Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4971694 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3275 on: 2016-04-12 09:31:02 »
So with this new IRO that's being included in the main installer, should I report any bugs/glitches I find in it?

Yep; just keep in mind any other mods you have enabled with it though and mention them.

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: 2016-04-12 12:31:51 »
I still haven't been able to encounter Sigfried (I think that was his name, the one that replaces the yuffie fight in forests). I remember someone mentioning the encounter rate is higher the later you get into the game but I am at the midgar raid and still haven't been able to get him to spawn.

Miacis

• View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: 2016-04-12 13:06:28 »
Unless the GS Date/pre-date was altered in this latest patch, these should still apply:
Choosing Cid in the menu: an unfinished textbox
Tifa date: two textboxes appearing at the same time.
And the Barret date ends with a softlock after the mandatory look-out scene on the ferris wheel. They just stay there doing nothing while colored lights flash.

Is Alpha Zolom designed to be beaten around the obtention of the Tiny Bronco? I'm not sure if I should feel omnipotent or merely adequate with my fancy holy-elemental spell. Or maybe overleveled.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: 2016-04-12 14:00:24 »
he boots you out of the fight if you're not a high enough level.

if you can actually fight him, you are good

Miksu

• View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: 2016-04-12 14:45:52 »
I found a bug at Gongaga Reactor, if you do not fight the optional boss (Lich GT) there while the first visit and then come back while you are controlling Tifa (After obtaining The Highwind). When you go there Tifa just says "Ruined reactor?" and camera goes slightly up and then back to Tifa and then it soft locks itself.

Might be because I'm not controlling Cloud and events do not trigger right or something like that.

Edit: Also happens with Cid. I tried without and with my mods, no difference. (7H)
« Last Edit: 2016-04-12 15:28:44 by Miksu »

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: 2016-04-12 15:36:50 »
I set it so that the items they find are always the same regardless of the path they took:
Cait Sith: Lucky Pill (gives one character 'Lucky Girl' status AKA auto-crits)
Vincent: Curse Ring
Aeris: Circlet
I sent Aeris Right while Cloud, Cait Sith and Vincent all went Left/Down. Looks like Aeris is holding out on me.

The Extra Battle Gold Match seems to be back to the old placeholder of the ships, did something happen to the new addition? Funny enough when I went in Barret landed on 7777 HP just as Regen and Dual cancelled eachother out, what are the odds?

Shadow Flare when cast by enemies appears to be Non-Elemental instead of Hidden-Elemental, tried a couple of means of Hidden protection and it still hits me.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: 2016-04-12 17:30:11 »
I still haven't been able to encounter Sigfried (I think that was his name, the one that replaces the yuffie fight in forests). I remember someone mentioning the encounter rate is higher the later you get into the game but I am at the midgar raid and still haven't been able to get him to spawn.

The encounter rate for it can be finicky; world map encounter rates work slightly different to how field ones do, as far as I know. The forests that have the encounter are Junon area, Gongaga area, and Rocket area; might be all forests, but those are three I know for certain.

Unless the GS Date/pre-date was altered in this latest patch, these should still apply:
Choosing Cid in the menu: an unfinished textbox
Tifa date: two textboxes appearing at the same time.
And the Barret date ends with a softlock after the mandatory look-out scene on the ferris wheel. They just stay there doing nothing while colored lights flash.

Is Alpha Zolom designed to be beaten around the obtention of the Tiny Bronco? I'm not sure if I should feel omnipotent or merely adequate with my fancy holy-elemental spell. Or maybe overleveled.

It's the chosen name; it's too long for the box because I didn't leave enough space for custom character names. I found a function in the field editor though that lets me set default character names so I'm currently resizing them all. The soft-lock is a bit of a concern though; I'll need to re-do that field screen or load in an older one.

I found a bug at Gongaga Reactor, if you do not fight the optional boss (Lich GT) there while the first visit and then come back while you are controlling Tifa (After obtaining The Highwind). When you go there Tifa just says "Ruined reactor?" and camera goes slightly up and then back to Tifa and then it soft locks itself.

Might be because I'm not controlling Cloud and events do not trigger right or something like that.

Edit: Also happens with Cid. I tried without and with my mods, no difference. (7H)

I thought that scene was locked out in vanilla post-disc 1; I'll adjust the flag for it.

I sent Aeris Right while Cloud, Cait Sith and Vincent all went Left/Down. Looks like Aeris is holding out on me.

The Extra Battle Gold Match seems to be back to the old placeholder of the ships, did something happen to the new addition? Funny enough when I went in Barret landed on 7777 HP just as Regen and Dual cancelled eachother out, what are the odds?

Shadow Flare when cast by enemies appears to be Non-Elemental instead of Hidden-Elemental, tried a couple of means of Hidden protection and it still hits me.

Might be a script priority thing; I'll have a look at it. The Shadow Flare thing is a bit odd; maybe it's using the scene flags instead of the kernel or it might be due to ignore defence. I'll test it out.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: 2016-04-12 18:26:45 »
I recently defeated X-ATM Scorpion at the Corel Reactor (Nice Princess Bride reference btw), I got Catastrophe but I didn't get the X-ATM core from it. I got a Warrior Bangle and then I went and talked to the guy in Corel and he says he fixed it up, sure enough I had to fight it AGAIN and after I beat it got another Warrior Bangle. So I thought maybe now i'd get it but it seems that talking to him just makes it attack you again for a repeating boss fight and a farming source for Warrior Bangles.

Where is my X-ATM Core?

----------

What happened to the Extra Battle Gold Match? I was eager to try out a strategy with one of Barret's Weapons but it's back to the old placeholder of the ghost ships.

----------

With Carmine Weapon, is there any way to counter it's Kcatta Emit storm as I've taken my time playing the game and amassed 70 Hours and as such it hits 7000 on each character with no obvious way to defend against it without restarting the game and playing faster. Is there a way to stop him from using this?

I have no idea if this would be possible but could it be programmed so that casting Slow on your party halves the damage, casting Stop on your party makes it hit 0 and casting Haste on your party would double the damage it deals? That way for people who like to take their time it isn't just an instant kill.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: 2016-04-12 22:12:14 »
Okay, so I actually came across 2 bugs relatively close to each other. 1st right after the Plasmabuster fight, when the scene supposedly plays out with him exploding on the bridge, the FMV immediately cuts to the 1st reactor video explosion right when AVALANCHE is escaping. The field models and everything remain intact, but the entire background is replaced with that 1st reactor explosion sequence. I thought that was pretty interesting lol.

2nd, After Cloud plummets to the sector 5 slums and lands in the church, I wake up...and to my surprise, find this lovely friend greeting me when I wake up.  :-D

Now I double checked by playing through the same area of the game twice to see if I could duplicate the same bugs again, and sure enough, they are still in there. This is the updated IRO from April 11th so I'm not sure if these bugs are even present in the main installer, but I just thought I'd let you know.

These are the current mods I have loaded in 7th Heaven as well, just for reference.

Sorry for the uber long post Sega Chief!

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: 2016-04-12 22:14:23 »
2nd, After Cloud plummets to the sector 5 slums and lands in the church, I wake up...and to my surprise, find this lovely friend greeting me when I wake up.  :-D

That. Is. Fantastic.

NeoDraconis

• View Profile
« Reply #3285 on: 2016-04-12 22:25:23 »
I think its Reunion thats doing it. Plus the load order seems very screwed up. Also I think the minigame stuff should be excluded considering New Threat modifies that stuff as well from my knowledge. Still that is amusing, if only you could get that as a party member or maybe as a summon. XD
« Last Edit: 2016-04-12 22:37:00 by NeoDraconis »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: 2016-04-12 22:52:16 »
I guess the other option I could try doing would be is to deactivate all mods and just try running NT 1.4 on it's own and see if the bugs remain present. It may be Reunion though, not sure, since I know Reunion alters the materia equip effects I believe.

Tavarcio

• View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: 2016-04-12 23:15:58 »
So I gave the guy the mythril and all he gave me was a dragon claw or something, Sega, did you change the location of great gospel just to be a dick?  :-[ lol jk, or is it supposed to be found somewhere else? Maybe down the line on disk 2 or something, but then again, why would you? By that time aerith is supposed to be living on that big farm where she has a lot of space to roam around and she's very happy don't worry about her.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: 2016-04-12 23:29:38 »
I recently defeated X-ATM Scorpion at the Corel Reactor (Nice Princess Bride reference btw), I got Catastrophe but I didn't get the X-ATM core from it. I got a Warrior Bangle and then I went and talked to the guy in Corel and he says he fixed it up, sure enough I had to fight it AGAIN and after I beat it got another Warrior Bangle. So I thought maybe now i'd get it but it seems that talking to him just makes it attack you again for a repeating boss fight and a farming source for Warrior Bangles.

Where is my X-ATM Core?

----------

What happened to the Extra Battle Gold Match? I was eager to try out a strategy with one of Barret's Weapons but it's back to the old placeholder of the ghost ships.

----------

With Carmine Weapon, is there any way to counter it's Kcatta Emit storm as I've taken my time playing the game and amassed 70 Hours and as such it hits 7000 on each character with no obvious way to defend against it without restarting the game and playing faster. Is there a way to stop him from using this?

I have no idea if this would be possible but could it be programmed so that casting Slow on your party halves the damage, casting Stop on your party makes it hit 0 and casting Haste on your party would double the damage it deals? That way for people who like to take their time it isn't just an instant kill.

The X-ATM Core comes from Dark Cave.

I messed up on this flevel; it has a few problems in it, like that placeholder fight still being there for Gold Match.

I'll deal with Time Attack Storm by giving it an element or something; or maybe a low accuracy. At the moment it's a physical attack so it can be dodged using the Luck stat. I like that slow/haste idea though.

Okay, so I actually came across 2 bugs relatively close to each other. 1st right after the Plasmabuster fight, when the scene supposedly plays out with him exploding on the bridge, the FMV immediately cuts to the 1st reactor video explosion right when AVALANCHE is escaping. The field models and everything remain intact, but the entire background is replaced with that 1st reactor explosion sequence. I thought that was pretty interesting lol.

Sorry for the uber long post Sega Chief!

This mod is going to be the death of me. Both those bugs are NT specific.

So the first bug is probably because a line of code pre-loads the FMV which somehow carries over into the next screen. That means I'll need to get rid of it, which is easy enough to do.

As for the second one, that's out of my control. I can't tell that pesky machine what to do anymore (I'll make it invisible).

So I gave the guy the mythril and all he gave me was a dragon claw or something, Sega, did you change the location of great gospel just to be a d*ck?  :-[ lol jk, or is it supposed to be found somewhere else? Maybe down the line on disk 2 or something, but then again, why would you? By that time aerith is supposed to be living on that big farm where she has a lot of space to roam around and she's very happy don't worry about her.

I probably moved it for some reason or other. It'll turn up eventually.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-12 23:32:13 by Sega Chief »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: 2016-04-13 01:33:32 »

I messed up on this flevel; it has a few problems in it, like that placeholder fight still being there for Gold Match.

I'll deal with Time Attack Storm by giving it an element or something; or maybe a low accuracy. At the moment it's a physical attack so it can be dodged using the Luck stat. I like that slow/haste idea though.

This mod is going to be the death of me. Both those bugs are NT specific.

So the first bug is probably because a line of code pre-loads the FMV which somehow carries over into the next screen. That means I'll need to get rid of it, which is easy enough to do.

As for the second one, that's out of my control. I can't tell that pesky machine what to do anymore (I'll make it invisible).

I probably moved it for some reason or other. It'll turn up eventually.

So it's NT specific, alright cool. Cause yeah, no other graphic mods are conflicting with it. I love 7th Heaven like you can't believe and being able to have NT coincide with it is like the best thing ever.

Humanoid Typhoon

• View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: 2016-04-13 05:24:36 »
Hi there I just started playing the New Threat mod and found a couple of bugs.

Spoiler: show
 Um Aeris, how did that get through the doorway?  :-o

Also just before this, after beating the techno soldier and returning from battle to the field view it played the fmv of the first reactor blowing up. Cloud, Tifa and Barret's field models were still working normally during this scene. (Cloud getting caught in techno soldier explosion and hanging from walkway.). It returned to normal after the first reactor fmv ended.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: 2016-04-13 05:32:41 »
Hi there I just started playing the New Threat mod and found a couple of bugs.

Um Aeris, how did that get through the doorway?  :-o

Also just before this, after beating the techno soldier and returning from battle to the field view it played the fmv of the first reactor blowing up. Cloud, Tifa and Barret's field models were still working normally during this scene. (Cloud getting caught in techno soldier explosion and hanging from walkway.). It returned to normal after the first reactor fmv ended.

Yeah, this is what iDerek was reporting. I've just got the patch together though for non-7H installs:
https://mega.nz/#!uxkXhSRD!fotp-wS7lGAmDwkBAje6GDziakJAGLyB7B7tcJdOvas

I'm going to try making a new kind of patch for the IRO tomorrow, so that it doesn't require the full main installer DL.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: 2016-04-13 05:43:08 »
You da man SC!  8-)

Humanoid Typhoon

• View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: 2016-04-13 06:49:25 »
Yeah, this is what iDerek was reporting. I've just got the patch together though for non-7H installs:
https://mega.nz/#!uxkXhSRD!fotp-wS7lGAmDwkBAje6GDziakJAGLyB7B7tcJdOvas

I'm going to try making a new kind of patch for the IRO tomorrow, so that it doesn't require the full main installer DL.

Oops sorry, I just skipped to the last page to quickly jot it down for you so I could get back to playing it.  :-D Awesome work on the quick update though. Thanks a bunch!

While I have your attention though, i'd like to say great job on this mod! I've spent 6 hours and i'm not even up to the sewers yet because i've been morphing things.  8) I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the New Game + and Hard mode update after I finish this play-through.

EDIT: Just found another bug after installing the hotfix. Not sure if it's known or not but I searched the thread and nothing came up.

Anyway, I just reached the pillar and watched the part where wedge fell from the top. When it came back to field view he disappeared from the ground and reappeared running from the bottom of the screen to the left the same as he does when you get back from the first reactor.

Not sure if it matters but i'm running the Steam version of FF7 without any other mods.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-13 08:35:12 by Humanoid Typhoon »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: 2016-04-13 16:16:51 »
I should have kept Dark Cave devs on the separate flevel like I'd been doing before; seems like it's interrupted the event handling on that screen. I'll take a look at it; was the scene soft-locked or could you progress?

Edit: Found the cause and fixed the script. If it doesn't soft-lock though then I might leave off a patch until later.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-13 16:22:30 by Sega Chief »

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: 2016-04-13 20:25:19 »

Then it seems some of the information from the "where is the thing" readme file isn't matching up, it says X-ATM Core is from finally defeating X-ATM Scorpion (Pretty sure I did as I got Catastrophe from it) and that Pulse Ammo is from defeating Tseng in Rocket Town (I received a Weapon for Vincent but not the Pulse Ammo).

If you choose to proceed with the slow/haste idea (If that's at all possible), could you review other playtime based attacks? I think Speedstroke from Kaktuar functions the same as Time Attack Storm.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: 2016-04-14 06:15:19 »
Then it seems some of the information from the "where is the thing" readme file isn't matching up, it says X-ATM Core is from finally defeating X-ATM Scorpion (Pretty sure I did as I got Catastrophe from it) and that Pulse Ammo is from defeating Tseng in Rocket Town (I received a Weapon for Vincent but not the Pulse Ammo).

If you choose to proceed with the slow/haste idea (If that's at all possible), could you review other playtime based attacks? I think Speedstroke from Kaktuar functions the same as Time Attack Storm.

That's missing? Damn, I must have forgot to place it. That means I'll need to move it elsewhere. As for the Core, I think that was supposed to be moved to the X-ATM fight for Barret's thingie but it's still sitting in the Dark Cave sideline. I can sort something out, though; had an idea.

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: 2016-04-14 10:43:55 »
More feedback about crater :
-Protoroth is the easiest of all 3 bosses and by far. Maybe I missunderstood the other two (I'll explain in the spoiler)
-Allemagne (Hatchery screen, not sure for other scenes) level 4 death kills level 99 characters (level synch ?)
-Captain NPC dialog still bugged (Can't remember if you fixed it), only 2 out of 3 options are available. Not a big deal tho.
-W-item is correctly found as the materia (upper of the screen), but middle item is still labeled as W-magic

Ribbon accessory has a "weird" behavior. I can't remember if it was the case in Vanilla, but Ribbon is supposed to prevent "Sadness" status. You still can have it by using tranquilizers (I guess it works with Hyper/Fury status). And even if your character dies, it will ressurect with the "Sadness" status still on.

Due to the very low defensives stats of each Protoroth (especially Sephiorth one), it can be done very quickly while the boss have a very low damage input. Sephiroth part took me 3 turns with Cid (9999 * 2 *3) + two set of counter attacks (using 6 materias).
The cloud part even though absorbing Fire/Ice/Lightning/Earth can be hit 9999 with the contain materia (wind element) and ~7k with Alpha, being just a matter of turns under haste + wall.

Abyss fight was really boring, needed 3 ribbons , wall status, and tons of healing to keep up with the high damage + having a character who keep silencing.
Tyrant fight (I might have missunderstood) but I couldn't kill him before his frenzy status, so I needed all my party under "Shield" status.

So yup, Protoroth was really easy.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-14 10:46:27 by aquecoucou »

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: 2016-04-14 11:15:57 »
Well I've been watching and reading this topic for a long long time, long before 1.4 came out, and now that I've played through most of the mod its time to share my thoughts and bug reports on it. But before I do that I really want to congratulate you and your team Sega Chief for creating this incredible mod. This mod truly is a piece of a work and you should all take a lot of pride in how this thing is turning out. Wonderful work!

Few comments, questions, and bug reports in the random order that it comes to me.

- I agree with the earlier sentiment that the Hojo fight needs a little rework. I think it should be a really big fight so the health numbers are fine in my opinion, but he needs a few new moves for sure. As it stands, Resist makes the fight rather simple.

- I also want to share my thoughts on Keelhaul. I thought the idea of the fight was ok in theory and it certainly makes sense for Curator, but to only damage one piece at a time was somewhat time consuming. The fight took me over 25 minutes, not that I did myself any favours mind you. Made a few mistakes (like having Counter-Manipulate on for some dumb reason)but I did go after the elemental weaknesses and it still took quite a bit of time. Not sure if this is where you want it, but hey, my thoughts here, I think this fight could use a bit of a switch up.

- A friend told me about Siegfried after I had long passed it the first time. I came back in Disc 3 with the Highwind to try and find him but so far he has not been found. Can he be found on Disc 3?

- Talking to the Sleeping man brought up the Debug Crab fight, not sure if that's been mentioned and/or fixed.

- Is there a specific reason why we can only obtain one Contain materia but multiple Planet materias? My guess is some sort of balance reason but I thought I'd ask anyways.

- Three materias that I noticed (Final Attack, Phoenix, and Bahamut ZERO) all come unmastered with 0 AP just like how Underwater works. They're still only 1-Star and therefore cannot be leveled so no worries about that. Not sure if that's a bug or unintended but there you go.

- This may sound like an odd question, but was the wind sound effect always so loud? I'm referring to the wind noise like when you are on Da-Chao or right before you fight Hojo. For whatever reason the wind sound effect was extremely loud in my run.

That's missing? Damn, I must have forgot to place it. That means I'll need to move it elsewhere. As for the Core, I think that was supposed to be moved to the X-ATM fight for Barret's thingie but it's still sitting in the Dark Cave sideline. I can sort something out, though; had an idea.

Piggybacking off of this question and answer, I can also confirm Tseng did not drop Pulse Ammo and that Love Buster did not drop the Micro Engine either. Now, I have defeated The Curator(Good googly moogly what a battle...) and he dropped the Micro Engine, however this was on a separate file I made so I could move on and come back later. Was the Micro Engine moved somewhere else other then Curator? Did I need to continue on with that file where I defeated him to keep the Engine? Was Love Buster not dropping it a bug?

Also in regards to the X-ATM Core, if you go back and talk to buddy who informs you of the side quest in the first place, he'll mention that the town has a new worker or helper or whatever and you'll hear the Scorpion closing in just like the fight previous. Wait a little longer and you'll get into a fight with it yet again. Is this intended? You can do this over and over again it seems.

Sorry about that length of this first post of mine, and I'm sure I'll have other comments and questions as I remember them, but until then fantastic job here!

« Last Edit: 2016-04-14 11:19:42 by MoCheese »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: 2016-04-14 12:18:36 »

Piggybacking off of this question and answer, I can also confirm Tseng did not drop Pulse Ammo and that Love Buster did not drop the Micro Engine either. Now, I have defeated The Curator(Good googly moogly what a battle...) and he dropped the Micro Engine, however this was on a separate file I made so I could move on and come back later. Was the Micro Engine moved somewhere else other then Curator? Did I need to continue on with that file where I defeated him to keep the Engine? Was Love Buster not dropping it a bug?

Ah yeah, this guy is totally right. Since I continued my save where i beat the Curator, I indeed have the Micro Engine listed in "Key items". I totally forgot about it. If you plan on moving the Micro-Engine, why not making the Curator accessible from disc 3 (maybe in the same way Condor TP NPC works) ? Although the Curator fight being the hardest in the mod, it might be a bad idea in terms of balance.

Edit: Got 2 small problems :
-Can't start the accessory vendor quest in Junon (maybe you deleted it ? I saw it in the documentation file, talked to all npc, no quest)
-Going  in Junon league will result as placing characters in your party in alphabetical order. Meaning if you go with Cid, he will be placed first, Cloud being switched to the middle. Using PHS Cloud can't be moved back to top position. I guess going to highwind and switching leader would fix this but it's quite an annoyance if we have to back in highwind each time.

Edit 2 : Dorky faces can't be morphed by melee characters ? They can attack/counter attack/steal/mug but they can't morph. "Can't be reached"
« Last Edit: 2016-04-14 15:38:27 by aquecoucou »