Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4971191 times)

demos1085

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.993)
« Reply #11175 on: 2022-02-08 16:26:44 »
Hello Sega Chief, great job keeping the mod active.

Small question / request. ¿Any chance for a "Vanilla Combat" variant of the 2.0 version of the mod?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
« Last Edit: 2022-02-08 16:28:36 by demos1085 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: 2022-02-08 16:45:58 »
Hello Sega Chief, great job keeping the mod active.

Small question / request. ¿Any chance for a "Vanilla Combat" variant of the 2.0 version of the mod?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

I did promise (I think) to do that so will work on it. I also saw a request while I was away for a combat-only version of 2.0 so I'll be trying to put that out too.

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: 2022-02-09 21:13:31 »
Hello guys. Perhaps you remember me I've played New threat few years ago. Ive downloaded 2.0 this week and am playing now. Just out of the mythril mines. So what happened to mr smile he isn't there lol. Do I unlock him when I find the 12 soldiers ?

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: 2022-02-09 21:15:01 »
Btw Sega Chief great job again on this version. Like the new style alot. But what I also love are these OP bosses lol. Which verion you think is the toughest ? Thanks in advance.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: 2022-02-10 06:14:26 »
Hello guys. Perhaps you remember me I've played New threat few years ago. Ive downloaded 2.0 this week and am playing now. Just out of the mythril mines. So what happened to mr smile he isn't there lol. Do I unlock him when I find the 12 soldiers ?

in v2.x access to use mr smiles SP system appears at 4 different points within story timeline. the first is after the cargo ship battle. after the initial point of time you can then use the extended savepoint options to have him use sources.
« Last Edit: 2022-02-10 07:49:09 by wdx »

wergsdaf

• View Profile
« Reply #11180 on: 2022-02-10 14:12:10 »
Hi guys, Chief,

Does anyone have a save file for Type A just after clearing Midgar / before Kalm? I was getting some weird crashes so reinstalled FF7 from Steam out of frustration...and of course my save files got cleared. I'm enjoying the mod and would like to continue where I left off. Would be much appreciated, and thanks!!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: 2022-02-11 09:28:49 »
Hi guys, Chief,

Does anyone have a save file for Type A just after clearing Midgar / before Kalm? I was getting some weird crashes so reinstalled FF7 from Steam out of frustration...and of course my save files got cleared. I'm enjoying the mod and would like to continue where I left off. Would be much appreciated, and thanks!!

This is from the test run of NT 2.0; it has a save out in the Midgar area:
https://mega.nz/file/vgV2QZRY#xKSrOIPUymsn3aJbCVTzjOXTBTsh3hY2c9aHQGAktOo

If playing on Steam, then do the following:
Open the game's launcher via Steam but don't start the game itself yet
Place the save file in: E:\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam\user_####
Start the game, and load the save file
Save the game when you load in; this will update the cheksum and protect the save file from deletion when you next start the launcher

The issue with FF7 Steam is that they, for some reason, implemented some kind of verification on the save files; when the launcher is opened, it checks all the save files and if any don't match the cheksum it just deletes them. But you can beat it by just having the launcher open when you move/edit save files within it (just remember to save the game within the affected 'memory card slot' in order to make it permanent).

wergsdaf

• View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: 2022-02-11 11:39:25 »
Brilliant, thank you so much! I was able to get it to load directly using 7H, although I still followed your steps (copying with Steam launcher open). No deletions so far - thanks again.
« Last Edit: 2022-02-11 15:03:45 by wergsdaf »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.994)
« Reply #11183 on: 2022-02-16 09:21:58 »
Updated to 2.0994

Spoiler: show

-) Added many missing button prompts to in-game text
-) Added missing model files for 7th Heaven & Reunion versions (Great Glacier enemy affected)
-) Ruby Weapon EXP/Gil/AP values set to match Emerald Weapon EXP/Gil/AP values
-) Chocobo Ranch: Updated conditions so that characters do not appear early before visiting Kalm
-) Added Long Range pickup if it is missed before launch (Rocket Town main area, by entrance to launch site)
-) Adjusted drops for Eligor (increased chance for Mute Mask & Dream Powder, X-Potion drop removed)
-) Issue where enemy would give EXP under No Exp mode
-) Jenova DEATH: HP reduced by 4000 to 36,000, defence deterioration when attacked increased
-) KO immunity added to Shinra Mansion mini-boss (Type B); Morphs added to both parts to make consistent with Type A boss drops
-) Battle Square: Updated prize text where Fire Veil was listed but was actually 8-Inch Cannon
-) Added No EXP toggle to Game Start menu
-) Adjustment to item 'Synthesis Cell' (removed most of the detrimental effects)
-) Masamune adjustment: base power decreased to 55, defence ignore property removed
-) Minor text revision to Mystile and Curse Ring descriptions
-) Added a random prize-set of items to replace Megalixir 'catch-all' prize used for various Fort Condor battles:
   Astral Curtain
   Lucky Pill
   Hero Drink Classic
   Dragon Fang
   Dragon Scales
-) Added minor easter egg when beating the game under the following conditions (must be activated at New Game and left enabled throughout):
   Hard Mode
   No Source Upgrades
   No EXP
-) Tweaks made to a Disc 3 boss; rewards added and game no longer proceeds to ending scenes after the battle
« Last Edit: 2022-02-16 09:46:32 by Sega Chief »

kekko1285

• View Profile
« Reply #11184 on: 2022-02-17 15:21:48 »
That's amazing Sega, thanks for that last version! :)

I was wondering, do you plan to add the excellent work done by cloudiar on the Honey Bee Mod (link -> https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=21062.0)? I find that quite amazing and I think it would be an excellent addition to your mod - making it even more the "perfect" gameplay mod to be used.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11185 on: 2022-02-18 09:15:07 »
That's amazing Sega, thanks for that last version! :)

I was wondering, do you plan to add the excellent work done by cloudiar on the Honey Bee Mod (link -> https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=21062.0)? I find that quite amazing and I think it would be an excellent addition to your mod - making it even more the "perfect" gameplay mod to be used.

Those new fields will be in Cloudiar's FF7OR mod (large-scale overhaul mod) so I think it'd be best for people to experience it there along with all the other new events and content that's been added into that mod.

colburn.359968

• View Profile
« Reply #11186 on: 2022-02-20 00:27:11 »
Hey man, I hate to ask because I know it's probably been asked before so many times, but I'm having trouble finding an answer.

FF7: NT is my favorite game of all time. Is there any way to play it together with Satsuki's HD backgrounds and Ninostyle's character models? That would be like a dream game. If not, will this ever be possible in the future?

Thanks again, New Threat really is a masterpiece.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11187 on: 2022-02-20 03:24:35 »
Hey man, I hate to ask because I know it's probably been asked before so many times, but I'm having trouble finding an answer.

FF7: NT is my favorite game of all time. Is there any way to play it together with Satsuki's HD backgrounds and Ninostyle's character models? That would be like a dream game. If not, will this ever be possible in the future?

Thanks again, New Threat really is a masterpiece.

Yeah, of course, just install all those mods (and any other you might want) in 7th Heaven.

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #11188 on: 2022-02-20 14:03:34 »
Question, the installer that will hard install and replaces main game files. I use steam, would that mean if I launch ff7 through steam It would load up and have NT?
Have the steam version but use 7th heaven and if I launch ff7 without 7th heaven it loads the normal game.

Edit - answered it myself, yes it does exactly what Im asking
« Last Edit: 2022-02-20 14:29:41 by cha0tic »

kekko1285

• View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: 2022-02-21 18:52:30 »
Those new fields will be in Cloudiar's FF7OR mod (large-scale overhaul mod) so I think it'd be best for people to experience it there along with all the other new events and content that's been added into that mod.

I am deeply saddened by your reply, but I accept the reality for what it is, though and brutal at times. I'm sure I'll cry it out overnight and tomorrow I'll feel a little better, maybe.

(obviously kidding)

Perfect Zell

• View Profile
« Reply #11190 on: 2022-02-22 18:54:18 »
So, playing through Type B,
Aerith is still dead, but she talked in a Junon area cutscene.

Also, she showed up earlier in the Icicle Inn area, by the recordings of her mother. I'm, not sure if this second one was intentional or not, as she could be a ghost.
« Last Edit: 2022-02-22 19:04:44 by Perfect Zell »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11191 on: 2022-02-22 21:15:08 »
I am deeply saddened by your reply, but I accept the reality for what it is, though and brutal at times. I'm sure I'll cry it out overnight and tomorrow I'll feel a little better, maybe.

(obviously kidding)

After it releases, I'll ask Cloudiar for permission and attempt to add it in if it gets a green light but not added fields before so no promises.

So, playing through Type B,
Aerith is still dead, but she talked in a Junon area cutscene.
Also, she showed up earlier in the Icicle Inn area, by the recordings of her mother. I'm, not sure if this second one was intentional or not, as she could be a ghost.

I'll sort that out, needs a conditional check added around it.

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
« Reply #11192 on: 2022-02-23 20:42:47 »
 i just started playing this wonderful thing , just got to the chocobo ranch, and i have a question. is it possible to get beta from midgar zolom at this point?. i only ask because i have tried several times now. and i'm successful in surviving the attack ..(barely..lol) . but EVERY time the zolom then expels the character that has learnt the ability, leaving me frustrated and confused lol

Drayenn

• View Profile
« Reply #11193 on: 2022-02-24 08:37:24 »
i just started playing this wonderful thing , just got to the chocobo ranch, and i have a question. is it possible to get beta from midgar zolom at this point?. i only ask because i have tried several times now. and i'm successful in surviving the attack ..(barely..lol) . but EVERY time the zolom then expels the character that has learnt the ability, leaving me frustrated and confused lol

It is, it's hard

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11194 on: 2022-02-24 08:39:43 »

its possible yes.
 learn quarryfuse (l4suicide) from the mu's deals with the physical dmg aspect, elemental fire protection (and/or) pheonixring if barely surviving can use a tranq to reduce dmg (a little bit).  have aries in the party with seal evil limit break ready use said limit break break directly after it uses beta. that will give you several turns to kill it :) ps whch member it ejects might have something to do with dmg he/she ... does. another thing which can make it much easier is if you morphed enemies esome can give really good items such as an 8inchcannon.   
« Last Edit: 2022-02-24 08:42:57 by wdx »

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
« Reply #11195 on: 2022-02-24 19:45:16 »
DID IT :)...man such a simple thing in the og, damn that was hard. got it on my 9th attempt lol. Thank you for your replies an advice

AugustoTricolor

• View Profile
« Reply #11196 on: 2022-02-27 22:37:57 »
This does not work for me. It crashes when I select new game and tells me to go to

https://github.com/julianxhokaxhiu/FFNx/wiki/FAQ

I tried disabling every mod except for NT 2.0 and it still gives me this message.

First time trying to play FF7 with mods here, got every mod to work EXCEPT the NT, just the one I am really interested in! I'm getting the same message, but it shows when I enter in the first battle... Also tried to disable all mods except for NT 2.0, and still crashes with the message as soon as I enter the first battle, tested with NT 1.5 and happens the same.
I'm using the Steam version and Windows 7 if that matters.

Please help, I'd love to play this awesome mod

Edit: Finally got it to work, using the patch version. Simply didn't work trough 7th Heaven catalog or importing the nro files, wonder why?
« Last Edit: 2022-02-28 13:33:38 by AugustoTricolor »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11197 on: 2022-02-28 13:23:10 »
First time trying to play FF7 with mods here, got every mod to work EXCEPT the NT, just the one I am really interested in! I'm getting the same message, but it shows when I enter in the first battle... Also tried to disable all mods except for NT 2.0, and still crashes with the message as soon as I enter the first battle, tested with NT 1.5 and happens the same.

have you tried to move the ff7 folder that can mess things up if installed into a windows specifc directory such as c:\program files\steam\ 

posting the error log file would be useful.

AugustoTricolor

• View Profile
« Reply #11198 on: 2022-02-28 13:37:50 »
have you tried to move the ff7 folder that can mess things up if installed into a windows specifc directory such as c:\program files\steam\ 

posting the error log file would be useful.

Well, the game and 7th Heaven are placed in the root of D:, so it's not this... Anyway I've managed do get it working using the patch version provided for Sega Chief, thanks for your reply!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11199 on: 2022-03-01 08:16:28 »

Edit: Finally got it to work, using the patch version. Simply didn't work trough 7th Heaven catalog or importing the nro files, wonder why?

The cause is most likely the easyhook injection being blocked from doing its thing, which is what 7th heaven uses to inject temporary .EXE modifications at runtime to get some of the stuff to work (like MBarrier ignoring Cure magic for instance). A workaround for it is this: https://twitter.com/DubReno89/status/1498346351628800002/photo/1