Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4972222 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4525 on: 2016-12-11 18:27:13 »
I could send you one of mine? If you place it in the save folder while the launcher is open, then make a save on it in-game, it should persist.

Starmongoose

• View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: 2016-12-11 18:40:18 »
I wouldn't say no, that sounds great :D Do you think it's because I was running Arrange mode on a patch where there isn't one? Might have just been a weird random crash on my end though.

Either way, I'd be appreciative of it. I just found the Lunar Harp and entered the City of the Ancients if that's any help to you.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: 2016-12-11 23:28:35 »
Okay, let me check my files to see if there's anything close to there.

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/file/r6odbpxdnux5znn/save.zip

To use this, first uncompress this folder's contents and then start FF7's Launcher; place the folder's contents into the following location while the Launcher is still open:
C:\Users\[Your User Name]\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam\user_#####

Then click Play and load the save file. Save the game again, and this should make the save file 'permanent'. If you try to add the save file into the folder BEFORE running the FF7 Launcher then it will delete the save file instead, as it won't pass verification. Silly system, but there it is.

« Last Edit: 2016-12-11 23:38:47 by Sega Chief »

alderez

• View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: 2016-12-12 01:56:19 »
The messages that pop up when opening the chests in the Crashed Gelnika don't match with the rewards you get (ie the weapons - avoiding names in case people don't want to know what's down there and since there are only a few treasure chests:)

BTW I assume the new patch files will post to the main page of this thread?  I saw a couple references to new builds going up but haven't seen anything.

Starmongoose

• View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: 2016-12-12 06:45:01 »
@Sega: Amazing! Thank you so much. :) I got it working. Everything looks pretty much close to what I had before, so that's great. Just need to grind some Limits back to what I had :P

I have a Protect Ring now 0.0 It's really good. I must have missed that somewhere.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4530 on: 2016-12-12 08:12:14 »
The messages that pop up when opening the chests in the Crashed Gelnika don't match with the rewards you get (ie the weapons - avoiding names in case people don't want to know what's down there and since there are only a few treasure chests:)

BTW I assume the new patch files will post to the main page of this thread?  I saw a couple references to new builds going up but haven't seen anything.

Yeah, I'd hold off on the patches at the moment. An update was due a couple days ago but I had a few extra things to tweak.

RynxXK5

• View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: 2016-12-12 10:44:49 »
So I'm trying to start the Dark Cave Quest but am unable to find Dio at his Museum.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: 2016-12-12 15:25:39 »
So I'm trying to start the Dark Cave Quest but am unable to find Dio at his Museum.

Make sure that you've applied the latest flevel + scene hotfix patches and that you've been to the bottom of North Cave at least once.

Alex Zender

• View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: 2016-12-12 18:14:30 »
Hi all.

Is there a hard mode for in 1.4 ? ( as in 1.35)

Thanks =)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: 2016-12-12 18:15:07 »
Not yet, but soon.

RynxXK5

• View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: 2016-12-12 21:29:25 »
Make sure that you've applied the latest flevel + scene hotfix patches and that you've been to the bottom of North Cave at least once.
Copy haven't been down the northern cave yet, does this also need to happen in order to get Arieth's lvl 4 limit break? Additionally I downloaded the IRO version 8 days ago.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: 2016-12-13 00:56:01 »
A lot of the disc 3 stuff is unlocked by going to the bottom of the north crater.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: 2016-12-13 08:33:22 »
Something you and other people here may find exciting is that I am currently working on my new dll, which allows for memory changes externally using text files (like the hextlauncher uses), - and injection of dlls, but also the ability to set multiple mods by just changing one line in a file called options.ini.  For example, when this file has its main option set as "Mod=Reunion" - it will look for all major files (those that get modded by people) in folder root\mods\Reunion.

If set as "mod=NONE"  then the game would again use the default paths and files.

So you can have any number of mods and configurations set up and my dll will do the rest, automatically loaded with the game.  I've just done a test and it seems to work well.  Potentially this means the end to having to keep installing and uninstalling mods.

It would mean that you had to ship my file with your mod and just copy the needed files into the folder "mods\NTHREAT" or something, but I think this could be a very cool advancement in modding here at Qhimm.
« Last Edit: 2016-12-13 08:36:12 by DLPB »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: 2016-12-13 14:52:17 »
Hextlauncher was pretty good when I used it, so I'd be up for trying that out.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: 2016-12-13 17:50:43 »
Something you and other people here may find exciting is that I am currently working on my new dll, which allows for memory changes externally using text files (like the hextlauncher uses), - and injection of dlls, but also the ability to set multiple mods by just changing one line in a file called options.ini.  For example, when this file has its main option set as "Mod=Reunion" - it will look for all major files (those that get modded by people) in folder root\mods\Reunion.

If set as "mod=NONE"  then the game would again use the default paths and files.

So you can have any number of mods and configurations set up and my dll will do the rest, automatically loaded with the game.  I've just done a test and it seems to work well.  Potentially this means the end to having to keep installing and uninstalling mods.

It would mean that you had to ship my file with your mod and just copy the needed files into the folder "mods\NTHREAT" or something, but I think this could be a very cool advancement in modding here at Qhimm.

I don't understand where this is different from 7H? Does it by pass the files as Aali's driver does it or will the files be patched at run time as 7H does it?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: 2016-12-13 18:00:56 »
7H requires modified files in packs and so on?  This way means you can move between mods much more easily and have full control over any changes and tweaks at the same time from various folders.  The exe paths are modified at runtime - and without a launcher.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: 2016-12-13 19:34:11 »
The packs are only for performance. It can read folders by default, but this can (highly) increase the start up time of the game depending of how complex the mod is. I prefer the use of the folders to test files, because I do not overwrite anything and doesn't need to care about conflicting files so much and I can easily swap back if I don't like the result. If I like the result I pack and compress the files to an iro mod and speed up the loading time. On top, I'm able to let the user select what he wants to use with a preview image (but even a preview of music is possible) and I can inject files if a certain condition is full filed. The dynamic weapon mod I made for Cloud is a good example of how powerful 7H is. It's also possible to give Tifa the chosen weapon on both hands. There are tons of things possible, because of case sensitive files.

It simply would be great if we could merge all tools together to increase the functionality of 7th Heaven. This doesn't mean 7H is the ultimate tool we need to serve, but it would be easier for the user to use only one tool to mod FF7. Even the use of the gamesconverter seems to be a burden for many. It's also better to have one tool because of the rare man power we have here on Qhimm and I don't like to see work done twice and in the end one is the winner and one has done all his work for nothing. I'm confident that you will create great tool as you always do, but it couldn't hurt to take a look at 7H source code and see if you could improve it.

One last thing and which may makes your way more interesting for Steam user. 7H currently doesn't work with the re-release. And if you can bring the upscaled backgrounds to work with it (it is possible I did it with uMod but it needs a better way to get the hash codes) this may beat 7H entirely.

Whatever you do, 7H can be set to work with any moding tool (more or less it can change non FF7 related files). This was something I ask Iros for to be prepared for future mods.

Sorry Sega for this off topic discussion. But more isn't too say here from my side. It's Dan's decision, if it is good or even better (:-D) to do so, not my. I only want to point out a few things.

Schrödinger

• View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: 2016-12-16 17:40:19 »
I'm currently fighting "thousand gunner" and boy I'm having a hard time. I though maybe I was underleveled and needed to grind a little bit so I check a random gameplay from youtube too see their character's levels and I was really suprised when I noticed the game is "different" from mine like:

1. I can't use Red XIII limit (can't reach) but in the video they could
2. Materias affect different the stats of my characters
3. Overall I'm weaker than what I see in the videos

I took care that both the video and my game had the same version i.e. 1.4, so I don't understand what's going on. Maybe another mod is interfering? Maybe there is a minor update that changed this things? I dunno, maybe I'm just a noob, but if someone could tell me why this differences exist I'll be glad.

Thanks.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: 2016-12-16 19:55:31 »
I'm currently fighting "thousand gunner" and boy I'm having a hard time. I though maybe I was underleveled and needed to grind a little bit so I check a random gameplay from youtube too see their character's levels and I was really suprised when I noticed the game is "different" from mine like:

1. I can't use Red XIII limit (can't reach) but in the video they could
2. Materias affect different the stats of my characters
3. Overall I'm weaker than what I see in the videos

I took care that both the video and my game had the same version i.e. 1.4, so I don't understand what's going on. Maybe another mod is interfering? Maybe there is a minor update that changed this things? I dunno, maybe I'm just a noob, but if someone could tell me why this differences exist I'll be glad.

Thanks.

Sounds like the custom .exe is to blame. NT had an optional .EXE component that enabled long range enemy attacks and adjusted character Limits (albeit poorly). You'll need to get back to using a normal FF7.exe if possible. Are you using 7H or just running the game normally?

Schrödinger

• View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: 2016-12-16 21:42:27 »
I have the Steam version, and then I followed the 7H tutorial. I'm using several mods with 7H but yours is the only one afecting the gameplay I reckon. So, my "version" is the good one or it's the other one? I mean, I wanted to play it the way you (the creator) intended, so if I just need to git gud I I will.

PS: I'm using ff7_mo.exe because I installed the "the reunion" mod to improve the menu. could that be the problem?

PSS: An example: all materia gives me: Str -4, Mag -4, Dex -10, MP -5% ; in the video I saw https://youtu.be/QY6T-lFH9UY?t=3m58s it gices Dex -2
« Last Edit: 2016-12-16 21:49:58 by Schrödinger »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4545 on: 2016-12-17 00:59:30 »
That's the issue right there, the mo.exe has been set up to include those old NT exe changes whenever NT is one of the active mods.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4546 on: 2016-12-17 01:31:43 »
I might have overlooked the .exe in the GC for awhile now, so I'll see if I can fix it this weekend.

Schrodinger, can I send you an updated .exe for you to test?

Schrödinger

• View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: 2016-12-17 08:37:25 »
Sure you can EQ, just send me a pm with the details. So, I was playing a harder game that it was supposed to be, good to know! I started to feel stupid xD

One solution could be to use the regular .exe uncheck the menu overhaul in "the reunion" mod, I just did that and I could beat the boss no problem. But I don't want to lose any materia, item, etc. or be held back in any way because of my mistake, should I start a new game from the beginning with the proper exe?

Another possibility is that Alyza fix the mo_exe to be "compatible" with nt, right? Then I could play with the menu overhaul?

Thx for your replies!
« Last Edit: 2016-12-17 09:04:10 by Schrödinger »

loranger

• View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: 2016-12-17 10:35:50 »
Add a multiplayer part to your mod ^^

Starmongoose

• View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: 2016-12-17 20:12:09 »
The Mod is great Sega Chief :) Progress is going smoothly.

Though I think I've hit a brick wall with regards to trying to breed myself a gold chocobo. All I get are blue chocobos no matter what I do, I've tried walking in and out of the farm, feeding greens, battles, continuing the story. Blue chocobos are my life now.