Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4972169 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3425 on: 2016-04-24 06:23:24 »
This feels like heresy even tho it makes complete sense to use a phoenix down but still, the mod has been so much damn fun that I'll continue just to see how you guys wrote her into it haha

Flying sickness figures into it.

The Corel Train is absolutely ridiculous now...I finished off the last boss with 8 seconds left, and when my party popped out on the screen with the train, it literally read zero.  That's kinda BS SC.

Also, is the final Fort Condor battle even winnable?  And does it matter even if I don't?  I beat CMD Grand Horn, got the expected reward, and it doesn't look like there were any penalties, but did I maybe miss something?

More dramatic when the clock is almost down, don't you think?

The final fort condor battle as in the actual minigame? Those minigames are all default ones; it's actually quite difficult/expensive to beat the later stages of the minigame 'properly' if you set up defences, guard lanes, etc.

Most just use an exploit where you place one soldier down, start the battle, then place a soldier further down the map (the territory marker gets pushed down for each new soldier placed until you reach the enemy line) then spawn about 2-3 soldiers for both lanes and just quickly rush the two solo enemies that spawned and the battle is over within a minute with no casualties.

Thing is as well, there's no difference between beating the fight normally or killing CMD Grand Horn if they reach the shed. However, I did program in a special reward if you manage to clear the Fort Condor minigame without letting them get beaten a single time (involves either doing every instance, or leaving them enough money to handle instances you miss; they start with several thousand gil as well to cover instances you can't get back for during the Weapon Raid on Junon).

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: 2016-04-24 12:35:50 »
The final fort condor battle as in the actual minigame? Those minigames are all default ones; it's actually quite difficult/expensive to beat the later stages of the minigame 'properly' if you set up defences, guard lanes, etc.

Most just use an exploit where you place one soldier down, start the battle, then place a soldier further down the map (the territory marker gets pushed down for each new soldier placed until you reach the enemy line) then spawn about 2-3 soldiers for both lanes and just quickly rush the two solo enemies that spawned and the battle is over within a minute with no casualties.

Thing is as well, there's no difference between beating the fight normally or killing CMD Grand Horn if they reach the shed. However, I did program in a special reward if you manage to clear the Fort Condor minigame without letting them get beaten a single time (involves either doing every instance, or leaving them enough money to handle instances you miss; they start with several thousand gil as well to cover instances you can't get back for during the Weapon Raid on Junon).

Yeah, I meant the minigame--I actually had no idea about that exploit.  In fact, I always thought you had to clear every enemy that was going to ever spawn during a round, up to the commander.  I'm glad I still get my stuff by beating Grand Horn--I did that with little problem.  I am kinda mad I went through the trouble of keeping those scrubs financed the entire game, but I missed out on the "special prize" just because of the last battle (they gave me a prize, but it was certainly not a special one).

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: 2016-04-24 17:10:58 »
When I talk to the Kalm traveler he won't let me hand in my Desert Rose or Earth Harp. He says I don't have them but I checked my inventory multiple times and I definitely do. Either way as such I can't access the King Bub or Yahcobo fight.

As for the Guidebook I handed that in under the old system and he recognised that as being handed in without issue.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: 2016-04-24 19:51:15 »
Yeah, I meant the minigame--I actually had no idea about that exploit.  In fact, I always thought you had to clear every enemy that was going to ever spawn during a round, up to the commander.  I'm glad I still get my stuff by beating Grand Horn--I did that with little problem.  I am kinda mad I went through the trouble of keeping those scrubs financed the entire game, but I missed out on the "special prize" just because of the last battle (they gave me a prize, but it was certainly not a special one).
I hate to break it to you but that WAS the special prize. After receiving feedback that CMD. Grand Horn should drop something for beating him Sega Chief decided to give him a "potent item".
« Last Edit: 2016-04-24 20:44:26 by Skirmish »

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: 2016-04-25 03:18:06 »
SC--not sure if you meant to leave this in, but all the monsters around Mideel proper in the jungles give SP regardless of level.

Also an interesting note, Instant KO kills (like Odin) do not count towards a characters kill count to earn new limit breaks.  I think you were right when you said you thought counts were linked to the normal death animation.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: 2016-04-25 03:20:30 »
Odin must do something unique that overrides it; I wonder if Remove does the same? It also uses a special animation that removes the enemy from the fight.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: 2016-04-25 13:38:13 »
Odin must do something unique that overrides it; I wonder if Remove does the same? It also uses a special animation that removes the enemy from the fight.

I just confirmed that, at least for voiding SP gains, Remove acts the same as Odin.  Although I agree with what you said earlier, that I think at least voiding SP gains is a decent balance with these, because they are incredibly powerful abilities.  From what I can tell, only the strongest enemies and bosses are immune, and it seems to hit with a 100% rate for everything else.

As a power gamer, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but maybe instituting something like in Dragon Quest where instant death skills like that yield zero rewards has some merit?  Just something I thought of while farming some AP.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: 2016-04-25 16:43:53 »
Flash doesn't appear to remove SP gains (It says SP gained when I kill certain stuff with it but that may be because all my characters are still Rank 0). Enemies killed by Flash still award Gil and Items upon death and they also count towards the killcount for learning Limit Breaks.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: 2016-04-25 16:47:30 »
I just confirmed that, at least for voiding SP gains, Remove acts the same as Odin.  Although I agree with what you said earlier, that I think at least voiding SP gains is a decent balance with these, because they are incredibly powerful abilities.  From what I can tell, only the strongest enemies and bosses are immune, and it seems to hit with a 100% rate for everything else.

As a power gamer, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but maybe instituting something like in Dragon Quest where instant death skills like that yield zero rewards has some merit?  Just something I thought of while farming some AP.
I think Odin has a 15/16 chance to Inflict Death on enemies and Remove is 100% for anything not immune, however Remove will not award you Gil or Items. You still seem to get EXP and AP for killing stuff with Remove.

One thing that stands out is the Flash command on Weapons with 255% Accuracy like God's Hand, Sniper CR, Restore Rod, Princess Guard etc. Flash will cut your accuracy in half but you'll still almost always hit enemies with Flash unless they have decent Dexterity/Luck and your Dexterity really sucks.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: 2016-04-25 17:10:26 »
Dunno if there's much I can do about Flash but I could take a look.

Both hotfixes updated.

Jessen

• View Profile
« Reply #3435 on: 2016-04-25 17:32:24 »
Does Cloud have a hidden "Character Innate" bonus ? from what i can tell he's the only one who lacks it.

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: 2016-04-25 18:21:59 »
Does Cloud have a hidden "Character Innate" bonus ? from what i can tell he's the only one who lacks it.

He has one according to Sega, but i havent found it yet.
If you do find it, PM cause i really wanna know xDxD!

NxK

• In AI I Trust
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #3437 on: 2016-04-25 19:47:02 »
So, I also had the Kalm Traveller not recognizing the items in my inventory.
I realized by using Makou Reactor that the issue was that in the variable check, 5 0 was being used instead of 5 5.
Also, for the Guide Book, there was an == check (there should be an >= one), which led me to nothing happening at all, as I had 2 Guide Books.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: 2016-04-25 20:40:10 »
So, I also had the Kalm Traveller not recognizing the items in my inventory.
I realized by using Makou Reactor that the issue was that in the variable check, 5 0 was being used instead of 5 5.
Also, for the Guide Book, there was an == check (there should be an >= one), which led me to nothing happening at all, as I had 2 Guide Books.

The latest patches, 25th April, should fix the wrong variable issue except for the == check on the guidebook (and the other two items, but it shouldn't be possible to have multiple copies of them anyway outside of save editing and maybe Extended W-Item). If you need to get rid of a guidebook and it won't sell in a store, then it can be used in-battle as an item (I'll get the check corrected in the next set of patches).

Edit: Mind the scene patch as well; there was a problem with the Safer fight.

NxK

• In AI I Trust
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #3439 on: 2016-04-25 21:16:24 »
That's good. I used the 22nd April patch before. I will use the latest one then.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: 2016-04-25 21:38:16 »
The latest patches, 25th April, should fix the wrong variable issue except for the == check on the guidebook (and the other two items, but it shouldn't be possible to have multiple copies of them anyway outside of save editing and maybe Extended W-Item). If you need to get rid of a guidebook and it won't sell in a store, then it can be used in-battle as an item (I'll get the check corrected in the next set of patches).

Edit: Mind the scene patch as well; there was a problem with the Safer fight.
Downloaded the 25th April patches and still bugged with the Kalm Traveler. Instead of telling me I dn't have the Desert Rose or Earth Harp (I have both) nothing happens at all. He doesn't say anything regardless of which one I select. With Guidebook he still says we already traded but with Earth Harp and Desert Rose he just flat out ignores me.

Is it bugged because I already have the Dragon Force Enemy Skill or something (I handed in Guidebook under the old system). Seems the game really doesn't want me getting that last Enemy Skill.

Also can you still get Master Materia by taking the Mastered versions of regular Materia to the Huge Materia in Bugenhagen's observatory? I tried it with the 7 Command Materia but it doesn't want to work (Mime has 294000 AP and doesn't read as mastered even though both Stars are coloured.

Other than additional damage being dealt, is there a tell for if L3 Def-Less actually hit the target or not. On targets that aren't a multiple level of 3 it doesn't say "Miss" or anything and there's no obvious tell for if it hits (enemy doesn't flinch or anything like when hit with Sudden Death attacks). Also will the animation for L3 Def-Less be changed as the clock doesn't really fit now that it's been changed from Stasis Lock?
« Last Edit: 2016-04-25 21:42:46 by Skirmish »

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: 2016-04-26 03:00:31 »
Im at Junon. Just beat Illuyaskas......tough boss by the way, normal attacks wouldnt hit him at all!!!! Saved priscilla got Shiva. The Fort Condor NPC appeared and said there was a new battle to be fought. But he wont teleport me there.....

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: 2016-04-26 06:50:55 »
That's good. I used the 22nd April patch before. I will use the latest one then.

I heard you had to fix a bug on stream because I missed two of the checks for the patch; sorry about that, bud.

Downloaded the 25th April patches and still bugged with the Kalm Traveler. Instead of telling me I dn't have the Desert Rose or Earth Harp (I have both) nothing happens at all. He doesn't say anything regardless of which one I select. With Guidebook he still says we already traded but with Earth Harp and Desert Rose he just flat out ignores me.

Is it bugged because I already have the Dragon Force Enemy Skill or something (I handed in Guidebook under the old system). Seems the game really doesn't want me getting that last Enemy Skill.

Also can you still get Master Materia by taking the Mastered versions of regular Materia to the Huge Materia in Bugenhagen's observatory? I tried it with the 7 Command Materia but it doesn't want to work (Mime has 294000 AP and doesn't read as mastered even though both Stars are coloured.

Other than additional damage being dealt, is there a tell for if L3 Def-Less actually hit the target or not. On targets that aren't a multiple level of 3 it doesn't say "Miss" or anything and there's no obvious tell for if it hits (enemy doesn't flinch or anything like when hit with Sudden Death attacks). Also will the animation for L3 Def-Less be changed as the clock doesn't really fit now that it's been changed from Stasis Lock?

I checked it just there. The script is still using the wrong var to check for items in my flevel (5-0 instead of 5-5) which explains why he's not saying anything.

The script for making Master Materia was removed, but I've not come up with a replacement yet to make getting all the Huge Materia together worthwhile (Bahamut ZERO can be obtained from Bone Village if missed, so even that's not exclusive to it). I was thinking of doing something unusual with it, like turning them into Music/Movie/Boss theaters  (one lets you select the music in the game, one does movies, maybe one for older boss fights) but I'm not 100% on there being much point to that because you can just go into the game's files and play those anyway, while most bosses won't be much use against a Disc 2/3 party.

Actually, thinking about it there's a fair few possibilities to do something new with those Materia. Could have one give you the option to reset the game but retain your stats/equipment like an impromptu NewGame+, but this depends on how functional the debug command that does it actually is (it might not reset all the game's flags properly or something; I imagine Sephiroth > Vincent, Young Cloud > Cait Sith might pose issues too).

As for L3 Def, I'll use a different animation and maybe try to get it to display Miss if the effect doesn't apply.

Im at Junon. Just beat Illuyaskas......tough boss by the way, normal attacks wouldnt hit him at all!!!! Saved priscilla got Shiva. The Fort Condor NPC appeared and said there was a new battle to be fought. But he wont teleport me there.....

It's about time I got to the bottom of this Fort Condor NPC problem; he works fine in my save files, which makes it tricky to spot what's causing the problem for everyone else.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: 2016-04-26 13:24:22 »
Thanks. You've made a great mod, very challenging. Like I messaged you when i first started, you gave me more game overs in just the first reactor than ive ever had in all my other years playing it combined.

As for the idea of boss fights in the crystal....maybe you could make it like a gauntlet mode with souped up bosses....bosses from disk 1 with up to 20 times their normal stats. And maybe you get a prize for beating them all one after another....?

Jessen

• View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: 2016-04-26 13:25:36 »
He has one according to Sega, but i havent found it yet.
If you do find it, PM cause i really wanna know xDxD!

hmm. dunno what to think about a hidden passive like that xD having power is more fun if you know you have it imo :) havn't noticed anything special about him but im only just reaching junon so got plenty of time left to figure it out before i'm able to ditch cloud and use 3 passives i know :)  will post if i come across anything.

NxK

• In AI I Trust
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #3445 on: 2016-04-26 13:31:18 »
I heard you had to fix a bug on stream because I missed two of the checks for the patch; sorry about that, bud.

Don't worry, it was quite nice to figure out what was broken and fixing it myself.

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: 2016-04-26 14:25:56 »
hmm. dunno what to think about a hidden passive like that xD having power is more fun if you know you have it imo :) havn't noticed anything special about him but im only just reaching junon so got plenty of time left to figure it out before i'm able to ditch cloud and use 3 passives i know :)  will post if i come across anything.

Sorry to break it to you, but it appears Sega has hidden it quite late in the game. I have beaten alot of the endgame content and i have yet to find it. I agree that it makes Cloud (not really bad) but boring.

Jessen

• View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: 2016-04-26 14:33:33 »
Sorry to break it to you, but it appears Sega has hidden it quite late in the game. I have beaten alot of the endgame content and i have yet to find it. I agree that it makes Cloud (not really bad) but boring.

exactly, boring is the right word to describe it compared to the interresting passives we have to play with :)

IvoryValor

• View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: 2016-04-26 16:07:35 »

HOW
HOW DID YOU BEAT HIM
I can't do it. I've tried so many times, nothing I do is working, and the one time I DID beat him, he just Illuya Waved me and I died!

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: 2016-04-26 16:39:20 »
HOW
HOW DID YOU BEAT HIM
I can't do it. I've tried so many times, nothing I do is working, and the one time I DID beat him, he just Illuya Waved me and I died!
What seems to be the issues you are having? Is it down to dealing damage to it or surviving it's attacks.