Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4971281 times)

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3100 on: 2016-04-02 00:09:12 »
Avoiding Funny Breath would be handy; confusion is a huge pain and those Smoke Bullets are really annoying as well. Smoke Bullet was the only one I knew of that had Hidden on it though, besides Ultima Beam.

On the subject, there's a wee secret with the Dorky Faces. Dunno if it's guide-worthy, but might be a nice factoid when writing about the area: https://youtu.be/qpN5qJbb7io
I actually noticed Ascend when I was looking into the Dorky Face, but I didn't question it as I thought it was an unnamed attack. Speaking of which, how do you toggle an attack name's appearance when used? I can't seem to find this anywhere.

But yeah, that move is definitely cool, and is most definitely guide-worthy, well, my guide anyway; I'm trying to go to another level with it. i intend to (eventually) sit down with the AI script for every single enemy, to then translate it into plain, normal understandable English (to the non-technically minded). I would have picked that move up myself, but it's nice to know about it in advance!!

Also, I have defense against Funny Breath for 2 characters by that point in the game (Added Effect & Peace Ring), now I have a third defence for Confu, provided that the Elemental is Lv 2 by that point, which I really can't remember if it should be or not (without copious amounts of grinding)

FifulX

• View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: 2016-04-02 00:23:00 »
Is the second and third fight with Cid's Protege meant to be so easy? The love buster died in one hit and so did the dragon. One bolt 3 with 2300~ damage managed to kill the dragon and it just felt a bit cheap.
EDIT: After checking in PrC it has 255 health, I'm sure that's a mistake.
Also, I can't seem to get the encounters for Yuffie's and Cloud's level 4 limits. I am on Disc 3 and for some reason the Cid one was the only one I was able to get.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-02 00:27:06 by FifulX »

HeaN

• Do small steps...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: 2016-04-02 00:24:15 »
Spoiler Alert! Just wanted to say THANK YOU SegaChief for this USELESSS Enemy! Hate you!

SPOILER ALERT

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: 2016-04-02 00:29:41 »
Nullifying statuses from Hidden attacks could also be handy in Mt. Corel against the Cokatolis (petrify smog) and would let you keep your softs.

Edit: Ah yeah but you won't get an Elemental lv 2 at this point :(
« Last Edit: 2016-04-02 00:33:27 by aquecoucou »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: 2016-04-02 00:30:38 »
If you are using the 7TH heaven Iro how do you go about patching the game with hot fixes and the Flevels and to keep it up to date. Thanks for any help in advanced.

You can't, I'm afraid. I need to update the IRO on my end. There is a patch thing, but I dunno how it works.

I actually noticed Ascend when I was looking into the Dorky Face, but I didn't question it as I thought it was an unnamed attack. Speaking of which, how do you toggle an attack name's appearance when used? I can't seem to find this anywhere.

But yeah, that move is definitely cool, and is most definitely guide-worthy, well, my guide anyway; I'm trying to go to another level with it. i intend to (eventually) sit down with the AI script for every single enemy, to then translate it into plain, normal understandable English (to the non-technically minded). I would have picked that move up myself, but it's nice to know about it in advance!!

Also, I have defense against Funny Breath for 2 characters by that point in the game (Added Effect & Peace Ring), now I have a third defence for Confu, provided that the Elemental is Lv 2 by that point, which I really can't remember if it should be or not (without copious amounts of grinding)

Elemental won't reach Lv.2 naturally by that point, if I remember right. Although maybe with Platinum Bangles you can; it's been a long time since I played vanilla outside of a challenge run.

Is the second and third fight with Cid's Protege meant to be so easy? The love buster died in one hit and so did the dragon. One bolt 3 with 2300~ damage managed to kill the dragon and it just felt a bit cheap.

Sounds like someone left debug HP values in again :v
I'll patch both it and the IRO tonight.

Spoiler Alert! Just wanted to say THANK YOU SegaChief for this USELESSS Enemy! Hate you!

SPOILER ALERT

Someone on another stream got super paranoid when he approached the second web blocking the back of the cave and started talking about 'what if there's a giant red super spider in this web?! D:' so I made a red super stinger and then didn't put it on one of the webs.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #3105 on: 2016-04-02 00:35:55 »

SPOILER ALERT

that enemy's not useless. iirc it has a rare steal and a super rare steal.

dont remember exactly what the super rare steal was but it was something i really needed at the time

FifulX

• View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: 2016-04-02 00:40:28 »
Hm, is the "where is the thing" file in the documentation up to date, because I'm having problems getting some of the events like
Spoiler: show
Cloud's in Shinra Mansion and Yuffie's when talking to Godo

On another note, what is the deal with the Curator? Is that even beatable or is it just a joke boss?

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: 2016-04-02 00:40:56 »
Speaking of which, how do you toggle an attack name's appearance when used?
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16155.0

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: 2016-04-02 00:57:15 »
Hm, is the "where is the thing" file in the documentation up to date, because I'm having problems getting some of the events like
Spoiler: show
Cloud's in Shinra Mansion and Yuffie's when talking to Godo

On another note, what is the deal with the Curator? Is that even beatable or is it just a joke boss?

I'll double-check their flags.

And the deal with the curator is that you do not enter the Midgar Diorama outside of visiting hours.

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: 2016-04-02 02:43:47 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16155.0
Thanks!! The last hour of learning has been interesting!

I've stood down on listing every attack that uses Hidden, as it's too big of a shift in focus from the current projects I've got on the go, but I do plan on making an "Attack Data Chart" at some point; that'll be the time to look further into Hidden!

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: 2016-04-02 03:32:46 »
I once worked on something that generated enemy ability information. These have Hidden element:
Dorky Face's Curses
Hell Rider VR2's Electromag
Dorky Face's Funny Breath
Demons Gate's Petrif-Eye
Cokatolis's Petrify Smog
Attack Squad's + Marine's Smoke Bullet
Gagighandi's Stone Stare
Bagrisk's Stone Strike
Ultimate Weapon's Ultima Beam

In the JORG version:
Ultimate Weapon's アルテマビーム (Ultima Beam)
Flower Prong's エネルギー吸収 (Energy Siphon)
Garuda's おどり (Dance, both of them)
Bandit's かつあげ (Hold-up)
Griffin's くじゃく (Peacock)
Sea Worm's, Land Worm's サンドストーム (Sandstorm)
Joker's ジョーカー (Joker)
Bagrisk's ストーンストライク (Stone Strike)
Joker's スペード (Spade)
Attack Squad's スモーク弾 (Smoke Bullet)
Joker's ダイヤ (Diamond)
Twin Brains', Chekhov's にらみ (Stare Down)
Dorky Face's のろいの言葉 (Curses)
Bloatfloat's バキューム (Vacuum)
Godo's ビーストソード (Beast Sword)
Dorky Face's ファニーのいき (Funny Breath)
Unknown's ブラスター (Blaster)
Kyuvilduns's へばりつき (Lay Flat)
Grenade's, Bomb's ボム爆発 (Bomb Blast)
Yang's ヤン自爆 (Suicide Yang)
Dragon Rider's ライダーブレス (Rider Breath)
Carry Armor's ラピスレーザー (Lapis Laser)
Twin Brain's, Chekhov's 吸収 (Absorb)
Bandit's 強奪 (Mug)
CMD. Grand Horn's, Bagnadrana's 毒ブレス (Poison Breath)
Killbin's 物理攻撃 (x)
8 eye's 眼力 (Eyesight, all four of them)
Demons Gate's 石化アイ (Petrif-Eye)
Cokatolis's 石化スモッグ (Petrify Smog)
Gagighandi's 石化にらみ (Stone Stare)
Desert Sahagin's 砂鉄砲 (Sandgun)
Hell Rider VR2's 磁場転換 (Electromag)
Flower Prong's 花粉 (Pollen)
Serpent's 龍宮の舞 (Dragon Dance)
« Last Edit: 2016-04-02 18:59:32 by JBedford128 »

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: 2016-04-02 07:28:36 »
Now that I know there might be an event for running the game at rank 0, I already know what my next run will be seeing how great the fort condor battles reward is if you don't miss any out.
As someone doing the Rank 0 run, I would have to say the most difficult thing so far has been stopping the Train with the Mega-Materia from crashing into North Corel. Nothing like uttering the phrase "Hurry the f**k up!" while X-ATM Scorpion is "Processing...". After quite a few tries I finally managed it with 7 seconds left on the clock.

As a reference point, after saving North Corel from further destruction, I had Cid at Level 48, Vincent at Level 50 and Yuffie at Level 51 and that was after obtaining alot of EXP during the whole thing. With the EXP rates in 1.4 I'm not sure what level the enemies for this section of the game are designed around, I've fought a few random battles here and there (Mainly for gathering some Enemy Skills) but haven't done any real grinding so to speak.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: 2016-04-02 09:50:52 »
Just decided to check on something. With the final Fort Condor battle, if you let the enemy invade you'll fight a miniboss called CMD. Grand Horn. Now this boss isn't too tricky (Large amount of HP, Moderate Strength Physical and Earth attacks and a Poison Breath attack. Can still cause problems for Front Row characters), however is it intended that he gives you absolutely nothing for beating him? Nothing to Steal, 0 EXP, AP and Gil for defeating him aswell.

Is it possible you can look into this because I have known bosses to be cheap on the spoils of victory, but this is just... wow...

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: 2016-04-02 10:43:38 »
you're not ever supposed to let them reach the fort

you dont even get the prize for defending if you let them reach it

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: 2016-04-02 11:19:45 »
Gelnika save point have [Switch] Unequip party instead of Check SP. It stills let you check your SP tho.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: 2016-04-02 11:22:09 »
you're not ever supposed to let them reach the fort

you dont even get the prize for defending if you let them reach it
What I'm talking about is that in vanilla FF7 if you let them reach the fort on the last Fort Condor battle and fight CMD. Grand Horn you get the Imperial Guard armour as a drop. In this mod there is no such drop.

I also ran the last Fort Condor battle both with and without letting them reach the fort. Since Sega Chief has a sense of humour, regardless of whether they reached the fort or not. You get given a "potent item" (It's a Potion) along with the Mega-Materia. The only difference as of now is that letting them reach the fort takes significantly longer and you fight against a Damage Sponge who doesn't have the decency to drop anything.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: 2016-04-02 11:46:37 »
Tell you what, I'll give CMD. Grand Horn a good drop.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: 2016-04-02 12:19:44 »
Tell you what, I'll give CMD. Grand Horn a good drop.

also. W-magic might be bugged.

As I cannot find it in my inventory. But at least it's friendly.

Also noticed that Aerith can now wield Cid's Flayer. Is this intended? Kind of cool either way, making Aerith able to dish out the lucky girl effect for free, and giving her a substantial luck boost.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: 2016-04-02 12:28:52 »
hey

is the dark cave side quest enable yet on the 1.4 version of this NT mod

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: 2016-04-02 12:41:48 »
also. W-magic might be bugged.
As I cannot find it in my inventory. But at least it's friendly.
Also noticed that Aerith can now wield Cid's Flayer. Is this intended? Kind of cool either way, making Aerith able to dish out the lucky girl effect for free, and giving her a substantial luck boost.

Flayer was intended, but W-Magic was supposed to be obtainable there. I'd just generated all the patches too :l

hey

is the dark cave side quest enable yet on the 1.4 version of this NT mod

Not yet, but it's what I'm working on at the moment.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3120 on: 2016-04-02 13:20:15 »
Does this mean that I'm screwed regarding the w-magic, or can I somehow add it myself through Ochu?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: 2016-04-02 14:17:10 »
It's actually there in that room; there's two pick-ups, the one in the centre (gives a gospel spark, incorrect text of 'W-Magic') and to the north-eastish under the foliage is another materia that's W-Magic.

https://youtu.be/KZCes-NPVTs

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: 2016-04-02 17:14:18 »
Were some changes made to the Keelhaul Armour fight?

I Noticed that instead of both arms being invulnerable, the main body and 1 arm is invulnerable. Also i'm a bit iffy on what his resistances/weaknesses are, all I know is both arms and the body have >30000 HP and he's maybe weak to Lightning/Water, Immune to earth (Arms only? Needs confirmation).

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: 2016-04-02 18:14:33 »
I've just spotted your post Jbed - nice 1! You've helped me again!!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: 2016-04-02 18:45:04 »
Were some changes made to the Keelhaul Armour fight?

I Noticed that instead of both arms being invulnerable, the main body and 1 arm is invulnerable. Also i'm a bit iffy on what his resistances/weaknesses are, all I know is both arms and the body have >30000 HP and he's maybe weak to Lightning/Water, Immune to earth (Arms only? Needs confirmation).

You need to destroy each arm in turn, then the torso will become vulnerable. Just be wary, his attacks will change as each arm is lost and when his torso reaches a certain HP threshold (4 phases in total). The arms are immune to earth, but the torso isn't.