Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4972277 times)

Gatchaman

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.3)
« Reply #1625 on: 2015-07-18 22:30:32 »
Great news! Downloading this now. It'll be good to see the new features!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: 2015-07-18 23:53:18 »
Almost forgot, the custom .exe will be 'officially' released tomorrow as well. It's basically just an optional thing for adjusted limit breaks, materia equip effects, etc.

Zartemis

• View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: 2015-07-19 01:58:06 »
Question of the hour: Are there any mods this is NOT compatible with? Namely graphical ones and such? I like muh pretties.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: 2015-07-19 01:58:52 »
You're amazing, Sega Chief. I can't express to you how much I've loved this mod and the changes that have been made to it over the short time I've been around. Here's to another blitz through the world of New Threat.   :-D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: 2015-07-19 02:10:14 »
Question of the hour: Are there any mods this is NOT compatible with? Namely graphical ones and such? I like muh pretties.

The mod is compatible with any graphical mods (battle, field, etc.) but be wary of using installers that overwrite the entire .lgp archive otherwise the assets that NT needs to function will be lost (if those installers only insert the files instead, or if it's through 7H/manually put together with a .lgp compiler, then it should be fine). Changing the field backgrounds should be okay as well.

As far as I know, it's not compatible with the Reunion's dialogue changes because there's quite a few field screens where the script has been shuffled about to make certain things possible like swapping party leaders, new events, etc. You'd also get things like some of the new spells being called 'Poison-Null' instead of, say, Hydro or Pearl for more confusion (NT replaces Poisona with Osmose on that Materia).

You're amazing, Sega Chief. I can't express to you how much I've loved this mod and the changes that have been made to it over the short time I've been around. Here's to another blitz through the world of New Threat.   :-D

Cheers, bud; just hope people enjoy the new system. Let me know if there's any problems, though.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: 2015-07-19 02:35:44 »
i've been trying to find a list of what exactly arrange does, but im not having much success.

should probably just play on normal anyway.

OnAnotherLeve1

• View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: 2015-07-19 02:41:31 »
This has been the first mod I've ever played and its really been incredibly enjoyable replaying ff7 this way.  Good stuff!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: 2015-07-19 03:13:04 »
For the moment, Arrange does the following:

-) It boosts the level of each enemy; this means they'll inflict more damage and be more evasive against magic attacks.
-) Enemies give 1.3x the EXP.
-) It 'unlocks' a special attack or AI for certain enemies (on average, one per 'area' and roughly half the bosses have something new).

The plan is to complete Arrange for the 1.4 update, where I'll be working on the flevel.

This has been the first mod I've ever played and its really been incredibly enjoyable replaying ff7 this way.  Good stuff!

Cheers, bud; hope it pans out well. Let me know if you run into any issues.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: 2015-07-19 05:04:16 »
so, what's tifa's current passive?

im getting focus stacks but i have no idea what im doing to get them

also just fought a random battle in train graveyard with 2 hounds, killed one hound and the battle ended
« Last Edit: 2015-07-19 05:07:43 by selius »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: 2015-07-19 05:41:28 »
Oh, I forgot to post the finalised list of innates:

-) Cloud: The copy thing took a tonne of space and was causing mass confusion due to it also copying the name of the character when listing the trigger (so it was tough to follow who had what). Instead, he now has a chance to get a Fortify stack that boosts his level when he takes magical damage/effects.

-) Barret: Same as before; defensive stacks when hit in the back row, strength stacks when he's in the front row with both overriding each other.

-) Tifa: Whenever the Sense command is used by any character, she gets a one-off boost to STR called a Focus stack. Originally, the idea was going to be spacing these out into multiple stacks and using something like the Defend command instead but I had trouble getting it to recognise when she used the command, rather than just anybody, which derailed it a bit.

-) Aeris: Slowly regenerates MP, 1 MP per 'tick'.

-) Red XIII: Slowly builds Strength and Magic over time (similar to the Behemoth enemy in NT), but loses these stacks if KO'd.

-) Yuffie: When hit by a physical attack, has a chance to raise physical evasion to 255%; this effect is lost if she is hit by any magical attack/effect.

-) Cait Sith: Rage system made it into the final build. Use the Morph command on Cait Sith when he is under one of these four statuses:

Poison: Absorbs Poison (poison ticks will heal him too), will use Bio2 on all opponents.

Fury: Gains Barrier, will start to use 2x-Cut on random targets

Silence: Attack & Magic set to 10, will start to use Mime command

Sadness: Gains MBarrier, will attack a random target and then Defend

-) Vincent: Will nullify Fire, Bolt, and Poison; also starts each battle with the Death Force status.

-) Cid: When in critical HP, and hit by a physical attack, Cid's Luck stat will double one time.

Edit:

also just fought a random battle in train graveyard with 2 hounds, killed one hound and the battle ended

Sounds odd; I think I changed the name of those graveyard enemies (I replaced the Sweeper there with a 'junked' version) but I can't recall if I did something to the formation or AI as well. I'll have a look.

Edit 2: Fought the encounter and checked the formation/AI but didn't see anything out of place. Are you playing on Arrange?
« Last Edit: 2015-07-19 05:48:46 by Sega Chief »

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: 2015-07-19 05:48:17 »

-) Tifa: Whenever the Sense command is used by any character, she gets a one-off boost to STR called a Focus stack. Originally, the idea was going to be spacing these out into multiple stacks and using something like the Defend command instead but I had trouble getting it to recognise when she used the command, rather than just anybody, which derailed it a bit.

oh. well, strawberries. it's a long time til we get added cut aint it.

seems to be a pretty hefty amount. im guessing 30 str?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: 2015-07-19 05:53:49 »
The thing to remember is that Tifa doesn't have to use Sense; any of the party can use the command and she'll get the bonus (which is kind of the reason why my idea for using Defend as a way to build stacks kind of went out the window; but if I ever figure it out/the kernel magically expands to give more space then you never know).

Added Cut is unlocked by beating Barbariccia GT in the Extra Battle; so Disc 2 post-Mideel at the earliest, I think. Although it'll be tougher than story bosses at that point. I might move it back earlier so that hybrid STR/MAG builds can make earlier use of it.

But let me know if any other irregularities pop up. Only thing I can think of as far as that Guard Hound glitch goes is a dodgy install, mod conflict (somehow), or the Arrange AI though it's fairly basic and shouldn't cause the enemy to stop functioning altogether.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-19 05:55:30 by Sega Chief »

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: 2015-07-19 06:04:14 »
@Sega Chief
For reference, when is the first instance of SP? I'm just making my way to the 2nd reactor (in Arrange) and I realized I wouldn't know if an SP trigger didn't go off.

Also, Cloud can gain a stack of Fortify from spells such as Barrier and MBarrier. I think this is hilarious and fun.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-19 12:20:09 by Bowser9 »

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: 2015-07-19 06:07:51 »
yeah, i can't reproduce that hound glitch. had 2 more battles with em where it went fine.

playing on normal.

the only thing was, is that tifa was the first to act, and she instagibbed it with a crit. battle end.

i have no other mods installed. im too stupid to figure out bootleg or 7h. i really want some updated models and graphics too :/

are the text changes recent or was i just not paying attention the first time i played through o.O

i like the touch ups. some lines just made no sense

aeris' starter weapon is useless. healing a whole 20 hp before barrier. and your allies dodge it to boot.

game over'd twice from a hell house. running away from these retarded ferning things from now on

it seems barret gains sp if you tell don cornholio that you like him lol. when i got popped down into the sewers after having said that, i could rank him up. without saying it i can't.

mostly pointless bug: if you give tifa 216+ str, and activate focus, her str goes down to 1 or something. she does like 7 dmg. (focus adds 40 for the entire battle)
« Last Edit: 2015-07-19 13:24:04 by selius »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: 2015-07-19 15:34:23 »
@Sega Chief
For reference, when is the first instance of SP? I'm just making my way to the 2nd reactor (in Arrange) and I realized I wouldn't know if an SP trigger didn't go off.

Also, Cloud can gain a stack of Fortify from spells such as Barrier and MBarrier. I think this is hilarious and fun.

You gain SP whenever a boss is defeated but there are some other places where it accrues; throughout Midgar and up until the Gold Saucer date, dialog options will give Barret, Tifa, Aeris, and Yuffie 1-2 extra points each time. I think in total it all adds up to 1 whole extra rank or so for one of them, assuming you focus on that character.

And yeah, I noticed that with Fortify too; I left it as is because, y'know.

yeah, i can't reproduce that hound glitch. had 2 more battles with em where it went fine.

playing on normal.

the only thing was, is that tifa was the first to act, and she instagibbed it with a crit. battle end.

i have no other mods installed. im too stupid to figure out bootleg or 7h. i really want some updated models and graphics too :/

are the text changes recent or was i just not paying attention the first time i played through o.O

i like the touch ups. some lines just made no sense

aeris' starter weapon is useless. healing a whole 20 hp before barrier. and your allies dodge it to boot.

game over'd twice from a hell house. running away from these retarded ferning things from now on

it seems barret gains sp if you tell don cornholio that you like him lol. when i got popped down into the sewers after having said that, i could rank him up. without saying it i can't.

mostly pointless bug: if you give tifa 216+ str, and activate focus, her str goes down to 1 or something. she does like 7 dmg. (focus adds 40 for the entire battle)

Originally, Aeris' healing weapons were set to Cure formulas but she was healing up about 5-700 each time which was a bit much. If she has her STR built through Rank-Up I think it might start to catch up a bit, and could be handy when used with things like Slash-All.

The Hell House? I suppose they could be dangerous when fighting them with two people.

How did you get Tifa to have 216+ strength that early in the game? Or is this from a more advanced save file? Either way, I'll add a fail-safe for the stat if it's rolling over, something that catches it if it goes over the threshold (though it shouldn't be possible to reach the threshold for Strength/Magic under the new system).

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: 2015-07-19 15:52:03 »
i was just trying to find out the focus amount since you didn't tell me how much it was and found that out.

figured if i put her strength to a ~230ish number i'd be able to see when damage stopped increasing.

go figure morphing a hell house gave me a nice tifa wep.

will characters hit rank 8 typically? now im worried i didn't choose the right options for tifa on some of my aeris dialogue choices...

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: 2015-07-19 15:57:24 »
Hey SC,

I was thinking about going through a second playthrough with the new 1.35 changes on arrange. I know that hasn't been tweaked as fully as normal though. To your knowledge, is a full playthrough possible on it without any major, game breaking bugs etc?

I've been busy  the past couple months with IRL stuff so I've fallen behind on a lot of the re-balancing that 1.35 brings so I apologise if this was explained in pages past but I just want to double check, is double cut supposed to hurt both allies and enemies now?

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: 2015-07-19 16:01:48 »
Hey Chief thank you for the update I was wondering have you been able to make this into a IRO file for 7th heaven installation.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: 2015-07-19 17:12:43 »
i was just trying to find out the focus amount since you didn't tell me how much it was and found that out.

figured if i put her strength to a ~230ish number i'd be able to see when damage stopped increasing.

go figure morphing a hell house gave me a nice tifa wep.

will characters hit rank 8 typically? now im worried i didn't choose the right options for tifa on some of my aeris dialogue choices...

Well, gotta keep some secrets; even if it's only for a few hours before someone works it out :p

Don't worry, a scenario where characters can't reach Rank 8 isn't possible. Between Dark Cave and the extra bosses, you'll likely reach Rank 7/8 with ease. If anyone doesn't reach Rank 8, then there's repeatable SP to be gained from Junon Leagues or the regular Battle Square (Leagues give about 5 for tier 1, 10 for tier 2 and you only need 30 SP per rank; just remember to send the character that needs the SP).

Hey SC,

I was thinking about going through a second playthrough with the new 1.35 changes on arrange. I know that hasn't been tweaked as fully as normal though. To your knowledge, is a full playthrough possible on it without any major, game breaking bugs etc?

I've been busy  the past couple months with IRL stuff so I've fallen behind on a lot of the re-balancing that 1.35 brings so I apologise if this was explained in pages past but I just want to double check, is double cut supposed to hurt both allies and enemies now?

Arrange should work, it's just not as extensive as I want it to be. At the moment it only affects enemy AI/attacks. As for Double-Cut, that shouldn't be hurting allies but I think I unlocked the targeting so that it could be used on allies if the player targets them. Has something gone wrong with it?

Hey Chief thank you for the update I was wondering have you been able to make this into a IRO file for 7th heaven installation.

Alyza is working on updating the 7H version of the mod, I sent across the new files used in 1.35 today.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: 2015-07-19 18:21:08 »
Cheers Chief for the heads up I will till the 7th heaven update, but really looking forward to playing this and thank you for all your hard work. ;D

MetaSieg

• View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: 2015-07-19 18:26:49 »
Hey Sega Chief, I found some minor bugs:

At the beginners hall when talking to that guy next to the dog, as you go through the tutorial topics Barret's animation gets faster and faster. It gets pretty crazy by the end.

Also at the save point before plasmabuster the rank up option doesn't do anything, I don't think you could rank up then anyway but still. 

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: 2015-07-19 18:54:45 »
Oh, that's not a bug. In the original game, if you go through all of the tutorials with the guy Barret's animations will get faster and faster (probably to show him becoming more and more exasperated). In NT, the tutorials are done via field text rather than a Menu script so it's likely just more noticeable.

I probably forgot to enable the rank up for that save point; but you're right. Earliest rank up I think comes after Reno though Tifa, Barret, or Aeris might be able to rank up a little sooner.

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: 2015-07-19 19:02:39 »
The 2x cut when it's selected has the cursor alternate between all allies and all enemies at some speed. I've tried timing it to hit all opponents but it'll still sometimes result in the character first slugging an ally before sending the second hit to an enemy.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: 2015-07-19 20:21:11 »
That wasn't intended, it looks like I've set the flags wrong. I'll correct it.

MetaSieg

• View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: 2015-07-19 20:35:20 »
I probably forgot to enable the rank up for that save point; but you're right. Earliest rank up I think comes after Reno though Tifa, Barret, or Aeris might be able to rank up a little sooner.

If you mean the first Reno fight then I can confirm that you can rank up before that. I just got to Wall Market and both Barret and Aeris have gone up one rank. Barret right after the church & Aeris when I got to Wall Market.