Author Topic: Halloween topic/Covarr topic  (Read 21587 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: What cha doin for Halloween?
« Reply #25 on: 2010-10-30 15:07:41 »
I can't really read people, at all. I wouldn't at all be surprised if I was missing signals. However, I've also seen people irrefutably go out of their way to avoid me, on far too many occasions to ignore. I really don't know what it is I'm doing wrong, because I simply don't understand people.

Maybe you should shower more often. ;D
lol, I used to have that problem (every week and a half or so, my roomie back then hated me). But now I shower every day, I'll have you know ;D

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-10-30 15:09:07 »
I can't really read people, at all. I wouldn't at all be surprised if I was missing signals. However, I've also seen people irrefutably go out of their way to avoid me, on far too many occasions to ignore. I really don't know what it is I'm doing wrong, because I simply don't understand people.

Maybe you should shower more often. ;D
lol, I used to have that problem (every week and a half or so, my roomie back then hated me). But now I shower every day, I'll have you know ;D

I see. Well, maybe girls would like you more if you joined a sports team? Athletes get a lot of pussy.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-10-30 15:13:13 »
If all I wanted was to get laid, I could hire a cheap hooker O_o

And I'd rather keep my brain cells than be athletic, thank you very much  >:(

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-10-30 15:18:25 »
If all I wanted was to get laid, I could hire a cheap hooker O_o

Sounds like a good plan! If you're ever in Australia, one of our spambots should be able to get you in contact with an agency.

And I'd rather keep my brain cells than be athletic, thank you very much  >:(

Wait? Do you think that playing sports kills braincells? No, no. Quite the opposite.

Unless the sport is professional boxing and you're not very good at it.

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Halloween topic/Covarr topic
« Reply #29 on: 2010-10-30 16:16:18 »
There, it is now fine to talk about Covarr in this thread

Now on to the subject matter.  Whether you can read people are not isn't all that matters.  Hell the girl I'm with now I couldn't read for the life of me, so I just made a move and turns out I didn't get slapped.   Sometimes you just gotta man up and get either a yes or no.  Gray area is no fun.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-30 16:18:20 by obesebear »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010-10-30 16:19:58 »
Great! Can we start by talking about the things we like about Covarr-kun?

Obviously, someone else will have to start, since I'm fresh out of ideas :P

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #31 on: 2010-10-30 18:36:46 »
Covarr do you have Aspergers Syndrome?  Its a disorder on the high-functioning end of the Autism Spectrum of disorders.  Some sympoms include not being able to read/understand people, shyness (or lack of desire to interact with others), anxiety in social situations (often a result of ineffective communication early in life), and intense interest in certain subjects (FFVII? modding?) and rigid adherence to routines and static patterns of behavior.

If this is the case, then it may be significantly more difficult to interact with this lucky lady.  Us simply encouraging you may have little effect.  That's why a few pre-emptive beers might be in order.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-10-30 18:42:37 »
Covarr do you have Aspergers Syndrome?  Its a disorder on the high-functioning end of the Autism Spectrum of disorders.  Some sympoms include not being able to read/understand people, shyness (or lack of desire to interact with others), anxiety in social situations (often a result of ineffective communication early in life), and intense interest in certain subjects (FFVII? modding?) and rigid adherence to routines and static patterns of behavior.

If this is the case, then it may be significantly more difficult to interact with this lucky lady.  Us simply encouraging you may have little effect.  That's why a few pre-emptive beers might be in order.
Am I really that obvious? I don't generally like bringing up AS on the internet because some jackasses lie and claim to have it as an excuse to do whatever they want, and have kind of ruined it for folks who really do have it. But anyway, yes, I do, albeit not nearly as intense a case as the guy in the movie Adam.

Although, I did have a beer before I saw her last. Interestingly, there's something that sets her apart from other people, I don't know what it is, but I haven't had that much trouble interacting with her in general. Interacting effectively, maybe, but I generally feel uncomfortable around folks unless I've known them a long time, and I didn't feel like that around her. Probably a large part of the reason I was interested to begin with.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-10-30 18:52:49 »
 ;D Well thats a good sign!  Oh that was a good movie, although his case was pretty severe.  The fact that you ae aleady moderately comfortable around her is always a good sign.  Assuming you don't make a complete ass of yourself, you should be able to foster that relationship.  Yeah, maybe it will take a little bit of time, but when you do finally feel compeltely comfortable (or as comfortable as possible heh) I'm sure she will have an excellent impression of you.  I mean, if the Covarr that doesn't have a face and communicates with text lives inside the IRL you, then success is inevitable.  Also, she will probably be able to tell that your not just interested in getting laid, which obviously is a good thing.  Keep us updated (if you want).

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010-10-30 19:00:29 »
Yeah, it's obvious she can tell I'm not just interested in getting laid. The thing is, I know she enjoys spending time around me, she said that I have a way of cheering her up, and that she feels like I'm one of the only people she can really open up to. She also said that she wants to stay friends partly because if we became romantically involved and it didn't work out then she could lose me as a friend too, and doesn't want that (also partly the age gap, would be kinda weird).

The thing is, I suspect she is interested in me, and either doesn't realize it, or is for some reason afraid to admit it. But I really would rather not push things after getting an answer, at least not for a long while, for fear of making things worse.

Of course, I could also be misinterpreting her words, or only remembering the part I want to.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010-10-30 19:09:30 »
I see. Well, maybe girls would like you more if you joined a sports team? Athletes get a lot of pussy.

More colorful analogies brought to you by Kudistos, I think the reason why athletes get some is because there rich and as a secondary there usually fit.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010-10-30 19:22:04 »
From what you're saying you sound either friend-zoned or dangerously close. 
1.  Get her to go out with you somewhere tonight, hang out in crowds..whatevs, but make sure at some point you have at least 20 minutes alone with her. 

2.  Since you have trouble with relationships and the back and forth of thingsI'd just be straight up with her about being interested.

3. ???

4. Profit

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010-10-30 19:28:23 »
1.  Get her to go out with you somewhere tonight, hang out in crowds..whatevs, but make sure at some point you have at least 20 minutes alone with her. 

2.  Since you have trouble with relationships and the back and forth of thingsI'd just be straight up with her about being interested.
Yes, friendzoned. That's kinda what I've been saying, if you reread my post on page 1.

1. No can do. I barely see her once a week, since she's got too much schoolwork to do. Last night was procrastination time, so now she has to get schoolwork done.
2. Already was straight up, last night.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010-10-30 19:34:36 »

Yes, friendzoned. That's kinda what I've been saying, if you reread my post on page 1.

1. No can do. I barely see her once a week, since she's got too much schoolwork to do. Last night was procrastination time, so now she has to get schoolwork done.
2. Already was straight up, last night.

Might sound kinda corny. But I would recommend you bring her a book!. Chocolates if you don't know what she likes, with one red rose.

Nobody brings this kinda stuff anymore it proves that your different from the rest, and she's special to you. Worse thing that could happen is you get the wrong book, but she will knows you are thinking about her.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-30 19:50:16 by Mako »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010-10-30 19:44:39 »
I probably wouldn't listen to Obesebear (not that its not great advice, but I think the context is a lot different) in this matter lol, you said she is 26 year old grad student.  You also say you are legitmately interested in her as a person, so you are thinking long-term.  I understand your desire to tread lightly, but don't really have too much to offer.  Be weary of listening to others though, we have little or no pertinent info about this woman (it seems evident shes not a girl).  We all know Covarr is a great guy, but without knowing something about this female, I'm not sure any advice has a guarantee attached to it.

Mako has the right idea, unless she is illiterate (probably not), or allegic to chocolate and pollen.  A relationship can only go so far when passive interaction is the main component.  Proactive communication of your true feelings will eventually (if it isn't already) be necessary.  But like you said, she may be afraid of ruining a good friendship.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-30 19:49:14 by xLostWingx »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010-10-30 20:27:35 »
26 year old grad student
No, she's 29, 8 years older than me (21).

Well, I don't know when I'll see her again, since her schedule has always been kinda spotty, but I think the best course of action at this point is to not think about it too much, stop planning, and really just see what happens. Thank you everyone for the advice and support.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010-10-31 01:31:15 »
HALLOWEEN INFO POST

Placement is fucked up because I have shit handwriting, but I think it came out pretty good

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010-10-31 01:34:52 »
Can't see it.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010-10-31 05:50:59 »
oops

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010-10-31 05:58:12 »
Oh dudedon't forget to get some rope.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010-10-31 06:10:19 »
Nice.  Is that some sweet ass red transparent steamroller in the back corner?  Halloween whoo!!!

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010-10-31 06:36:36 »
Nice.  Is that some sweet ass red transparent steamroller in the back corner?  Halloween whoo!!!

Nah I wish.  It's just one of those half-assed lava lamps that have the glitter in them instead of the awesome shit.  Still trippy though.  My family doesn't know I smoke, so I don't really own any pieces or bongs.  I may pick up a cheap one next week though

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010-10-31 06:37:22 »

What am I gonna need fookin rope for

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010-10-31 07:20:47 »

Nah I wish.  It's just one of those half-assed lava lamps that have the glitter in them instead of the awesome sh*t.  Still trippy though.  My family doesn't know I smoke, so I don't really own any pieces or bongs.  I may pick up a cheap one next week though

Damn lava lamp wannabees.  That sucks you gotta be shneaky.  You said you live in SC, so pieces are real cheap.  You'd have to get some type of air-tight container though if you planned on keepin it in your room.  Or find a stash spot outside?  Lol

For taking prisoners off course.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010-10-31 08:04:22 »

Nah I wish.  It's just one of those half-assed lava lamps that have the glitter in them instead of the awesome sh*t.  Still trippy though.  My family doesn't know I smoke, so I don't really own any pieces or bongs.  I may pick up a cheap one next week though

Damn lava lamp wannabees.  That sucks you gotta be shneaky.  You said you live in SC, so pieces are real cheap.  You'd have to get some type of air-tight container though if you planned on keepin it in your room.  Or find a stash spot outside?  Lol

For taking prisoners off course.

I don't live in SC.  I live in NJ, right next to NYC