Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 540671 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #325 on: 2015-02-19 23:29:41 »
Yes.

FYI, all the Anxious Heart options are already in the Media - Music and Sound category.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2015-02-20 00:17:20 »
Alright, as you know i've been using a gifted 2012 rerelease of FF7. I talked with the guy who gave it to me and he did alter it a bit so it'd be easy peasy.  I got a legal copy of the Steam edition so here's a snapshot to prove it in case some things had to be discussed. 

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2015-02-20 14:23:05 »
Yes.

FYI, all the Anxious Heart options are already in the Media - Music and Sound category.

Thank you EQ2Alyza.
When R02 will be in catalog, menu overhaul will be out of date ? or you include just 'beacause project' from Reunion and keep menu overhaul into 7H catalog ?
« Last Edit: 2015-02-20 14:31:59 by ManuBBXX »

GhostButter

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2015-02-20 16:28:17 »
After reading this, I wanted to share my experiences because I think there might be something going on that some of you weren't aware of, or maybe its just specific to my computer. I don't know.

The Mod "Miscellaneous - Red Werewolf" caused a lot of problems for me a took a bit of testing to sort out.

I started with the load order you recommend and set Red Werewolf and Gameplay both to Vanilla and was getting the boss fights starting in the Shinra Tower.

Then, I reinstalled everything including a thorough cleaning of my registry... set everything up... same problem.

Well, at this point.. time to troubleshoot. I started with loading only the music mod. Boss fights were correct. As I activated one mod at a time, Red Werewolf was the the problem child.

Here is what I have found. Running the game in the "standard" difficulty with Red Werewolf doesn't work. I'm not sure if the 'Hardcore" mod was working right... I got a boss fight with a giant white bird. With Red Werewolf deactivated I can play the "normal" game just fine. With Red Werewolf, I run the "Reasonable Difficulty" mod and everything seems perfect so far. I have since played around with load order to get my desired graphical affect.

Current Load order: [Gameplay - Difficulty and Story], [Misc - CHaOS], [Battle Models-Weapons], [Battle Models-Characters], [Field Models-Characters,Enemies, and Objects], [Battle Models - Enemies], [World Models - Characters,Enemies, and Vehicles], [Menu-Backgrounds and Avatars], [Misc - Red Werewolf], [Animations], [Media - Music and Sound], [Battle Textures], [Menu Overhaul], [all the Minigames mods], [World Textures], [Spell Textures], [Field Textures], [Media - Movies]

Current System: AMD Phenom II x4 B55@4GHz, 8gig Ram, GTX 760, Windows 8.1

Started with Final Fantasy VII Steam Version as my base.
I tried the "Hardcore" difficulty mod and I'm not sure If I getting the right boss fights ore not. Giant Bird for the first fight in Shinra Building. Haven't tried any of the other "difficulty mods."
« Last Edit: 2015-02-20 16:36:02 by GhostButter »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2015-02-20 17:15:44 »
Thank you EQ2Alyza.
When R02 will be in catalog, menu overhaul will be out of date ? or you include just 'beacause project' from Reunion and keep menu overhaul into 7H catalog ?

MO was complete in R01, so there won't need to be any changes to it other than I deleted some unnecessary files that Kaldarasha pointed out for me. Beacause Project aka ReTranslation is what I'll be attempted to add in the next update.

After reading this, I wanted to share my experiences because I think there might be something going on that some of you weren't aware of, or maybe its just specific to my computer. I don't know.

The Mod "Miscellaneous - Red Werewolf" caused a lot of problems for me a took a bit of testing to sort out.

I started with the load order you recommend and set Red Werewolf and Gameplay both to Vanilla and was getting the boss fights starting in the Shinra Tower.

Then, I reinstalled everything including a thorough cleaning of my registry... set everything up... same problem.

Well, at this point.. time to troubleshoot. I started with loading only the music mod. Boss fights were correct. As I activated one mod at a time, Red Werewolf was the the problem child.

Here is what I have found. Running the game in the "standard" difficulty with Red Werewolf doesn't work. I'm not sure if the 'Hardcore" mod was working right... I got a boss fight with a giant white bird. With Red Werewolf deactivated I can play the "normal" game just fine. With Red Werewolf, I run the "Reasonable Difficulty" mod and everything seems perfect so far. I have since played around with load order to get my desired graphical affect.

Current Load order: [Gameplay - Difficulty and Story], [Misc - CHaOS], [Battle Models-Weapons], [Battle Models-Characters], [Field Models-Characters,Enemies, and Objects], [Battle Models - Enemies], [World Models - Characters,Enemies, and Vehicles], [Menu-Backgrounds and Avatars], [Misc - Red Werewolf], [Animations], [Media - Music and Sound], [Battle Textures], [Menu Overhaul], [all the Minigames mods], [World Textures], [Spell Textures], [Field Textures], [Media - Movies]

Current System: AMD Phenom II x4 B55@4GHz, 8gig Ram, GTX 760, Windows 8.1

Started with Final Fantasy VII Steam Version as my base.
I tried the "Hardcore" difficulty mod and I'm not sure If I getting the right boss fights ore not. Giant Bird for the first fight in Shinra Building. Haven't tried any of the other "difficulty mods."

Yeah, Red Werewolf is a major culprit right now. I don't think the author patched the scene.bin correctly. Just play without it for now while I work on trying to fix it.

GhostButter

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2015-02-20 17:34:16 »
Yeah, Red Werewolf is a major culprit right now. I don't think the author patched the scene.bin correctly. Just play without it for now while I work on trying to fix it.

The only reason I even use Red Werewolf, is because it seems to be the source of some translations such as "Aerith" and the spell names like Fira instead of Fire2. I'm not really a fan of the werewolf model for Red XIII (although, It is a well done model.. its just not for me).

I'm hoping for another translation mod... I think I read somewhere that Reunion is possibly going to be added to the catalog in the future.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2015-02-20 20:10:35 »
It is. I just need to sort out all the files for R02c and see what can be done.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2015-02-20 23:10:49 »
I have one question about the load order. To get it to work on a normal level, with little an issue but still questionable, what is the recommended load order?

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2015-02-20 23:33:52 »
Do you know when will you update the 1.3 nt mod in the catalog or not yet?

GhostButter

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2015-02-21 06:20:50 »
I have one question about the load order. To get it to work on a normal level, with little an issue but still questionable, what is the recommended load order?

IMPORTANT: Use the up/down arrow keys to arrange the mods in the following load order:

Miscellaneous - Red Werewolf
Miscellaneous - CHaOS (Character Overhaul Seven)
Gameplay - Difficulty and Story
Battle Models - Weapons
Any order thereafter (I go alphabetically)

So, your load order should be:
Miscellaneous - CHaOS (Character Overhaul Seven)
Gameplay - Difficulty and Story
Battle Models - Weapons
Any order thereafter (I go alphabetically)

Rukenu

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2015-02-21 16:49:27 »
Im having some problems using 7 Nightmare, with a random battle in the savepoint area before activate the bomb it crash leaving this message: ERROR: could not open file ENEMY483.D.

I've searched it and seems like its a problem with the sweeper model and i didnt change it, it's on the first in the load order also.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-21 17:06:47 by Rukenu »

Mugetsu

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2015-02-22 17:32:42 »
hey all, ive been using 7h along with most mods that come with the iro catalog, only one i dont have are the red werewolf and the gameplay mods, since its my first playthrough of final fantasy 7. now i followed the instructions and got it installed without any problems, load order is like what they said it should be (in my case :chaos mod first sinve i dont hgave the werwolf or gameplay mods, followed by the battle models-weapons, after that i putted them alphabetical order, animations, battle mod... etc. my question is, is this correct? because im experiencing some isseus wich i havent been able to fix by changing the load order, also have tried to use different settings in the mods configure page, the isseu is this, when i enter certain areas or use certain spells it show a message in the left corner of my screen saying : Glitch/ missing pallette to write external.... it goes away pretty fast so havent been able to remember the full line, the other one with spells says something about error; missing color pallete. the glitch part is written in yellow. the error in red. im thinking this has something to do with field textures and the error might be connected to the spell mod? im a beginnner at pc modding and such so i rlly read topics about this to fix it myself to get some experience with this stuff but after a month now i havent been able to find the problem, might be hellpfull to note ive never used any other mods for the game, i even deleted all final fantasy files and did a fresh install before installing the 7heaven tool, just to be sure i had a fresh start. i checked the settings in workshop to be sure, but they are what they need to be. am i missing something here, or is it normal to have those messages from time to time? sometimes animations would skip aswell and enemies who have been killed would still be on screen, after putting the battle speed back to normal in the animations mod i havent got this isseu anymore.also when going to fight jenova the first time i never had jenova as bossbattle, instead jenova showed up as random enemies and the random enemies became the bossbattle, wich for me was kinda fun though haha grinding jenova, butt still just wanted to point the jenova problem out aswell, might be helpfull for some ppl i dont know.

ty for taking your time reading this and thank you all modders for your hard work.

ps. im not native english speaking, so please excuse my type errors , if i made one, wich i probably did :)

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2015-02-22 18:38:55 »
Hm, well something seems off.  I have my load order as instructed and alphabetical .  The main menu seems to have no replacement background, neither do the character avatars.   I wonder what I have done wrong..

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2015-02-22 18:50:08 »
Im having some problems using 7 Nightmare, with a random battle in the savepoint area before activate the bomb it crash leaving this message: ERROR: could not open file ENEMY483.D.

I've searched it and seems like its a problem with the sweeper model and i didnt change it, it's on the first in the load order also.

N7 is incomplete and I think Tenku has stopped working on it. I should just exclude it from the Catalog until it gets finished, if ever, since I can't really offer support for an unfinished mod. This all was announced after I made the Catalog live, so I thought perhaps it would have periodic updates as time went on. New Threat and Hardcore are the most complete and playable, so I'd recommend either of those.

hey all, ive been using 7h along with most mods that come with the iro catalog, only one i dont have are the red werewolf and the gameplay mods, since its my first playthrough of final fantasy 7. now i followed the instructions and got it installed without any problems, load order is like what they said it should be (in my case :chaos mod first sinve i dont hgave the werwolf or gameplay mods, followed by the battle models-weapons, after that i putted them alphabetical order, animations, battle mod... etc. my question is, is this correct? because im experiencing some isseus wich i havent been able to fix by changing the load order, also have tried to use different settings in the mods configure page, the isseu is this, when i enter certain areas or use certain spells it show a message in the left corner of my screen saying : Glitch/ missing pallette to write external.... it goes away pretty fast so havent been able to remember the full line, the other one with spells says something about error; missing color pallete. the glitch part is written in yellow. the error in red. im thinking this has something to do with field textures and the error might be connected to the spell mod? im a beginnner at pc modding and such so i rlly read topics about this to fix it myself to get some experience with this stuff but after a month now i havent been able to find the problem, might be hellpfull to note ive never used any other mods for the game, i even deleted all final fantasy files and did a fresh install before installing the 7heaven tool, just to be sure i had a fresh start. i checked the settings in workshop to be sure, but they are what they need to be. am i missing something here, or is it normal to have those messages from time to time? sometimes animations would skip aswell and enemies who have been killed would still be on screen, after putting the battle speed back to normal in the animations mod i havent got this isseu anymore.also when going to fight jenova the first time i never had jenova as bossbattle, instead jenova showed up as random enemies and the random enemies became the bossbattle, wich for me was kinda fun though haha grinding jenova, butt still just wanted to point the jenova problem out aswell, might be helpfull for some ppl i dont know.

ty for taking your time reading this and thank you all modders for your hard work.

ps. im not native english speaking, so please excuse my type errors , if i made one, wich i probably did :)

The palette errors are the mods themselves, and Aali made the drive report it on the first passage. Anytime you bring up those texture palettes again, it will not report anymore. Aali has made those messages permanent and there is no way to turn them off unfortunately.

The battle speed option is buggy. They are still working on a mod to make the game 60 fps, so I'd play with it off until it's complete.

The Jenova boss puzzles me since you aren't using any difficulty options from Gameplay - Difficulty and Story.

Hm, well something seems off.  I have my load order as instructed and alphabetical .  The main menu seems to have no replacement background, neither do the character avatars.   I wonder what I have done wrong..

Has to be your Workshop -> Settings. Recheck all the paths.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-22 18:51:54 by EQ2Alyza »

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2015-02-22 19:06:13 »
Aha! Could be because the Library location isn't in the mod's folder. 

C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th heaven  <--Library path

C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7.exe  <--Exe path

C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\bootleg  <-- Aali path

C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\movies  <-- Movies path

Could be because I had bootleg modifications saved in the folder from the last time I ran bootleg and freshened everything.   I had menu overhaul selected, had avatars .  I may have to do another reinstall and start over from there again.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-22 19:45:08 by Sora123masta »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2015-02-22 20:14:59 »
The Game_Converter_7H.exe will setup the Aali path with a folder to mods\Textures and edit mod_path = Textures within ff7_opengl.cfg. It can be any folder you want, such as mods/bootleg, but have that folder empty and the mod_path pointing to it. This is one of the many manual steps to setup 7H that I had done automatically with the GC 7H version.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2015-02-22 20:19:49 »
Oh okay.  I had to follow a different step because the way yours is, it doesn't exactly run well on my system and whenever I start the game, it has issues with trying to run smoothly. I think it's from the shaders and post processing.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2015-02-22 20:48:54 »
The shaders aren't permanent. Just disable them in the Workshop -> OpenGL driver configuration.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2015-02-22 20:53:45 »
Okay, I will mess around and see what else I can find. 

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2015-02-22 20:56:23 »
Bootleg also has several shader options, so you can grab them all from it and try them out.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2015-02-22 21:00:57 »
Alright. I just wanna test things out, see how it goes. I am so sorry if my posts become rather annoying.  I just want to help in any way that I can, list some things from time to time and see if something could be done. You all work so hard and I as one of the players, appreciate your efforts.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2015-02-22 22:04:37 »
I found out what my issue was with your converter. It wasn't the post processing. It was the internal resolution. So yay normal again. xD Well,  I have this set up,  the textures folder blank,  bootleg folder blank,  activated backgrounds, avatars and credits. Nothing seems to have changed.    I also wanted to do an installation with Reunion for the retranslation, but also do the menu overhaul so it'll fix with 7th heaven's deal.  But, apparently it crashes when I load a save.  Or when I try to go into the menu.  But, if I put the mod path back to textures, it'll look odd.   

Edit:  I made sure to clean my registry with both offered tools before reinstalling and all.  I wonder...

Edit 2:  Okay,  I guess I have to go from scratch AGAIN.  These two in the picture provided should not be doing the Vincent dance.  e.e And the battleswirl shouldn't be so fast. I can't even see my save model change from the original to one of mike's save models, nor the materia. My load order is as instructed with everything else in alphabetical order.

« Last Edit: 2015-02-23 14:49:06 by Sora123masta »

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2015-02-22 22:24:31 »
In Menu overhaul, how can I switch between FFIX and FFX battle menu style ?

Just waiting for Retranslation R02c and NT1.3 now :)
« Last Edit: 2015-02-22 22:44:18 by ManuBBXX »

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2015-02-24 06:52:49 »
So do i, waiting for 1.3 update, hope it will coming fast now :)

masamunex

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2015-02-27 12:37:30 »
7th Heaven not working help pls!

System.ArgumentNullException: Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein.
Parametername: path1
   bei System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   bei Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.<VerifySettings>d__2.MoveNext() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Settings.cs:Zeile 48.
   bei System.String.Join(String separator, IEnumerable`1 values)
   bei Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:Zeile 120.
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

FF7 game converter worked fine but when i clicked on 7th Heaven exe with admin this error message came
also its the steam version and i have steam and the game installed on D if thats important
and is it possible that i need to first run the game onece for it to work if yes is it before or after i used the FF7 game converter?
i got the game from german steam store but updated its language to english will it count as english version?