Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 5005043 times)

alderez

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4750 on: 2017-01-16 22:40:39 »
Hey Sega - I just defeated Mimic and despite it saying I received the Planet materia...it isn't in my materia inventory.  Is that a bug?  I was excited when I saw that but now don't see anything to use.

alderez

• View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: 2017-01-16 22:58:28 »
I did some more searching in the threads and looks like that was previously reported (at the time you weren't sure if the message was the bug or the not receiving the materia was the bug).  Sega any feedback on intent?  I'm mostly curious if I need to hold off on my save game before the battle to make sure I don't miss the Planet materia entirely.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: 2017-01-16 23:58:38 »
I did some more searching in the threads and looks like that was previously reported (at the time you weren't sure if the message was the bug or the not receiving the materia was the bug).  Sega any feedback on intent?  I'm mostly curious if I need to hold off on my save game before the battle to make sure I don't miss the Planet materia entirely.

Omega Weapon currently drops Planet Materia; I was thinking of moving this over to Mimic but only did the text and forgot the actual Materia itself. I'll remove the text from Mimic for now.

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: 2017-01-17 08:09:37 »
Hi, I've just started playing the mod, and it's been really fun. I'm currently at the Shinra Building, 65th floor. When I try to fight the Carry Armor lookalike, the game loads the battle screen but not the characters/boss, and it starts playing the Junon march music. The ATB bars are partially filled, but are frozen, and I have to exit out and restart the game. I haven't had any problems up to this, is this a known issue?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: 2017-01-17 09:16:59 »
I think I tried to change Curator's model to use the correct one but must have forgotten to set it's new ID in the formation settings. I'll upload a scene hotfix patch to fix it.

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/file/794p117e3er3xxn/NT_Mod_HotFix_Scene_-_17th_January_2017.zip
« Last Edit: 2017-01-17 09:21:41 by Sega Chief »

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4755 on: 2017-01-17 09:25:38 »
I dunno if I should come to you for this since it's a problem with the Kaldarasha model, but it's the model that came packed with NT so I figured this would probably be the place for it. It's only a minor problem, but Barret is a missing a few features...
Spoiler: show
(put in a spoiler cause this is a cool scene and don't wanna ruin it for those rare few that haven't seen it, cool scene even with the bugs) http://imgur.com/puWBKHL (i also dunno how to use the img code apparently)
as you can see, his face is gone, and he is missing most of his gun. I've removed all the other mods I had, and the effect still persists. On good news however, the save point is fixed woo! also geebus i dunno if it's cause i might be under leveled (Barret and Cait Sith at 50 Yuffie at 55) but there is a pretty big difficulty spike in Junon at this point.

Edit: Though now thinking about it, this may have been a thing for a while and I never noticed, cause I was playing with other character models for most of the game up to this point until it was locked to these models. So this may be old news....I also never had Barret in my party unless I had to, cause Cloud, Yuffie, Aerith team too good.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-17 09:42:07 by strife98 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4756 on: 2017-01-17 10:20:47 »
@strife98

If you're experiencing model issues with the IRO in 7H, then you should post your question in the 7H forum. This sounds like a load order problem. Also, the models aren't locked anymore after the latest update. If you're playing it with 7H and using other mods as well, please post this again in the 7H forum.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: 2017-01-17 11:24:08 »
@strife98

If you're experiencing model issues with the IRO in 7H, then you should post your question in the 7H forum. This sounds like a load order problem. Also, the models aren't locked anymore after the latest update. If you're playing it with 7H and using other mods as well, please post this again in the 7H forum.

Even if the problem persists without any other mods added? Cause I disabled all other mods besides NT and the bug was still going off.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4758 on: 2017-01-17 11:27:06 »
Are you using the IRO in the OP or the NT option from the Catalog?

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: 2017-01-17 12:17:10 »
Are you using the IRO in the OP or the NT option from the Catalog?

Oh, wait, you're right my bad. I just tested out the IRO, and it worked fine. I'll go do that in the 7H forum. Sorry, wasn't aware that it was a problem with that.

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: 2017-01-17 22:26:25 »
Thanks for the prompt reply. I found another bug: the game locked during the Rude/Elena fight. I'm not sure what the cause was, but my last command was to cast the Enemy Skill Antipode for the second time. It worked fine the first time, but the second time, the animation didn't play. The music kept playing and the characters kept performing their idle animations, but no one got a turn, and the barrier gauges were frozen. I had to quit/restart.

EDIT: I tried the battle again without using Antipode, but the same lock happened. I had Elena down to ~2000hp, and my last input command was throwing a Deadly Wastes.

I've tried it a few more times, and it always locks, the only common factor seems to be Elena being at ~2000hp.

I changed the camera setting from Fixed to Auto and did the battle much faster with Demi/Laser, and it didn't lock. Very curious. I like leaving the camera on Fixed, but I'll make a note of it if it causes any more problems.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-17 23:08:34 by El Grillo »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: 2017-01-18 00:24:38 »
It sounds like the status ailment is the cause; Elena has an attack called Turk Remedy (or something like that) to remove negative statuses like Poison. I'll check and find out the specific cause of the problem.

Edit: It was actually Rude; his elemental spells were changed to use LocalVar IDs instead of the actual spell IDs themselves. One of the addressed though was being overwritten in his pre-battle with something else which was causing him to try and use an attack that didn't exist. I'll upload the patch, should only be 700kb or so. It's when he tries to use Ice (his 4th or 5th turn I think).

Edit2: if only flevel patches were this fast to do: http://www.mediafire.com/file/oby5z7b9682yv77/NT_Mod_HotFix_Scene_-_18th_January_2017.zip
« Last Edit: 2017-01-18 00:37:23 by Sega Chief »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: 2017-01-18 02:54:00 »
Remember when I said that making Aeris optional would prob be complicated and take time?

Well, I was wrong. Turns out it was super-simple; the bit I thought would cause a lot of trouble didn't.

So that's that bit done. Prob should have tried it earlier :l
It'll prob be in the next flevel patch.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: 2017-01-18 03:21:14 »
Remember when I said that making Aeris optional would prob be complicated and take time?

Well, I was wrong. Turns out it was super-simple; the bit I thought would cause a lot of trouble didn't.

So that's that bit done. Prob should have tried it earlier :l
It'll prob be in the next flevel patch.

Way to go SC! Even more options in NT! This is most excellent  8-)

arclitewut

• View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: 2017-01-18 12:20:52 »
hey, i just began to playing this mod after i reinstalled FF VII again and setup 7th Heaven and everything.

I have the problem that every time after Techno Soldier , when the Cutscene is playing where Cloud falls into the Church  the Game crashes (it crashes after the Cutscene is done) - is there a problem when i have some mods activated and play this mod at the same time ? Thanks for the help in advance i like this mod so far btw :)

Edit : disabled all mods besides NT and i still crash everytime after the Cutscene :(

Regards
« Last Edit: 2017-01-18 14:24:02 by arclitewut »

SaltyWalty

• View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: 2017-01-18 12:35:23 »
I see that you Trolled every player.... putting a sense in the tunnel where the something else should be. Crafty....

Side note i followed what you said to do with Tseng, both Cloud and Cid went down, while Aerith womened up and killed off Tsengs help, but after i revived my team, Tseng just stood there. Prolly just my side. but who knows.

Pearl Weapon was.... Fun. tricky, nothing Cid and Tifa couldn't handle while cloud kept the team at full.

Fought against Reno Rude and Elena last night. wolf that gonna be a tough fight haha.

Also side note, anyone feel bad when Diamond Weapon took that shot full on back in the day? i always felt like he had more then enough time to move but for whatever reason didnt...

Can you change weapon affects? Barret gets that Micro Laser right, I think it'd be awesome if you switched it out from shooting a bullet to a laser
« Last Edit: 2017-01-18 12:52:26 by SaltyWalty »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: 2017-01-18 20:33:25 »
hey, i just began to playing this mod after i reinstalled FF VII again and setup 7th Heaven and everything.

I have the problem that every time after Techno Soldier , when the Cutscene is playing where Cloud falls into the Church  the Game crashes (it crashes after the Cutscene is done) - is there a problem when i have some mods activated and play this mod at the same time ? Thanks for the help in advance i like this mod so far btw :)

Edit : disabled all mods besides NT and i still crash everytime after the Cutscene :(

Regards

Sounds like files from the char.lgp are missing; try using the IRO available from page 1 of this thread instead; you can import it into 7H using the 2nd tab (where you activate mods). Use that one instead of the catalog version and see if it works.

I see that you Trolled every player.... putting a sense in the tunnel where the something else should be. Crafty....

Side note i followed what you said to do with Tseng, both Cloud and Cid went down, while Aerith womened up and killed off Tsengs help, but after i revived my team, Tseng just stood there. Prolly just my side. but who knows.

Pearl Weapon was.... Fun. tricky, nothing Cid and Tifa couldn't handle while cloud kept the team at full.

Fought against Reno Rude and Elena last night. wolf that gonna be a tough fight haha.

Also side note, anyone feel bad when Diamond Weapon took that shot full on back in the day? i always felt like he had more then enough time to move but for whatever reason didnt...

Can you change weapon affects? Barret gets that Micro Laser right, I think it'd be awesome if you switched it out from shooting a bullet to a laser

Micro Laser does shoot a laser though, doesn't it? Or does it have an explosion sound-effect? I dunno if I can add an actual laser effect to it, that's a 'spell' while weapons just have a texture/sound for impact.

Tseng's AI needs redone; he's pretty buggy in general it seems.

SaltyWalty

• View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: 2017-01-18 20:54:39 »
No its a gunshot, I was wondering, maybe switching out that affect for maybe like the Roboguards laser. I mean if you cant dont worry about it, its just a lil eye candy thats all

arclitewut

• View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: 2017-01-18 21:13:45 »
Sounds like files from the char.lgp are missing; try using the IRO available from page 1 of this thread instead; you can import it into 7H using the 2nd tab (where you activate mods). Use that one instead of the catalog version and see if it works.

Micro Laser does shoot a laser though, doesn't it? Or does it have an explosion sound-effect? I dunno if I can add an actual laser effect to it, that's a 'spell' while weapons just have a texture/sound for impact.

Tseng's AI needs redone; he's pretty buggy in general it seems.

alright ill try that thanks for the answer ill let you know if it worked

Edit : everything is working fine now thanks for the help
« Last Edit: 2017-01-19 12:47:47 by arclitewut »

SaltyWalty

• View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: 2017-01-19 16:29:07 »
How much health does Reno, Elena and Rude have? I smacked Elena around for a good 15 min, then rude used Turk Cure, Bit a pain in the arse. Did steal the items off of Elena and Reno, Rude wouldnt give his up. I do not not wanna fight them, i want those items, but as long as the match goes i end up using 3 megaelixers 2 normal eliexers and around 45 phoenix downs.. and still some how end up losing...

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #4770 on: 2017-01-19 16:50:14 »
How much health does Reno, Elena and Rude have? I smacked Elena around for a good 15 min, then rude used Turk Cure, Bit a pain in the arse. Did steal the items off of Elena and Reno, Rude wouldnt give his up. I do not not wanna fight them, i want those items, but as long as the match goes i end up using 3 megaelixers 2 normal eliexers and around 45 phoenix downs.. and still some how end up losing...
I do believe that Elena has around 76,000 hp, I think Rude had the most at around 78000 and Reno was in the middle of the two somewhere.

SaltyWalty

• View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: 2017-01-20 13:58:33 »
Well flare, how'd you go about beating them? I've been stuck for 2 days? should i lvl up? most of my guys are sitting at 60

Imma have to step away from this mod for a few days. it seems no matter what i do, even slowing them down, has no affect. I need to cool off before i play this again.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-20 15:22:59 by SaltyWalty »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: 2017-01-20 19:17:29 »
Well flare, how'd you go about beating them? I've been stuck for 2 days? should i lvl up? most of my guys are sitting at 60

Imma have to step away from this mod for a few days. it seems no matter what i do, even slowing them down, has no affect. I need to cool off before i play this again.

Elena can be put to Sleep, while Reno is susceptible to Paralysis; both are extended under the effects of Slow. Rude can be hit with Confusion to keep him from hitting your party. You only need to kill one of the Turks for the entire formation to pack up and leave so picking a target to focus on would be key. Added Effect + Mystify/Seal should yield some good results with Counter Attack Materia (or Hades if you have this).

One thing to note is that Elena has a counter-attack script, while Reno will set his AI to favour whoever struck him with Magic. Rude may be the defensively toughest of the three but his Magic Defence is low and he has no counter-scripts going on except for Turk Cure which will only be used once on each Turk when they reach critical HP. You should also consider using Cloud's LV1 Limits for Cross Slash as it can be used to intermittently keep Reno pinned down.

Poison should be avoided as a status due to Reno's Turk Esuna but the element can be used. Elemental + Poison should make any physical attacks made more potent, maybe something for Barret or Cid to add some extra damage on while you whale on Rude.

SaltyWalty

• View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: 2017-01-21 20:13:54 »
After relaxing, with help. Can confirm that offing only one doesnt work. Need to off all three

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: 2017-01-21 20:21:33 »
After relaxing, with help. Can confirm that offing only one doesnt work. Need to off all three

Oh. I must've changed it or something :c