Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4972271 times)

SaltyWalty

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4775 on: 2017-01-21 20:26:19 »
Its all good. Sorry for my immature reaction, been a long week. Questions, How come i can not fight the Curator?  Why is Cid's Flayer anything but lucky? and i think the last question, whats the best way to go at the Valiant Clod?

Thraxis

• View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: 2017-01-21 21:32:33 »
Its all good. Sorry for my immature reaction, been a long week. Questions, How come i can not fight the Curator?  Why is Cid's Flayer anything but lucky? and i think the last question, whats the best way to go at the Valiant Clod?

Almost all of Valiant Clod's attacks are "Shoot" based. So protect vests work really really really well. For a boss at the time he has lower Defense, but high str so the Vit from protect vests help as well. Weaknesses are Bolt Water and Earth. I'm not sure how well prepared you are but bringing in a party with those magics on MP Turbo or MP absorb will help a lot. Keeping your party walled especially when he (She? it? They?) attack get into the animation for the type J ray. Valiant Clod cannot be slowed or really statused in any way so just focus on having someone keep your party buffed and healed while you Take down the Armor (which cannot be hit by earth) and then clod itself.

SaltyWalty

• View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: 2017-01-21 22:42:26 »
Thanks for the help. Tell you right now... Hojo looks scary as hell now

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: 2017-01-22 06:23:09 »

Don't worry about it; frustrating fights are something I need to address, and I'd clean forgotten that I'd set up the Turks battle to require 3 KOs. This'll help me streamline the Midgar Raid 'boss-rush' significantly when I set it back to normal.

Is Curator not appearing? That happened with someone else too, must be something that's sneaked its way in at some point. I'd better track it down.

Cid's Flayer (should) give +100 Luck when equipped; its other effect is to inflict the 'Auto-Crits' status effect which isn't great when used on enemies. If it was used on party members, however...

SaltyWalty

• View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: 2017-01-22 14:44:19 »
Don't worry about it; frustrating fights are something I need to address, and I'd clean forgotten that I'd set up the Turks battle to require 3 KOs. This'll help me streamline the Midgar Raid 'boss-rush' significantly when I set it back to normal.

Is Curator not appearing? That happened with someone else too, must be something that's sneaked its way in at some point. I'd better track it down.

Cid's Flayer (should) give +100 Luck when equipped; its other effect is to inflict the 'Auto-Crits' status effect which isn't great when used on enemies. If it was used on party members, however...

No its there, Just battle will not start, I run around it, click on it, and nothing happens

iamralph

• View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: 2017-01-22 17:48:43 »
Hey just posting to say how much I am loving this so far... there are a few balance issues I'm concerned with but overall I'm more than happy with it and I'm not far into the game enough to know if the balance issues persist or if they are just making the first part of the game easier (most notably is the healing effects).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: 2017-01-22 18:38:40 »
Hey just posting to say how much I am loving this so far... there are a few balance issues I'm concerned with but overall I'm more than happy with it and I'm not far into the game enough to know if the balance issues persist or if they are just making the first part of the game easier (most notably is the healing effects).

Just to make sure; did you start the mod from New Game or did you load a Reactor No.1 save file to skip the intro? Sometimes people do that and they end up with Disc 3 weapons because I repurposed Gatling Gun, Leather Glove, and Guard Stick.

iamralph

• View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: 2017-01-22 21:43:34 »
It was a new game, I'm more thinking there are a few overpowered combos of characters (specifically thus-far Aeries/Tifa combo giving Tifa restorative magic and Aeris offensive--this could work for a lot of combos with Aeris but Tifa has the auto-rez) compared to the rest-the free heal being the biggest factor.  The balance might work out over time I'm not sure how it is later in the game.

Either way this has been a great way to play the game again after so many years so thanks!

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: 2017-01-23 23:09:21 »
Been playing and have two questions, I tried searching but the info I found is dated. First is why doesn't Cloud have an innate ability and second is do I need to bother with the relation ship mechanic for the Gold Saucer date?
« Last Edit: 2017-01-23 23:35:58 by GameGeeks »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: 2017-01-24 00:33:22 »
It was a new game, I'm more thinking there are a few overpowered combos of characters (specifically thus-far Aeries/Tifa combo giving Tifa restorative magic and Aeris offensive--this could work for a lot of combos with Aeris but Tifa has the auto-rez) compared to the rest-the free heal being the biggest factor.  The balance might work out over time I'm not sure how it is later in the game.

Either way this has been a great way to play the game again after so many years so thanks!

Ok, just checking; glad you're enjoying it.

Been playing and have two questions, I tried searching but the info I found is dated. First is why doesn't Cloud have an innate ability and second is do I need to bother with the relation ship mechanic for the Gold Saucer date?

Cloud's innate kicks in after he's picked up again in Mideel (it'll be explained in-game what it does). The gold saucer date can be chosen if you don't want to use the points system.

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #4785 on: 2017-01-24 02:41:31 »
Thanks, save me a big hassle then.

theskycaptin

• View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: 2017-01-25 04:12:38 »
Hey there i just got the Shinra sub and thought i would go check out the new Emerald Weapon so i saved and initiated the fight and.... i one hit killed him with a 2000 damage deathblow from Tifa. I looked up the fight on youtube and he takes a lot more punishment then that in others games.

EDIT: I applied the most recent patches and he now whoops butt like he's ment to. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-25 04:42:23 by theskycaptin »

Meindratheal

• View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: 2017-01-25 16:01:46 »
Is there an easy way to get a gold chocobo that doesn't involve the usual breeding? I've just got out of Mideel and I was hoping to explore the materia caves, but don't really  fancy going through the breeding process.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: 2017-01-25 19:03:11 »
Is there an easy way to get a gold chocobo that doesn't involve the usual breeding? I've just got out of Mideel and I was hoping to explore the materia caves, but don't really  fancy going through the breeding process.

If you Morph a Ghost Ship into a Guidebook, the Kalm Traveler should give you a Gold Chocobo. Note that it'll be slow as hell, but you can breed it with a Rank A/S Wonderful to try and get another Gold that'll be more race-ready.

HautSaus

• View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: 2017-01-27 05:31:44 »
Awesome job Chief, I'm a major fan of what you're doing here. My first playthrough I made it to the bottom of the crater and was starting to go through the NEW THREATS\Dark Cave sidequest, but I didn't like how I ranked my characters up so I decided to start a new playthrough. Only thing is, I'm seeing a lot more soft-lock issues. I don't think there were any in Midgar, but Rubicante GT did it once. Now I'm in the mythril mine with Elena and Rude, and it has locked on me every time I fight them.

My party is Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, and it's always on Rude's turn I think. Twice it's happened where the camera pans to my party/Tifa and locked, and twice it's been after he casts Turk Cure on Elena.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: 2017-01-27 14:07:52 »
Awesome job Chief, I'm a major fan of what you're doing here. My first playthrough I made it to the bottom of the crater and was starting to go through the NEW THREATS\Dark Cave sidequest, but I didn't like how I ranked my characters up so I decided to start a new playthrough. Only thing is, I'm seeing a lot more soft-lock issues. I don't think there were any in Midgar, but Rubicante GT did it once. Now I'm in the mythril mine with Elena and Rude, and it has locked on me every time I fight them.

My party is Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, and it's always on Rude's turn I think. Twice it's happened where the camera pans to my party/Tifa and locked, and twice it's been after he casts Turk Cure on Elena.

Are the patches in? Rude had an AI issue that should have been rectified with the scene patch. An error on Rubicante is new though, I'll have a look at him.

Edit: Another question: Did Rude use Fire, Ice, and Bolt or Fire2, Ice2, and Bolt2 during your fight with him?
« Last Edit: 2017-01-27 18:30:19 by Sega Chief »

HautSaus

• View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: 2017-01-27 18:49:22 »
Are the patches in? Rude had an AI issue that should have been rectified with the scene patch. An error on Rubicante is new though, I'll have a look at him.

Edit: Another question: Did Rude use Fire, Ice, and Bolt or Fire2, Ice2, and Bolt2 during your fight with him?

Yes the patches have been applied. The Rubicante thing was a fluke I think, as it only happened once when he tried to do his fire spin move(Autarch's Flame?) and I fought him after and he pulled the move off no hitch.

As far as Rude goes I've seen him use Fire, Turk Spark, Turk Cure, and his OP Clothesline attack. He gets about one turn in for every three Elena gets in. I just fought them again and had inflicted confuse on Rude with Choco-Mog. This time instead of panning to my party, the camera panned away from my party to behind them when it soft locks.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: 2017-01-27 20:05:55 »
I'll need to see if I can replicate it when I get back from work; I'm not seeing anything immediately wrong in the AI, but it's probably that I've done something to the variables in there. I'll return his AI to using regular Fire, etc. and get a patch together for now.

Edit: Give this a go: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tl2eroxu51yzygf/NT_Mod_HotFix_Scene_-_27th_January_2017.zip
I removed the vars setting elemental spells and set him to just use the spell IDs directly like it did before.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-27 20:11:03 by Sega Chief »

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: 2017-01-27 21:39:47 »
For the flashback could I recommend adding a save point before the mountain? You have some bug enemies that stun when they attack and they can come in a pack of five. It's pretty much game over if you run into them as you can't do anything and they slowly whittle away your HP. That or make Sephiroth immune to it. Simply preventing from grouping like that could work too.

Side note, you're evil for the boss in the Shinra building. Though I liked the conversation with Tifa after you steal from Rufus.

HautSaus

• View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: 2017-01-28 05:55:25 »
All right. It's still happening. I'm going to see if I can get a fresh install to see if it's been on my end this whole time. Sorry for any extra work I caused.

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: 2017-01-28 06:16:00 »
I've played up to Wutai without any further incidents, been having a great time (though I struggled with Godo and ended up Osmosing him to 0mp because I couldn't figure out how else to get around his cure+esuna counter). The friendly Fort Condor transporter is such a helpful feature, I can't imagine going without it :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: 2017-01-28 06:18:16 »
For the flashback could I recommend adding a save point before the mountain? You have some bug enemies that stun when they attack and they can come in a pack of five. It's pretty much game over if you run into them as you can't do anything and they slowly whittle away your HP. That or make Sephiroth immune to it. Simply preventing from grouping like that could work too.

Side note, you're evil for the boss in the Shinra building. Though I liked the conversation with Tifa after you steal from Rufus.

I think save points might be problematic; I'll see if I can make Sephiroth immune to Paralysis like you suggested.

All right. It's still happening. I'm going to see if I can get a fresh install to see if it's been on my end this whole time. Sorry for any extra work I caused.

In that case I'll do a proper test of the fight and see if the softlocks are also present on this end. I can restore the fight properly from a back-up scene.bin if need be.

I've played up to Wutai without any further incidents, been having a great time (though I struggled with Godo and ended up Osmosing him to 0mp because I couldn't figure out how else to get around his cure+esuna counter). The friendly Fort Condor transporter is such a helpful feature, I can't imagine going without it :)

I'll see if I can revise Godo's mechanics slightly so there's other ways to beat him. The Cure/Esuna combo is maybe a little too much.

HautSaus

• View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: 2017-01-28 07:18:39 »
After trying it every which way I could think of, the soft-lock still occurs. Well...I suppose I could ask for help on Amalgam in the dark cave. That  thing's got me stumped. Do I have to use a Ruby WEAPON approach and leave two of my characters KOed?

theskycaptin

• View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: 2017-01-28 08:54:20 »
So i found a super secret boss in Ancient Forest that im not sure anyone else found (i did some googling) and after a looong battle with fingers crossed i beat him and received a blank item with "????" as the description. What is that used for?

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: 2017-01-28 12:40:52 »
Came back after a super busy couple of weeks and picked back up at Junon on disc 2. Went to fight our recurring little friend, and noticed that Cait Sith's Limit was up. Since I had had so much trouble with him before, I decided to see how a Transform would treat him. Holy cow Cait Sith became Boss Killer 9000. He had over 10000 hp and over 1000 mp. He hit like a truck and crit a lot. And because of the 1-1 health drain ratio of the Black M-phone he healed faster then the boss could hurt him. So I decided to tweak his stuff a bit. Gave him the Wizard Bracelet for the extra materia slots. Gave him 2 counter attacks, command counter-deathblow, all the materia that increased health, and put on Silver Refracter so he couldn't be stopped, in every definition of the term. He had 11000 health, and hit for 1-2k each attack, almost 7k sometimes when he crit (which was often). At this point I figured he was unstoppable, and the boss could barely get him down to half health, and when he did Cait Sith hit him once or twice cause of the 2 counter attacks, and healed it all back and then some (command counter-deathblow never went off sadly. I need to level it more.) Only downside really is that he's the only one to get experience and AP, but that's a fine thing to sacrifice if you're having a hard time with a boss. As much as I like Yuffie, Cait Sith is taking her place in my party. Never had a game where I would voluntarily put him in, but damn if that wasn't the thing I needed to see to make that happen.

Update: Cait Sith vs Alpha Zolem
 (Warning, quite a read)
Spoiler: show
Decided to test my limits with this. I flew back to the Chocobo Ranch to see if I could get take on the Alpha Zolem, and to also hopefully get that Alpha Enemy Skill. I went in with the build before without really thinking, and I wouldn't say I got destroyed, but I didn't win. Instead of stop, he used paralysis. And the poison was whittling me down faster than I could heal. So I went back to the ol' drawing board. Tried a few things on the monsters outside. Wanted to see if I could use Hp Absorb on Counter Attack, unfortunately can't, so I had to stick with the Black M-phone which really drained my damage output. I equipped the Gem Ring to negate his Paralysis, but I still had to deal with the Poison problem. I switched out Command Counter-Deathblow with Added Effect-Poison, donzo. He still did a lot of damage, and while having those extra materia's on to give me more money and exp are nice, I can do without them. I switched out Wizard Bracelet for the fancy new Crystal Bangle I just got to buff his defense some. Mag Def would take a bit of a hit, but it was worth the change. Since I was no longer immune to Time effects from Silver Refracter I threw on Time to help get an edge in and to help since Cait Sith is incredibly slow. After that, I started the fight. Transformed, used Haste on Cait Sith, and Slow on Alpha, used a quick x-potion to heal him, and then threw him into berserk! Since his damage was still really low, I had to compensate. And since basic attacks were by far his greatest asset, and would most likely keep him alive, I figured giving up control for more damage was a pretty good idea, and for the most part it was! Alpha would bite (headbutt?) me and Cait, and Cait would punch him right back. Unfortunately, I did not know that having him in berserk would prevent counter attack from going off, and that probably cut my damage a bit, but it wasn't enough to matter too much. It was a back and forth for most of the fight until Alpha started getting angry and stretched up. Then the real fight began. The only real advantage I had on my side was that Alpha's physical attacks didn't heal him anymore, but his new attacks gave me status effects, and his new stance increased his attack and defense. I think one of the status effects was blind, cause Cait started to miss quite often at this point. It was looking pretty grim to be honest. Cait wasn't hitting hard enough to heal back all the damage from Alpha's attacks. When Cait hit about 4k health, I pretty much lost hope, but Cait had other plans in mind. After taking a headbutt(bite?) that crit, he stood up top his mighty Fat Mog robot, ran right up to that giant snake, and crit him for about 2k, landing the final blow. In what could only be described as the greatest fight I've had the pleasure to enjoy to date in FF7, I came out victorious. I took that Elixer with pride. The fight was absolutely fantastic from start to end. Much thanks to Sega Chief, one of the best times I've had with this mod so far.

Edit #2: Also, putting reflect on big guard is evil. Evil I say!
« Last Edit: 2017-01-28 14:31:40 by strife98 »