Author Topic: hi everyone i need help with LGP Tools [first topic on qhimm ever]  (Read 6054 times)

old boss

• View Profile
hi i need help on how to extract weapons models [i want to change cloud's nail bat model to masamune's] i have scorpiuos's sephiroth patch and then i applied milena' weapons models resulting in having my cloud [now sephiroth] to have a normal cloud weapons, [which is looking ugly on sephy]
so i want to change the nail bat's model with masamune's and then change the hit sound to make a perfect masamune , so if  someone could help me I'd really appreciate it , thanks in advance  :-D

oh and i also downloaded ficedula's music patch with the remastered OST but it doesn't start seamlessly eg. when i enter a battle it waits 3-5 secs then the track plays (fighting) which is a very annoying ,  so any help on my issues would be great

BTW thanks to everyone's awesome and hard work on FFVII PC  :?: [/i]
« Last Edit: 2010-07-16 16:34:35 by obesebear »

Timber

• View Profile
Don't use LGPTools, it has issues, use Aali's lgp/unlgp: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9924.0

As for the music, I just wrote a tutorial on how to get looping music: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10294.0

There is an example of the Fighting music properly looped in the last post, download it and give it a go.

old boss

• View Profile
thank you very much i'm giving it a go right now

old boss

• View Profile
okay now i'm lost , i've downloaded kranmer's lgp installer but i don't know how to use it to change the buster sword's model into masamune's model please can someone help me here ? please .

obesebear

• View Profile
okay now i'm lost , i've downloaded kranmer's lgp installer but i don't know how to use it to change the buster sword's model into masamune's model please can someone help me here ? please .
No double posting.  User was warned for this post

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
No double posting.  User was warned for this post

You're too nice, Obesebear. I vote for an immediate ban.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
As a moderator, can't you edit other people's posts? Perhaps it'd be better to put your warning in like that instead of with a response and a quote.

I dunno, it's just something I've seen on some other forums.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Moderators can edit posts.

obesebear

• View Profile

As a moderator, can't you edit other people's posts? Perhaps it'd be better to put your warning in like that instead of with a response and a quote.

I dunno, it's just something I've seen on some other forums.
Nah, I like to bump the topic so that everyone can see that action was taken.   Perhaps in a few months I'll strictly edit posts, but for now I'm happy with broadcasting it :?:

old boss

• View Profile
umm sorry guys I'm not much of a forum guy so I'm sorry for that  :'( ,  so can someone help me on my issues ? I'm in dire need here on how to change the buster sword into masamune please help me here  , ohh and I've just installed ficudula's music patch with the remastered OST and there is always a delay when the music plays like when i win a battle the fanfare  start  after  3 - 5 secs which is really annoying ,  so can someone help me please ?

Miseru

• "Help! One of my main characters is black!" - xD
    • View Profile
 Unpack battle.lgp. I'm not aware of the flaws of LGPtools - should work just fine, but lgp/unlgp is an easy commandline tool and it's said to be better, and works even faster I would say, so use it if the word "commandline" isn't a black magic for you=].
 Take your Masamune model by default it's "sack" Sephiroth: Masamune, rename it to "rtcu" for Cloud: Nail Bat or "rtck" for Cloud: Buster Sword(not sure which finally you wanna change but you can find all known info about battle.lgp on wiki - I usually turn nailbat to masamune and turn it's power to rise with enemy lvl or killed enemies, yet I don't really use seph patch), you can also change all models with masamune if they look bad coping the masamune model a few times and renaming it to all Cloud weapons from rtck to rtcz(or look below for other method). Pack your battle.lgp again.

You can edit weapon stats, sounds used easily without any hex editing(at least for most usefull stuff) now by Wallmarket - you can also use it to change model of all weapons to look like other one, but it must be one of current character weapons anyway or so I guess in case you wanna use sephiroth models.

And for the music there was Aali's patch, I'm lazy to look for original topic but you can find it here too: ff7_lessdebug - http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6238.0 never fooled around music yet soo I dunno really if it'll help you, but it does cut off debug info unlaging/speeding up music.

old boss

• View Profile
@ Miseru
« Reply #11 on: 2010-07-19 19:31:35 »
thank you very much for your helpful post it worked , now all my problems have been solved thanks everyone

BTW how can i close the topic now that i have my problems solved ?
« Last Edit: 2010-07-19 19:33:50 by old boss »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Let me do that for you.