Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 538191 times)

ShadowEagle

• View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #626 on: 2015-08-21 09:33:34 »
Hey, thank you very much for this awesome tutorial!
I have a problem with the "Battle Models - Characters" mod: The game always shows the battle models made by Kaldarasha, even if I choose other models e.g. by whitERaven or Bloodshot.
Everything else works fine!

buhfrog

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: 2015-08-22 11:50:24 »
hey shadowEagle. I found out what caused that. Apparently, ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven is the problem. I deactivated that, and now all battle models are the ones I've chosen. Also, If you wan't field models, that aren't available via this 7th Heaven mod, i have found out that I can get an APZ field model of cloud with the buster sword on his back just by downloading and installing manually. when you download the model you want, just make sure you copy over the char/world folders they are named after. easy stuff. to make this work though, you need to open a file in your FF7 directory called "FF7_opengl.cfg" with notepad and change "direct_mode = off" to direct_mode = on" It took me a while to figure all this stuff out. hope it helps someone!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #628 on: 2015-08-22 20:03:24 »
The next release has most of the Field models found here as an option to select. CHaOS is a tricky mod for the fact that it works well alone, but not well with others activated. I wouldn't touch it right now. I am working on getting its more noticeable features added in the next release as their own category to turn on and off.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 2015-08-22 20:18:44 »
The next release has most of the Field models found here as an option to select. CHaOS is a tricky mod for the fact that it works well alone, but not well with others activated. I wouldn't touch it right now. I am working on getting its more noticeable features added in the next release as their own category to turn on and off.
  How is the next release coming by the way? And how's work as far as school goes?

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #630 on: 2015-08-22 20:22:52 »
thank you Alyza

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: 2015-08-22 22:57:40 »
hey

will the next release be window 10 comptable at all

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 2015-08-22 23:10:30 »
I don't know, yet. I still haven't upgraded to Windows 10 to fiddle around with it. What are the issues with it?

I know that installing the original 1998 version on Windows 10 has issues, but what is wrong with 7H?

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 2015-08-22 23:46:10 »
Nothing that I am familiar with, still runs good for me.  Heck I stopped using windows 10 since it caused major issues on my Alienware computer. So, not gonna bother with it.  I got some friends in town who are running windows 10 and are doing tests with some games. I'll put FF7 and 7th heaven on the list for them if that is fine with you.

buhfrog

• View Profile
« Reply #634 on: 2015-08-23 11:31:16 »
I've been playing through the whole game on windows 10. with only a few crashes with all mods activated except character overhaul seven, werewolf, and gameplay and story mods. only two crashes have not happened randomly and could crash my game almost every time i try. the first was right after getting your first chocobo and running past the midgar zolom and getting to the field after running through the cave. this would crash every time on me. i eventually just saved before going out the exit through the save anywhere tweaks and cheats mod 4 or 5 times until it decided not to crash. the second bug that happens on command is when i'm fighting 3 head hunters with Cid, Yuffie, and Red XIII, in the mideel area's forest, and decide to use Cid's limit break "Hyper Jump" it crashed almost every time. I'm sure that Junon area crash happens to people without windows 10 using just the steam version. i have no clue about the Mideel + Hyper jump crash. oh! also. one more bug. when you go to the northern crater for the first time, and you have the tornado barriers blocking you, you have to wait for the wind to die down... except it never does with the omzy field textures. no idea why. i turned omzy field textures off at that part and it worked fine after that.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: 2015-08-23 12:43:34 »
I've been playing through the whole game on windows 10. with only a few crashes with all mods activated except character overhaul seven, werewolf, and gameplay and story mods. only two crashes have not happened randomly and could crash my game almost every time i try. the first was right after getting your first chocobo and running past the midgar zolom and getting to the field after running through the cave. this would crash every time on me. i eventually just saved before going out the exit through the save anywhere tweaks and cheats mod 4 or 5 times until it decided not to crash. the second bug that happens on command is when i'm fighting 3 head hunters with Cid, Yuffie, and Red XIII, in the mideel area's forest, and decide to use Cid's limit break "Hyper Jump" it crashed almost every time. I'm sure that Junon area crash happens to people without windows 10 using just the steam version. i have no clue about the Mideel + Hyper jump crash. oh! also. one more bug. when you go to the northern crater for the first time, and you have the tornado barriers blocking you, you have to wait for the wind to die down... except it never does with the omzy field textures. no idea why. i turned omzy field textures off at that part and it worked fine after that.

This sounds like the texture memory bug Aali has solved with his last driver. Do you use the latest 0.8.1b custom driver?

Mezmer

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: 2015-08-26 14:39:59 »
does anyone know how i can change the control settings for the square enix 2012 edition? If i change them the normal way (via final FF7_Launcher) then it doesnt transfer to the 7th heaven mod. I dont see a way to change them within the 7th heaven client or am I blind?

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 2015-08-26 21:26:49 »
You can manually change the controls within the game once you've modded it with 7th heaven. All you need to do, if you're using a keyboard keypad or not depending on the patch, is to go into the options or settings within the party menu; locate control presets and select custom controls. Manually switch what controls you have for your keyboard. Same with your gamepad if you're using that and xpadder.

Mezmer

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: 2015-08-27 11:40:18 »
what do you mean with "party menu"? 
http://puu.sh/jQj7n/3cd7ae1c8f.jpg

That's all the options I can see. I pressed every button on my keyboard but so I dont think that it's on some hidden key.
Do I need to get to the point of the game where I get this mobile phone thingy to change my party? (Is that the party menu?)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: 2015-08-27 13:23:40 »
Go to Config and you can change the controls within there.

chrismazdaspeed6

• View Profile
« Reply #640 on: 2015-08-31 23:06:12 »
so, i modded the game last night made sure everything ran fine, actually ran it a few times. (involving a few minutes of gameplay)

today when i start it up i open 7th heaven and activate mods and run it, well it loads it up makes the bing, screen pops up for a split second and goes away. i am getting no error codes atm.

please help

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #641 on: 2015-08-31 23:27:34 »
today when i start it up i open 7th heaven and activate mods and run it, well it loads it up makes the bing, screen pops up for a split second and goes away. i am getting no error codes atm.

please help

An APP log would be nice. 

chrismazdaspeed6

• View Profile
« Reply #642 on: 2015-08-31 23:37:45 »
[00000000] INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.8.1b
[00000000] INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
[00000000] INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GT 430/PCIe/SSE2 4.5.0 NVIDIA 355.60
[00000000] INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
[00000000] INFO: Found swap_control extension
[00000000] INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
[00000000] INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 1600x900
[00000000] INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 4096
[00000000] INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
[00000000] INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
[00000000] INFO: VGMStream music plugin loaded
[00000000] INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
[00000000] LOCK UNLOCK TEST
[00000001] MATRIX INITIALIZE
[00000001] INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
[00000001] initializing sound...

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #643 on: 2015-09-01 00:13:13 »
Have you opened up FF7config to see if anything looks out of place in it?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: 2015-09-01 00:29:48 »
Do not open up FF7Config that is inside the game directory. That will reapply the wrong registry keys and screw up things. If you want to check your FF7Config (you need to check to see that a sound device is selected), rerun the game converter and choose the overwrite option. That is the proper way to get FF7Config opened and applying the correct registry keys.

chrismazdaspeed6

• View Profile
« Reply #645 on: 2015-09-01 00:31:52 »
yes thank you guys i actually was thinking about opening it again. i just did and now it starts up fine thank you for your guys help

im also wondering and looking how do i config this for a controller?
« Last Edit: 2015-09-01 00:33:42 by chrismazdaspeed6 »

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: 2015-09-01 00:35:32 »
Hey the game gets a little finicky with the settings.  So like my laptop is usually connected to my tv.  To run it without using it I'll need to reapply the converter as it is still set to the tv.  Weird I know but it happened to me.

pete

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: 2015-09-03 16:42:12 »
hi all i need help

the converter and 7th heaven worked on win 7 but im now on win 10

the converter says source files arnt compatible so  i used converter 0.9b that seemed to work

now 7th heaven wont start

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path1
   at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.<VerifySettings>d__2.MoveNext() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Settings.cs:line 49
   at System.String.Join(String separator, IEnumerable`1 values)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 120
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

any help please?

Biko5689

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: 2015-09-04 00:55:00 »
Having a lot of issues downloading 7th Heaven from the Mega DL site. I've tried using their 'MegaSync' and had nothing but headaches. I just want to DL through my browser. Went I try to Dl through Browser I get told it's DL'd but it's nowhere to be found.

I'd appreciate any help.

Cheers.

pete

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: 2015-09-04 17:51:46 »
hi all i need help

the converter and 7th heaven worked on win 7 but im now on win 10

the converter says source files arnt compatible so  i used converter 0.9b that seemed to work

now 7th heaven wont start

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path1
   at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.<VerifySettings>d__2.MoveNext() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Settings.cs:line 49
   at System.String.Join(String separator, IEnumerable`1 values)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 120
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

any help please?

anyone....please???