Author Topic: FF7 on PS3  (Read 11827 times)

Lionfist

• View Profile
FF7 on PS3
« on: 2009-06-22 22:39:51 »
So I just got FF7 via the PSN-Store on my PS3, the question is kinda simple "would it be possible to get stuff like the phoenix patch or AZNs model" on it,or better,would it be possible to work on a way for it?
I always play the game on my laptop but its way more comfortable in front of the PS3.
But i have no clue about that stuff, so i just ask 'cus I'm curious  :wink:

Greets, Lionfist.

koral

Re: FF7 on PS3
« Reply #1 on: 2009-06-22 22:52:16 »
No, not possible.  :-)

The PS3 version is based on the original PSX version, and the patches you talked about only work on the PC.

But even if there were patches for the PSX version, the answer would still be NO.
The PS3 is the only "next-gen" console which still hasn't been hacked, which is really quite an amazing feat.
(as far as I know from the last time I checked, that is. Things might have changed by now, although i doubt it)

It might be possible to patch it if you transfered it for the PSP though

Yuffie_Lover

« Reply #2 on: 2009-06-22 22:54:35 »
isn't it possible to hook your PC up to your TV..
you just need the right kind of video card...
it was on that FFVI Definitive (or what ever) thread.....
I hope some one can explain it better than me!
lol.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-06-22 22:54:47 »
There isn't any way to use mods that increase any file sizes with the PSX version of the game (without rearranging everything on the disc), so I wouldn't get my hopes up for this.

The PSX version does support things like hardcore mods and translations, as long as no files are made bigger.

However, I imagine that it will be different with the PSN version of the PSX game, so what I've said might not apply. Still, don't get your hopes up for graphics mods.

Come to think of it, has anyone done any modding or reverse engineering of the PSN release of the game? (I don't have it myself; wrong side of the Atlantic) It would be interesting to see whether the modding limitations of the PSX version are gone, but I somehow get the feeling that modding will, if anything, be harder for it.

EDIT:

No, not possible.  :-)

The PS3 version is based on the original PSX version, and the patches you talked about only work on the PC.

But even if there were patches for the PSX version, the answer would still be NO.
The PS3 is the only "next-gen" console which still hasn't been hacked, which is really quite an amazing feat.
(as far as I know from the last time I checked, that is. Things might have changed by now, although i doubt it)

It might be possible to patch it if you transfered it for the PSP though

I thought so  :cry:

isn't it possible to hook your PC up to your TV..
you just need the right kind of video card...
it was on that FFVI Definitive (or what ever) thread.....
I hope some one can explain it better than me!
lol.

Yep, there's no reason why you can't play the PC version on your TV; I think someone on these forums made a video of himself playing it on an HDTV with a 1920x1080 display.

If you can get a PS3 controller to work for FFVII on the PC (I'm told that PS3 controllers can work for some games; they are USB controllers, after all), then the experience of playing the PC version won't be any different from that of playing the PS3 version
« Last Edit: 2009-06-22 22:59:35 by Kudistos Megistos »

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-06-22 23:10:06 »
Well i have bought it. Tried it with a program to seprate the discs and modded it slighty remade it into a giant EBOOT file stuck it on my psp and it worked! haven't tried on my ps3 though.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-06-22 23:11:09 »
Question: Does the PSN version use Aerith or Aeris, and does it fix translation errors that were fixed in the PC version?

Lionfist

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-06-22 23:14:48 »
Question: Does the PSN version use Aerith or Aeris, and does it fix translation errors that were fixed in the PC version?

lmao im sorry but i have the german version (Psn,not pc) :p so i have no idea if the english translation errors got fixed etc.

-
I thought the biggest change to the PSX version is that the game itself boots of the HDD and it isn't restricted to the cd's, same for the data etc.
I could be totally wrong with my logic tho.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-06-22 23:16:43 »

There's a discussion about changes on the Neoseeker FFVII forum:

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1169/t1373026-discussion-ffvii-psn-differences/

It seems that very few changes were made, and that the magic defence bug is still there (if true, that's really annoying  :x )

EDIT:

It's still Aeris
« Last Edit: 2009-06-22 23:31:02 by Kudistos Megistos »

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-06-23 00:47:13 »
And apparently they've changed a lot of the speech but Aerith still says "This guy are sick". That's hilarious.

BTW, it's available on both sides of the atlantic for those that didn't know.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-06-23 00:57:04 »
BTW, it's available on both sides of the atlantic for those that didn't know.

Ah, so it is! :-)

I'm so used to there being a six month delay...  :roll:

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #10 on: 2009-06-23 01:02:43 »
All those "changes" ain't new stuff. It's the same thing we got when Sony localized it for the European territory.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-06-23 19:19:31 »
All those "changes" ain't new stuff. It's the same thing we got when Sony localized it for the European territory.

So - effecitvely, the English version they've released is actually the European version? For everyone?

This makes me laugh. Chuckle chuckle.

koral

« Reply #12 on: 2009-06-23 19:53:27 »
Japan got FF7:International, the Japanese version. I am 99% sure. I think.
But I have no idea about the US version though.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-06-23 22:56:24 »
Japan got FF7:International, the Japanese version. I am 99% sure. I think.
But I have no idea about the US version though.

I'm also sure that Japan got FF7 international. The "international" version that was released in Japan included the WEAPON's (Ruby, Emerald) that weren't in the original Japanese version, but were included in the NA and European versions.

What's confusing me about this is that there may have been changes between FF7's release in NA and Europe (I have the European version, as I'm from the UK), can anyone confirm this? If so, was FF7 International a Japanese release of the European version or the NA version? And which version was the PC release based on if the latter adds up?

Just out of interest :P I've noticed there are a good few differences in dialogue between the EU PSX version of FF7 that I own and the PC Version that I own. I wonder if thats because the PC Version is in fact a port of the American one? Pshah.

koral

« Reply #14 on: 2009-06-23 23:06:15 »
I am sure the Japanese International version was based on the Euro one and not the NA.

I'm just like you. I have the PSX PAL (Euro) version too and I also thought it was peculiar that the PC version wasn't the same.
But the WEAPONS are present in the PC version too, right?

I am so confused  :lol:

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-06-23 23:14:59 »
The WEAPONS are definitely in the PC version, although I'm not sure why you're asking; they're in the American version as well (I think that 10 was the only game where we got lots of lovely new enemies)  :-P

I wonder why they would change some things in the PAL version but not fix the really glaring errors?  :?

And why they didn't fix the spellings (I want some armour, so that I can raise my defence)  :lol:

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-06-24 00:00:50 »
The WEAPONS are definitely in the PC version, although I'm not sure why you're asking; they're in the American version as well (I think that 10 was the only game where we got lots of lovely new enemies)  :-P

I wonder why they would change some things in the PAL version but not fix the really glaring errors?  :?

And why they didn't fix the spellings (I want some armour, so that I can raise my defence)  :lol:

:lol: Indeed.

Yes, the weapons are present in all versions post-initial Japanese release. However I just thought it was peculiar that there are a few dialogue differences between FF7PC and FF7 PSX PAL.

I'm rather happy to know that Koral noticed these too, and that it was not just my personal insanity causing me to see things from staring at blue for so long.

It's not even just mild spelling errors, its completely different sentences among other things. I'm struggling to think of an example at the moment because I haven't played my PSX version for over 5 years, though I still have it and it still works thankfully.

Is the PC dialogue synonymous with the NA NTSC PSX FF7 release? [Thats a shengus-load of abbreviations...]

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-06-24 04:54:37 »
No, it wasn't. The PC version fixed some of the mistakes that made the PSX version so touph to tolerate.

Alkor

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009-06-25 09:11:30 »
Can someone tell me wtf is FF7 from PSN?o_O

It's remake FF7 or just old FF& for PSP and PS3? :|

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009-06-25 09:14:48 »