Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4971949 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4825 on: 2017-02-01 15:49:50 »
hey sega chief

everytime cloud hits the save points he can walk around while the save point message is still on the screen, do you think thats a glitch on your mod

and carry armor is on disc 1 of your mod guarding the midgar puzzle room, did you forget to remove him because when i touch him nothing happens

Not really a glitch, maybe an oversight. I'll check and add disable movement to the scripts if they're missing from any save points. The carry armor guarding the puzzle room seems to be broken at the moment for some reason; should be easy to fix though.

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: 2017-02-01 15:53:34 »
Carry Armor isn't broken, it's just a bit tricky to talk to, I only had luck with talking to it from the left side of the model. It is possible though. Might just need to widen the talk box trigger.

Side note, what did the last two patches change specifically, just curious. I'm guessing it's just the two hot fixes from the 16th and 18th but just want to make sure.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: 2017-02-01 21:27:19 »
I want to second what GameGeeks said. It took some finagling, but after a bit of slamming my face into him I managed to interact with him, which then proceeded with a complete stomping of said face.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: 2017-02-01 22:39:07 »
Carry Armor isn't broken, it's just a bit tricky to talk to, I only had luck with talking to it from the left side of the model. It is possible though. Might just need to widen the talk box trigger.

Side note, what did the last two patches change specifically, just curious. I'm guessing it's just the two hot fixes from the 16th and 18th but just want to make sure.

I want to second what GameGeeks said. It took some finagling, but after a bit of slamming my face into him I managed to interact with him, which then proceeded with a complete stomping of said face.

Ah, so the script works it's just the range of activation? That should be easy enough to rectify; thanks for the info, fellas!

The hotfixes were just to fix a few things like an unintended encounter in Ancient Forest and a Rude AI problem that turned out to be a misunderstanding with the IRO.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: 2017-02-01 23:30:33 »
when i load my save on your mod sega chief

the save point message box stays up after i load up my save

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #4830 on: 2017-02-02 00:46:18 »

Just press the confirm button and it should go away or is it staying even after doing that?

EDIT: Can't remember if it's in vanilla but in the Fort Condor missions you don't get all your money back if you don't lose any soldiers. You wind up coming a few hundred short. I just did the two at Juno and was short 600 for the first one and 300 for the second one. Didn't lose a soldier in either mission. It's not a big deal and I doubt most people would notice but it is a thing.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-02 03:20:21 by GameGeeks »

HautSaus

• View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: 2017-02-03 04:45:54 »
Just press the confirm button and it should go away or is it staying even after doing that?

EDIT: Can't remember if it's in vanilla but in the Fort Condor missions you don't get all your money back if you don't lose any soldiers. You wind up coming a few hundred short. I just did the two at Juno and was short 600 for the first one and 300 for the second one. Didn't lose a soldier in either mission. It's not a big deal and I doubt most people would notice but it is a thing.

I think it was like that in vanilla. You get 400 back for each unit still on your side, and each unit costs between 400-480, if I remember correctly.

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: 2017-02-03 05:39:53 »
I think it was like that in vanilla. You get 400 back for each unit still on your side, and each unit costs between 400-480, if I remember correctly.
Could be it, I tended to skip them in vanilla since the rewards weren't worth going out of your way for. Thanks for reminding me.

Side note, Sega you may want to either check the shops or update your change log. It again states you messed with the shops but on the ship the guy just sold potions and phoenix downs. Nothing to contend with Jenova's status effect. Also, the log is wrong about the send off prizes. 60-90 is a potion and the 100+ one is a rune armlet. Not sure if the potion was intentional.

SaltyWalty

• View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: 2017-02-05 03:38:46 »
So I decided to restart. I feel like i'm missing just way to much crap. I watch others plays on youtube, they have Planet magic and all of this other cool stuff. I think that would be why i'm getting my ass kicked so hard core

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: 2017-02-05 05:41:54 »
So I decided to restart. I feel like i'm missing just way to much crap. I watch others plays on youtube, they have Planet magic and all of this other cool stuff. I think that would be why i'm getting my ass kicked so hard core
Just follow a guide for item location. Item locations don't really seem to be changed all that much even if the items themselves are. Ovenman on GameFaqs has a enemy skill challenge faq with a list of all enemy skills in the order you can get them. Save Trine, Beta and Aqualunge which Sega changed the location of. Aside from that do do the Fort Condor missions every time it pops up. They give helpful items now.

Side note, Sega, What does the Umbrella do? It just a melee weapon for Aerith? Original increased magic by 10 and vit by 20 but it doesn't do that anymore. It has two linked slots now so I'm not sure if you nixed the stat increases in exchange for the two slots. Though with no materia growth I'll probably never use it. Also curious what Hero Drink II does. Assuming it's just gives a bigger stat increase then the original.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: 2017-02-05 06:23:13 »

I've been encountering the save point issues myself during my (final) test runthrough of the mod; I'm fixing these issues and other niggling problems as I go.

Could be it, I tended to skip them in vanilla since the rewards weren't worth going out of your way for. Thanks for reminding me.

Side note, Sega you may want to either check the shops or update your change log. It again states you messed with the shops but on the ship the guy just sold potions and phoenix downs. Nothing to contend with Jenova's status effect. Also, the log is wrong about the send off prizes. 60-90 is a potion and the 100+ one is a rune armlet. Not sure if the potion was intentional.

I'll check those out. I thought the send-off was dropping a useless Enemy Away as the top prize, it needs to be changed up a bit in any case.

The mod is on the verge of being updated to 1.5 (along with the documentation) so it might be worth holding off until that's done. I'm trying to move some things like Planet about so that they're not locked behind bosses and can be used for them.

Just follow a guide for item location. Item locations don't really seem to be changed all that much even if the items themselves are. Ovenman on GameFaqs has a enemy skill challenge faq with a list of all enemy skills in the order you can get them. Save Trine, Beta and Aqualunge which Sega changed the location of. Aside from that do do the Fort Condor missions every time it pops up. They give helpful items now.

Side note, Sega, What does the Umbrella do? It just a melee weapon for Aerith? Original increased magic by 10 and vit by 20 but it doesn't do that anymore. It has two linked slots now so I'm not sure if you nixed the stat increases in exchange for the two slots. Though with no materia growth I'll probably never use it. Also curious what Hero Drink II does. Assuming it's just gives a bigger stat increase then the original.

Umbrella is just like the other Ancient weapons, it has high attack power and a special formula that ignores the Morph damage penalty (purportedly) and should gain strength with character kills like Death Penalty does in vanilla. It only has linked slots because someone suggested it would be beneficial to allow for Elemental.

Hero Drink II has a very specific use; it can result in massive damage, but it'll seem worse than useless at a glance.

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: 2017-02-05 06:38:13 »
How close is 1.5? If it's a week or so I'll wait but if it's a few months then I'll just stick with 1.4.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: 2017-02-05 06:48:59 »
How close is 1.5? If it's a week or so I'll wait but if it's a few months then I'll just stick with 1.4.

About 2 weeks.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4838 on: 2017-02-05 08:19:35 »
About 2 weeks.

Well that's good news! But, I want to release Catalog 3.0 before then (maybe). I might have to release NT v1.5 as a Catalog 3.1 update, and I'm sure that will lead to multiple updates beyond after the public begins to play and report the bugs (let's hope there are little to none).

manconauta

• View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: 2017-02-05 10:57:03 »
I'm in disk 4 and I can't swap cloud for tifa or cid, how can I do that?

edit: I checked garlandthegreat's video... there's a guy in highwind to do that but he doesn't appear in my game, wtf? also the lv.4 limit boss for yuffie doesn't appear either... is there something wrong with my game? using steam version
« Last Edit: 2017-02-05 11:47:31 by manconauta »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: 2017-02-05 16:37:52 »
Well that's good news! But, I want to release Catalog 3.0 before then (maybe). I might have to release NT v1.5 as a Catalog 3.1 update, and I'm sure that will lead to multiple updates beyond after the public begins to play and report the bugs (let's hope there are little to none).

There probably will be updates needing made after release for any problems that arise with the new arrange mode going into it, but the more thorough I am with the test run then the less of those will be needed.

I'm in disk 4 and I can't swap cloud for tifa or cid, how can I do that?

edit: I checked garlandthegreat's video... there's a guy in highwind to do that but he doesn't appear in my game, wtf? also the lv.4 limit boss for yuffie doesn't appear either... is there something wrong with my game? using steam version

You need to reach the bottom of the North Crater and then return (a phone call confirms the unlock; it occurs when the party reunites after taking split paths just before the point of no return) as this will set the game's progression value to 1998 which was used as the unlock condition for a lot of the Disc 3 content. There's an NPC down there who can teleport you back up to the Highwind as well.

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: 2017-02-05 19:00:30 »
Will 1.4 saves be partially compatible with 1.5, or should I take a break and wait for the release? :)

I have a question about the Tonadu enemy (I've encountered it at the Bone Village beach before tackling the Temple of the Ancients). It appears to be 100% hit by Confuse, which trivializes the battle, and the rewards seem like an order of magnitude higher than they should be (38300 EXP, 2400 AP, 14000 gil). Is this intended?

manconauta

• View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: 2017-02-05 21:23:46 »

You need to reach the bottom of the North Crater and then return

Damn I feel stupid now. I wanted to do everything before going to the crater. Thanks

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: 2017-02-05 23:08:12 »
Will 1.4 saves be partially compatible with 1.5, or should I take a break and wait for the release? :)

I have a question about the Tonadu enemy (I've encountered it at the Bone Village beach before tackling the Temple of the Ancients). It appears to be 100% hit by Confuse, which trivializes the battle, and the rewards seem like an order of magnitude higher than they should be (38300 EXP, 2400 AP, 14000 gil). Is this intended?

Save files are fine going into the new one.

I'll look at Tonadu's resistances as well.

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: 2017-02-06 02:28:28 »
Boxer's Chain Bomb needs to have a miss chance. It makes morphing it impossible. Yeah, I even try getting to so one laser and one elemental<->poison attack kills it and doing both right  back to back and he skips turn order to instantly do that move. I've enjoyed the mod so far but this is just me bashing my head against a wall over and over. It's not fun. I've tried things like frog and confuse but he's immune to status effects that could disable them.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-06 02:51:32 by GameGeeks »

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #4845 on: 2017-02-06 05:00:37 »
@GameGeeks Boxer shouldn't be immune to sleep, unless that changed recently.

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: 2017-02-06 05:57:04 »
@GameGeeks Boxer shouldn't be immune to sleep, unless that changed recently.
Thanks, I just picked that e. skill up. Keep forgetting frog song also does sleep.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-06 06:14:36 by GameGeeks »

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: 2017-02-06 06:03:47 »
Hehe, an hour and a half and 27 Tonadus later, I've mastered 2 Covers and 4 Counter Attacks, my A-team is Lv61, and I have 423k gil. Normally I don't grind in these kinds of games, but I think the combination of

1) They're the only enemy that appears on the Bone Village beach
2) They appear to have a very low resistance to being confused
3) They kill themselves very quickly with Aero/Great Gale, and only break confusion with 1 out of their 5 attacks
4) Their rewards are insane compared to what I've seen so far

I really couldn't help myself :)

EDIT: Doing the battle arena now, and I'm clearly way overpowered for it. A few notes:
- Tough Ring is spelled Touph Ring. Is this intentional?
- I was caught off guard doing Dio's arena battles and reset to swap my materia/equipment. I noticed the first time that the roulette handicaps were fixed each round, but the second time it was back to random handicaps like normal
- Not sure if this is an issue from vanilla, but the game remembers my limit gauge status before starting, even if I use it during the arena battles. I unintentionally walked in with a nearly full gauge, and end up taking just enough damage to have Meteorain against Dyne.

EDIT 2: Just did the rest of the scripted Gold Saucer events, and I was equipping Aeris for the Temple when I found an Umbrella (?) in my inventory, but I don't recall ever finding one. I did choose her for the GS date, but I didn't get any notifications about it during the sequence.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-06 09:05:49 by El Grillo »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: 2017-02-06 09:14:37 »
Hehe, an hour and a half and 27 Tonadus later, I've mastered 2 Covers and 4 Counter Attacks, my A-team is Lv61, and I have 423k gil. Normally I don't grind in these kinds of games, but I think the combination of

1) They're the only enemy that appears on the Bone Village beach
2) They appear to have a very low resistance to being confused
3) They kill themselves very quickly with Aero/Great Gale, and only break confusion with 1 out of their 5 attacks
4) Their rewards are insane compared to what I've seen so far

I really couldn't help myself :)

EDIT: Doing the battle arena now, and I'm clearly way overpowered for it. A few notes:
- Tough Ring is spelled Touph Ring. Is this intentional?
- I was caught off guard doing Dio's arena battles and reset to swap my materia/equipment. I noticed the first time that the roulette handicaps were fixed each round, but the second time it was back to random handicaps like normal
- Not sure if this is an issue from vanilla, but the game remembers my limit gauge status before starting, even if I use it during the arena battles. I unintentionally walked in with a nearly full gauge, and end up taking just enough damage to have Meteorain against Dyne.

EDIT 2: Just did the rest of the scripted Gold Saucer events, and I was equipping Aeris for the Temple when I found an Umbrella (?) in my inventory, but I don't recall ever finding one. I did choose her for the GS date, but I didn't get any notifications about it during the sequence.

It was touph in the original and I kept it that way out of sentimentality.

Sometimes the handicap reels will 'force' a result onto the player, and sometimes there'll be very few options on the reels. Remember that the handicaps you get affect the multiplier of the BP you get at the end so trying to get 'bad' results will work out for you sometimes; especially if they don't affect you, like Break Summon Materia while not having any Summon Materia for instance.

Not sure what you mean by Limit gauges being remembered, but it's likely the same way in Vanilla.

I think Umbrella is given if you get her for the date scene; the character that turns up gets a weapon.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-06 09:16:10 by Sega Chief »

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: 2017-02-06 09:29:56 »
To clarify about the limit gauges:

I had the 100GP from first arriving at the GS (very handy, thanks), and I decided to spend all of it in the battlee arena. Before starting the arena battles, my limit gauge would be 95% full. It would fill up during the course of the fights, and it would be full by the time I faced Dyne, where I would one-shot him with it. Upon returning to the ready room, my HP/MP/limit gauge would all be reset to what they were before the arena, which means I could rinse and repeat, using a limit break each time to quickly end the last fight. I don't remember vanilla well enough, but it's quite possible it has always been this way.

On another note, is there any way to get rid of the [Resist] status once it's been applied? I noticed that the handicap roulette-inflicted Frog/Small status would be applied despite me being in Resist, and then I wouldn't be able to use Esuna/items to restore my status back to normal. A double-edged sword, indeed :)