-07-26 02:02:51 »
I did just as you told me to, but Tifa still only has her prp model with white squares on her face... Any other way to do it?
Also, my direct folders have nothing in it prior to the procedure you just described. Is that supposed to be empty?
Yes, I forgot to tell you to activate direct mode in bootloader config! sorry, but yes they are supposed to be empty.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: 2013-07-26 02:06:08 »
Here's what I would suggest. Test the Tifa model cmh175 said to download above and install it in your DIRECT folder. It's good for testing out models individually. And for fixing problems with small mods.
Here's what it will look like doing the process:

notice the field folder files need to go to the direct\char\ folder. The others are named the same. All the files from world go to direct\world\ etc. Don't put the folder in, just the files inside the downloaded folders get moved over.
Once you've done that, load up the game and see if that worked. About Yuffie: I wasn't aware Whiteraven's AC Yuffie was on bootleg40, you may find yourself having to do the same process but with the Yuffie model from this thread.

Directions with screenshots, dude you're the man. My directions tend to be overly vague. Make sure you check direct mode in bootloader first. Yes the direct files will be empty.

~ Ah, Templates got this covered.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-26 02:07:54 by cmh175 »

Funchal99

• View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: 2013-07-26 02:08:36 »
alright, it worked!
Thanks a bunch!
Just one more question though: Maybe I'll have to do it with Yuffie too, right? If that is the case, how should I procede? I'm guessing the files, even though they are for different characters, have the same name and I will be asked to ovewrite them, right? I'll have to choose which one I won't want to be bugged?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: 2013-07-26 02:10:56 »
Different files.

Funchal99

• View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: 2013-07-26 02:14:02 »
Oh, great! Thanks, then!