Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4972089 times)

zaironbobobo

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #2150 on: 2015-10-28 22:36:54 »
Eww, i ended the game without arrange mode so i decided to start it in arrange mode, now im at disc 3 and i went to the special battles in gold saucer. Any info on why the barbariccia GT boss (i guess the same for the other bosses) that was giving me 50k exp each time i killed him is only giving me 3500 more or less in arrange? it's on purpose or i have done something wrong?

Thx.

EarthPhantomTS

• View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: 2015-10-29 00:54:47 »
hey sega chief

the save point in the first floor of sierra mason is very huge

can you fix that problem please

Oh yeah!  I actually got a laugh out of that!  I vote it not be fixed :-P!

Not sure if it's intentional or not, but because of the "level cap" (If ((Self.Level > 44)){   Self.Level <- 44} )
the level based attacks are working strangely, making L2 Germinate (Variablis) always hit, and all L5 and L3 attacks will always miss.
I didn't think of that. The only thing I really kept in mind with it was the Steal/Manip chances; thanks for letting me know.

I'd just like to point out that it's not really any different from the original game.  Just that, with 99 as the max level, any L3 attack always works, and L2, L4, and L5 attacks always fail.  So you don't need to "fix" anything here I don't think.
« Last Edit: 2015-10-29 00:56:38 by EarthPhantomTS »

ajural

• View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: 2015-10-29 09:07:23 »
I'd just like to point out that it's not really any different from the original game.  Just that, with 99 as the max level, any L3 attack always works, and L2, L4, and L5 attacks always fail.  So you don't need to "fix" anything here I don't think.

But that's true for level 99 only, while for this mod we're talking about every level from 44 to 99 being immune to L3 and L5, and always getting hit by L4 and L2, so MUCH earlier.
And even for level 99 in the original game, it still made sense, because you actually were 99, it didn't silently cap you at level 92 and cause a bit of confusion why certain L attacks hit even though they shouldn't and vice versa
« Last Edit: 2015-10-29 09:10:08 by ajural »

bankai7

• View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: 2015-10-29 09:19:41 »
Hi there,

I'm playing the Nt mod version, and it just happen that there are items needed for the best weapons which i can't find in the game. For example Ragnarok's, wizard staff, and so on. If there is, could someone tell me where please? I'm on disc 3.

Thanks in advance.

EarthPhantomTS

• View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: 2015-10-29 11:10:32 »
But that's true for level 99 only, while for this mod we're talking about every level from 44 to 99 being immune to L3 and L5, and always getting hit by L4 and L2, so MUCH earlier.
And even for level 99 in the original game, it still made sense, because you actually were 99, it didn't silently cap you at level 92 and cause a bit of confusion why certain L attacks hit even though they shouldn't and vice versa

Oh, okay.  Didn't understand you at first ^^;!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: 2015-10-29 14:06:59 »
Eww, i ended the game without arrange mode so i decided to start it in arrange mode, now im at disc 3 and i went to the special battles in gold saucer. Any info on why the barbariccia GT boss (i guess the same for the other bosses) that was giving me 50k exp each time i killed him is only giving me 3500 more or less in arrange? it's on purpose or i have done something wrong?

Thx.

I think I've made a mistake with the EXP multiplier; it seems that there's a limit on how much can be earned in a fight before it 'overflows' back down to a low number (this is especially noticeable when EXP Plus is equipped). Because the Disc 3 enemies give quite a high base of EXP, Arrange is now giving much much less as a result; I could make a quick patch tonight that gets rid of the EXP multiplier for Disc 3 enemies? Quick-fix, but it should do the job.

I'll need to do something about it, but what I'll likely do is just ditch L? attacks altogether; I've never been overly fond of them.

Hi there,

I'm playing the Nt mod version, and it just happen that there are items needed for the best weapons which i can't find in the game. For example Ragnarok's, wizard staff, and so on. If there is, could someone tell me where please? I'm on disc 3.

Thanks in advance.

The majority of Crater enemies will morph into one of the weapons needed (Ragnarok, etc.) The rest come from Morphing Extra Battle bosses. As for the third and final item, these are obtained from specific enemies usually as a drop. A lot of them are in Dark Cave (unmissable), one was dropped by Ultimate Weapon, one by Cait Sith's L4 Limit Boss, another by Aeris' L4 Limit Boss, etc.

It's not a great way to do it, though. I'm reworking the locations for them all in 1.4; I think the Crater enemy Morphs will stay, but as Extra Battle is getting broken up and removed the weapons/Materia from that will likely be placed back so they can be picked up and be dished out in actual sidequests.

bankai7

• View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: 2015-10-29 14:39:03 »
Thanks a lot for the complete answer :)

I've just tried dark cave and oh god, couldn't keep at it. By the way i take the chance to ask you if there is a chance to have hp plus materia on this version? MP plus i already got it, but what could come really in hand, would be the first one.

Also, a doubt about Junon leagues, i can make the 2 first dificulty modes, the 3rd and next ones aren't available, is there a specific way to access it?
« Last Edit: 2015-10-29 14:48:45 by bankai7 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: 2015-10-29 19:43:15 »
Thanks a lot for the complete answer :)

I've just tried dark cave and oh god, couldn't keep at it. By the way i take the chance to ask you if there is a chance to have hp plus materia on this version? MP plus i already got it, but what could come really in hand, would be the first one.

Also, a doubt about Junon leagues, i can make the 2 first dificulty modes, the 3rd and next ones aren't available, is there a specific way to access it?

HP Plus was removed in the first build, but it would be pretty handy now considering the HP situation. There's nowhere to obtain it in-game, however (only a save editor can add it back in). I'd made a patch to try and fix the HP issue but it unfortunately didn't take for save files that had already made significant progress through the game; I'd expected it to correct on a level up like the EXP or the other stats but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work the same way.

The Junon Leagues are incomplete; only the first two brackets were made, with the rest kind of falling by the wayside. I'm renovating them just now to make them faster to play through overall (less competitors, about 4 or 5) but with all the brackets implemented and the lower ones being do-able much earlier in the game. I was also thinking of moving the NPCs that trigger it over to the base of Fort Condor, so that the teleport NPC that helps with backtracking to do the Fort Condor minigames much faster/easier, can also provide fast access to Leagues at the same time.

bankai7

• View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: 2015-10-29 21:22:33 »
Yeah you bet, i mean, Cloud is lv 94 with 3200 +- hp.. ahah for example, like that i can't handle the guardians on the caves and the sidequest boss's, even with Final atack and quadra magic. W -summon without KOR, can't find it much usefull, aparently.

That's a shame, well, anyways, you're doing your best. Excelent job, keep at it ;)

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: 2015-10-29 21:26:34 »
@Sega Chief
Saw the Youtube update. Grit sounds awesome. Reminds me of Breath of Fire 2. RIP focus and its early game damage spike, though.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: 2015-10-29 21:51:14 »
@Sega Chief
Saw the Youtube update. Grit sounds awesome. Reminds me of Breath of Fire 2. RIP focus and its early game damage spike, though.

Oh yeah, I better mention the new Innates for 1.4; here's the changes:

Barret: Slightly better defence boost per stack

Tifa [New] - Grit: When KO'd, she'll auto-revive with 1HP, retaining buffs + Limit gauge.

Aeris [New] - Geo(mancer) Stance: When using Defend, Aeris will absorb Fire, Ice, Bolt, Earth, Water, Wind, and Holy. This might be extended to cover Poison, Gravity, and Hidden (which is treated as the opposite of Holy in this mod) if Kernel space allows.

Red XIII: Boost can go up to 50, but builds slower.

Yuffie [New] - Reactive Evade: When hit by a damage type, Yuffie gains an evasion bonus against that damage type (physical or magical). She can only have one of them active at any time, and gaining one will cancel the other. It isn't 255% like Perfect Dodge, but it does give a noticeable boost.

Cait Sith [New] - MPgen: As much as I liked the idea of a Rage system, it was too cumbersome and space limitations ultimately killed it. The new innate compliments his role as a potential tank; once a tick, he'll gain HP back equal to his Current MP.

Vincent [New] - MP Regen: He's inherited Aeris' passive MP regen, except it now recovers 5MP per tick instead of 1MP. Still working on a way to make it based off his level (his true level, rather than the adjusted Synch one) but MP values seem a bit finicky when it comes to accepting other values. If anyone with AI experience knows why this is or a potential solution then it'd be appreciated.

Cid [New] - Luck Boost: Still not decided on this one, he gains +5 Luck as a battle goes on. I still need to test if this can go to 510 or if the stat is capped to 255. Might reinstate the old one, but trying to go for smaller script size and I was advised to avoid using ones that encourage keeping characters at low HP. Let me know what your thoughts are.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: 2015-10-30 02:18:08 »
does tifa passive purge off debuffs?

revive at 1 hp then die to poison
« Last Edit: 2015-10-30 02:20:09 by selius »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: 2015-10-30 02:20:03 »
Oh yeah, didn't think of that. I'll add two lines to take off Dual-Drain & Poison to avoid that. I'd better check some of the others like Death Sentence and Regen too just in case something weird happens.

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: 2015-10-30 09:08:47 »
I'm wondering if Cait Sith's will be too strong, I guess we'll see. If he's regenerating 100+ hp per tick, he's going to be incredibly tough. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something or just overestimating.
If it is too powerful, capping his max hp could limit how much he can absorb in one attack, or giving him lower defences/ defence options could increase the damage he takes (high hp loss AND gain)!

I think putting the regen Innates on 'later' characters is a good way to work out the balance a bit to avoid them being too powerful when hp/mp values are so small in the very early game.

With Vincent, could you use his limit level to scale the regen? Might clash with your idea to use his limits to reduce their charge time, if that is /gets implemented, though. (could potentially be a cool trade off, though)

Cid is still tricky to 'spot', I think. It's hard to know if your string of good luck is the stats helping, or if you're actually lucky! With equipment bonuses on his weaps and stuff it will make Cid appear strong all round though, and without using the same abilities as others. I think it's a good way of getting offence /defence bonus with one stat. Not as obvious as some of the others, but a decent bonus.
I agree that not making it encourage low hp will be good for players that like to be at full power (max hp, max stats, rather than trade offs), but I enjoy the riskiness (especially because with luck bonus you can get the thrill of dodging attacks which should kill ya).

Tifa's is elegant, and it avoids making her even beefier in attacking. I think it'll be a few people's favourite.

The others all sound great, especially Barret - I love his tankiness /damage option! More toughness is welcome!

I'm still quite early in my 3.5 run, just got the buggy, I think. I'll install the hp patch and keep on with it now I've got some time to play!

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: 2015-10-31 16:13:27 »
Is there any way to display a non second timer while in battle, like not 00:00 but something like 000 or 0000? Then is it possible to display text next to the timer?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: 2015-10-31 16:39:21 »
You'd probably need to change it in the .exe or something, it seems like the kind of thing to be hard-coded. As for displaying text next to a timer, an AI can print text that displays on screen briefly but if you want something to permanently show there then again it's an .EXE job.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: 2015-11-01 01:06:05 »
Getting Rank Up to work with displaying the current SP and what's needed for a Rank from a Save Point rather than having to jump into the actual Rank Up area itself to check proved to be less of a headache than I expected. Way it'll work is it displays all of the characters and a #/30 next to it; if the SP value is above 30, then a Rank can be bought. It'll deduct 30 from the variable whenever a rank is bought.

But I'll have to figure out what to do about the Date scene due to this change; it's not great if points for that are being deducted. Either I'll migrate the values to a new set of variables (at the cost of precious space), or I could have the player choose directly which date to get? It'd be a dialogue box similar to the one in the cell up on Floor 67 of Shinra HQ, when Cloud approaches the door and is prompted: 'I wonder how 'X' is doing'.

What do you guys think?

zaironbobobo

• View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: 2015-11-01 15:02:59 »
personally im ok with that, anyways when you play the game you actually know about the date thing, and you avoid being trolled by the game. Im in arrange mod and i was trying to get tifa to date, somehow ended up with yuffie, like wtf, not even in the party or whatever, i prefer to choose with a dialogue than being trolled haha.

By the way, ¿how is the exp patch for arrange going? see you!

EDIT: eww, you have to play tifa song in nibelheim with her as party leader to trigger the limit fight? and its a whole new song or the old one that have like some variations over the internet? lol.
someone feel free to paste the key input there, thanks
« Last Edit: 2015-11-01 19:07:12 by zaironbobobo »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: 2015-11-01 19:31:38 »
It's the same song as the original:

[Cancel], [Switch], [Menu], ([Page Up]+[Menu]), ([Page Up]+[Switch]), [Cancel], [Switch], [Menu], ([Page Up]+[Cancel]), [OK], [Cancel], [Switch], [Cancel]

If you're on a controller, then Switch is 'Square' and PageUp is 'R1'; for the '+' paired inputs, hold R1 then press the paired key to alter the note.

zaironbobobo

• View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: 2015-11-01 19:43:54 »
yeah, thanks,that was the input i was doing, somehow at the 20th try it worked, duh, i guess having to do at some speed was the issue. :)

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: 2015-11-01 20:39:32 »
hey sega chief

the save option on the disk change is still broken on your mod

i could not move the hand pointer to yes at all

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: 2015-11-01 21:48:25 »
Oh yeah, that. I'll catch it this time.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: 2015-11-01 22:00:22 »
Getting Rank Up to work with displaying the current SP and what's needed for a Rank from a Save Point rather than having to jump into the actual Rank Up area itself to check proved to be less of a headache than I expected. Way it'll work is it displays all of the characters and a #/30 next to it; if the SP value is above 30, then a Rank can be bought. It'll deduct 30 from the variable whenever a rank is bought.

But I'll have to figure out what to do about the Date scene due to this change; it's not great if points for that are being deducted. Either I'll migrate the values to a new set of variables (at the cost of precious space), or I could have the player choose directly which date to get? It'd be a dialogue box similar to the one in the cell up on Floor 67 of Shinra HQ, when Cloud approaches the door and is prompted: 'I wonder how 'X' is doing'.

What do you guys think?

I love Mr. Smiles, though.  :-\

Choosing directly who to date loses some of the charm of suddenly realizing where you screwed up your affection values, but I'm open to your proposed change if it means saving space. What will happen to the original dialogue options throughout disc 1? Will they still contribute to rank up?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: 2015-11-01 23:01:57 »
Rank Up is still done through the same way, it's just that you can check beforehand at a save point if you've got enough SP tallied to rank anyone up rather than having to jump back and forth.

The dialogue options will still accrue SP if we go with the pick your date option.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: 2015-11-01 23:53:07 »
hey sega chief

is there going to be patch out tomorrow or this week

to fix that save game disk change problem