Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 5006457 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #1925 on: 2015-08-13 02:42:43 »
As I understand, the issue is with installing, not with playing the game. The Steam version converts just fine, and old installs work just fine.

This is what I've read also. I don't have Windows 10 to see what's going on.

Ah right, thanks for the info. I decided not to upgrade so I've no idea what's happening with Windows 10 + FF7, besides what I saw on other threads.

I checked out the catalog but it appears to still be the 1.2 version of NT. I don't think the catalog has been updated yet.

Alyza did send me a link for the 1.35 NT IRO though, give this a try: http://www.mediafire.com/download/py4dyfta41c4o7z/New_Threat_-_v1.35.iro

To install it, go to the Library tab and click 'Import'; then select 'From IRO Archive' and select the downloaded NT IRO. It should hopefully work fine. To combine it with other mods in the catalog, active the ones you want and then shuffle the load order in the Active Mods tab; I'd recommend pushing NT 1.35 to the bottom of the list (or to the top if that doesn't work).

Correct, the Catalog is still 1.2. I've already stopped FAQ help for the current Catalog until I've released 2.0. There is no point in spending time to fix issues when it's so close to the next release.

I believe that NT 1.35 is missing a hotfix or two from August.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: 2015-08-13 03:06:17 »
This is what I've read also. I don't have Windows 10 to see what's going on.

Correct, the Catalog is still 1.2. I've already stopped FAQ help for the current Catalog until I've released 2.0. There is no point in spending time to fix issues when it's so close to the next release.

I believe that NT 1.35 is missing a hotfix or two from August.

Ah right. Hotfix-wise, I think it should be alright so long as the Great Glacier fix was in there. That was the big one next to the Junon Weapon Raid encounter problem. I'll see if I can't update it and re-upload it, just so there's an IRO for people to use while the catalog is updated.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: 2015-08-13 05:51:10 »
Sounds good :) It takes less than a couple minutes to drop the files in and create a new IRO, but you monitor your own project much better than me. I'll leave the IRO download links to you until 1.4.

mztikk

• View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: 2015-08-13 07:26:37 »
Ah right, thanks for the info. I decided not to upgrade so I've no idea what's happening with Windows 10 + FF7, besides what I saw on other threads.

I checked out the catalog but it appears to still be the 1.2 version of NT. I don't think the catalog has been updated yet.

Alyza did send me a link for the 1.35 NT IRO though, give this a try: http://www.mediafire.com/download/py4dyfta41c4o7z/New_Threat_-_v1.35.iro

To install it, go to the Library tab and click 'Import'; then select 'From IRO Archive' and select the downloaded NT IRO. It should hopefully work fine. To combine it with other mods in the catalog, active the ones you want and then shuffle the load order in the Active Mods tab; I'd recommend pushing NT 1.35 to the bottom of the list (or to the top if that doesn't work).

Thank you very much good sir. I noticed with the 1.2 version, changing the load order fixed the yuffie glitch but then some other glitches appeared like fighting sephiroth as a random encounter or the mod completely not working so i guess load order is important.

edit: With the 1.35 version and load order at the bottom the game crashes but at the top the mod seems to be working fine but field models don't load and battle models are glitchy :s gonna try around a bit with the load order and see whats working.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-13 07:40:10 by mztikk »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: 2015-08-13 15:10:12 »
Can you post your APP.log to see what was happening before the crash? A DebugView log may help also.

If you're using Menu Overhaul from the Catalog, I think it has an accidental flevel plugged into it. So if it's before NT, then it'll definitely clash and cause issues. Load order priority goes from top to bottom, and Gameplay mods also have some of the most important files that must be loaded from the top for priority (flevel, kernels, scene.bin).
« Last Edit: 2015-08-13 15:12:09 by EQ2Alyza »

mztikk

• View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: 2015-08-14 08:47:48 »
Can you post your APP.log to see what was happening before the crash? A DebugView log may help also.

If you're using Menu Overhaul from the Catalog, I think it has an accidental flevel plugged into it. So if it's before NT, then it'll definitely clash and cause issues. Load order priority goes from top to bottom, and Gameplay mods also have some of the most important files that must be loaded from the top for priority (flevel, kernels, scene.bin).
Well, I can't get it to crash anymore because i shuffled around my load order, now it doesn't crash at the bottom and i don't know what it was before, but yes, i had menu overhaul.

Rukenu

• View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: 2015-08-14 16:43:53 »
Not sure if it's in purpose, but when i unequiped all the characters via the Save Point, it gives me Barrier, Revive and Heal from Aerith even if I have not met her yet.

I'm in No.5 Reactor save point, before the battle with the Air Machine.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: 2015-08-14 17:09:57 »
Not sure if it's in purpose, but when i unequiped all the characters via the Save Point, it gives me Barrier, Revive and Heal from Aerith even if I have not met her yet.

I'm in No.5 Reactor save point, before the battle with the Air Machine.

The Unequip Party option is supposed to be disabled in the current build; it's going to be replaced with something else due to the two major problems it causes (namely, unequipping Sephiroth + Young Cloud's Materia + Accessories for you to use & that it can permanently lose unequipped Materia if there's not enough space left in your inventory for all of it). I'd recommend not using the option, just in case I've missed any more Save Points that didn't have it dummied out.

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: 2015-08-16 04:48:40 »
Hey Sega Chief, i was just wondering if you could make a separate EXE with just the modifications to the limit breaks, it sounds neat, but without the materia changes, because i think they are very restrictive, maybe in a second playthrough im gonna try it. Well, can it be done or its too much trouble and work?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: 2015-08-16 12:39:05 »
Should be able to get one together by tonight. I'll send it to you once it's done.

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: 2015-08-16 15:57:01 »
Wow man, many thanks!

Edit: Maybe you could list the changes on these limits? =D
« Last Edit: 2015-08-16 16:02:50 by rgmarks »

Zedes

• View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: 2015-08-16 23:39:13 »
Great work on this mod, I've been playing it for about 18 hours and I love what you've done! I've got a few questions though.

I don't know if it's intentional, but limit break attacks for all my characters except tifa are extremely weak, doing about 50-90 damage at level 20. Is this because of the stat changes when loading them up with materia on Arrange mode? Notably, they often do less than that same character's basic attack. Tifa though does about 500 for each of her two attacks with a YEAH and about 300 with a HIT.

Also, is there a page or document that lists the changes you've made to the limit breaks using the custom .EXE? I've gotten to all the level 1 limits and they seem the same, other than the previously mentioned weakness.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: 2015-08-17 02:59:10 »
Wow man, many thanks!

Edit: Maybe you could list the changes on these limits? =D

Sure thing, though judging from the next comment some changes might be in order.

Great work on this mod, I've been playing it for about 18 hours and I love what you've done! I've got a few questions though.

I don't know if it's intentional, but limit break attacks for all my characters except tifa are extremely weak, doing about 50-90 damage at level 20. Is this because of the stat changes when loading them up with materia on Arrange mode? Notably, they often do less than that same character's basic attack. Tifa though does about 500 for each of her two attacks with a YEAH and about 300 with a HIT.

Also, is there a page or document that lists the changes you've made to the limit breaks using the custom .EXE? I've gotten to all the level 1 limits and they seem the same, other than the previously mentioned weakness.

It sounds like some adjustments are needed for the Limits if they're hitting that low. I'll post the actual effects + base power for each limit here soon (I really need to get that documentation updated pronto).

Edit: Here's a special .EXE patch that only changes the Limit Breaks for rgmarks (though anyone is free to use it): https://mega.nz/#!zxFUWCqQ!jaPXMYUNTyRIv0l-fDnbw1R0i4xczrdBug8mgiKqqvA

Now I'll put info together on the limits.

Edit2: Here it is http://pastebin.com/AJHeFgem
« Last Edit: 2015-08-17 03:50:54 by Sega Chief »

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: 2015-08-17 03:43:30 »
many thanks man! You are the boss! Let me try this..

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: 2015-08-17 04:12:48 »
I've never had issue with Cloud and Barret's level 1 limits dealing less damage than their basic attacks. Tifa was hitting for 800 with "YEAH" by level 20.

Ahahaha. I never knew Tifa had status effects on a few of her limits. She destroyed everything she touched, or it was a boss.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: 2015-08-17 05:04:11 »
I don't rightly understand how her Limits got stronger with the patch; the base power was lowered...

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: 2015-08-17 06:35:16 »
@Sega Chief
Ah, it was probably a result of stacking Strength. By level 20, I was out of Midgar, had Power Wrist, always went for Focus, and the old exe had Morph, elemental, etc. grant +4 str/mag. All of that, plus Rank Up, made it so Tifa was doing about the same damage with her limit as I've seen her do in my previous NT runs. She goes down in just 2 hits, though. Sometimes even 1, depending on the boss. I've had a few resets here and there in Arrange.

To clarify, I'm not trying to say her limit is stronger than the base suggests. I was just voicing that none of my limits did less damage than my basic attack. I'm curious as to what happened with Zedes' game.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-17 06:40:50 by Bowser9 »

chaos447

• View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: 2015-08-17 06:44:26 »
*slow claps*

Bravo. Bravo on the Brass Dragon fight. That was honestly the most creative and awesome fights I've ever had in any RPG game, let alone Final Fantasy 7. This whole mod has been an amazing experience. Can't wait to see what else is in store  :D

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: 2015-08-17 08:28:12 »
Hey Chief, on the way through the Mythril Mines, in the area where the Turks appear, Barrett likes to shout about how something's up EVERY time I enter it. Keep an eye out on your way through the message clean up! (It's not a problem at all, you can easily close the box and it doesn't interfere with the Turks' scene)

Still on .exe patch, and I updated the data folder today! (17th Aug). The team from Kalm through to Fort Condor was:
Cloud - balanced attacker: Elemental=Fire attack, Poison materia, Morph, enc-up for stats and more fightin'! Buster Sword (Attack!), Carbon Bangle (DEX) and Protect Vest (VIT for front rowing).
Red - mage/support, healing, Matra Magic, Quake, Barrier=All, and Osmose to keep him going! Back rowing mostly. Got a nice clip from a passing wolf along the journey, too. Red also had a Carbon Bangle, and liked to Limit everyone up to Haste status. (We like that DEX eh? Speaking of which...)
Yuffie - Oh my word that's fast. Yuffie transcended any normal role, she had so many turns. She was on something like 160+ DEX!! +30 from her weapon, +30 from a Shinra Beta, and +60 from command materia! To rub it in she had Time=Added Effect on her weap, so she's slowing and stopping enemies all over the shop, making the difference obscene, and can even take a mid-turn opportunity to Haste herself! Very very fun.
I had her using Sense to set up for Morph, using Steal while I'm waiting for Morphs to tick down their last few hits, hitting anything and everything to slow/stop 'em. She was also given Cover so I could see how her Perfect Dodge works out! Caught a few hits for Cloud :L - Sadness means she was decently tanky at this level, just low HP.

So yeah, I've reached Fort Condor, land of the save crystal, and am wondering if I even need to boost her DEX any more, as she's so quick already... but also, I'm trying to think of any reason why that should stop me!! :evil:

(Time to restart and only pick the Rank Ups that give the most DEX! Everybody Super Sonic Racing!)
« Last Edit: 2015-08-17 08:30:40 by Gatchaman »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: 2015-08-17 13:14:31 »
@Sega Chief
Ah, it was probably a result of stacking Strength. By level 20, I was out of Midgar, had Power Wrist, always went for Focus, and the old exe had Morph, elemental, etc. grant +4 str/mag. All of that, plus Rank Up, made it so Tifa was doing about the same damage with her limit as I've seen her do in my previous NT runs. She goes down in just 2 hits, though. Sometimes even 1, depending on the boss. I've had a few resets here and there in Arrange.

To clarify, I'm not trying to say her limit is stronger than the base suggests. I was just voicing that none of my limits did less damage than my basic attack. I'm curious as to what happened with Zedes' game.

Ah, okay. I think you mentioned this to me before, but I forgot.

*slow claps*

Bravo. Bravo on the Brass Dragon fight. That was honestly the most creative and awesome fights I've ever had in any RPG game, let alone Final Fantasy 7. This whole mod has been an amazing experience. Can't wait to see what else is in store  :D

Cheers, bud; that reminds me though, I need to add a retry option to that fight because it's a little different and it appears at the end of a lengthy cutscene.

Hey Chief, on the way through the Mythril Mines, in the area where the Turks appear, Barrett likes to shout about how something's up EVERY time I enter it. Keep an eye out on your way through the message clean up! (It's not a problem at all, you can easily close the box and it doesn't interfere with the Turks' scene)

Still on .exe patch, and I updated the data folder today! (17th Aug). The team from Kalm through to Fort Condor was:
Cloud - balanced attacker: Elemental=Fire attack, Poison materia, Morph, enc-up for stats and more fightin'! Buster Sword (Attack!), Carbon Bangle (DEX) and Protect Vest (VIT for front rowing).
Red - mage/support, healing, Matra Magic, Quake, Barrier=All, and Osmose to keep him going! Back rowing mostly. Got a nice clip from a passing wolf along the journey, too. Red also had a Carbon Bangle, and liked to Limit everyone up to Haste status. (We like that DEX eh? Speaking of which...)
Yuffie - Oh my word that's fast. Yuffie transcended any normal role, she had so many turns. She was on something like 160+ DEX!! +30 from her weapon, +30 from a Shinra Beta, and +60 from command materia! To rub it in she had Time=Added Effect on her weap, so she's slowing and stopping enemies all over the shop, making the difference obscene, and can even take a mid-turn opportunity to Haste herself! Very very fun.
I had her using Sense to set up for Morph, using Steal while I'm waiting for Morphs to tick down their last few hits, hitting anything and everything to slow/stop 'em. She was also given Cover so I could see how her Perfect Dodge works out! Caught a few hits for Cloud :L - Sadness means she was decently tanky at this level, just low HP.

So yeah, I've reached Fort Condor, land of the save crystal, and am wondering if I even need to boost her DEX any more, as she's so quick already... but also, I'm trying to think of any reason why that should stop me!! :evil:

(Time to restart and only pick the Rank Ups that give the most DEX! Everybody Super Sonic Racing!)

Sounds like you've got a team there. Yuffie's main thing is her speed, but Red XIII and Tifa can get some decent Dex built up and I imagine some of the Rank builds for the 'slow' characters could do the same. You might need to keep an eye on defence though, I don't think a lot of the Dex builds were paired with Defensive stats. Sadness will help cover that, but at the cost of a lot of Limits.

If you push Dex higher, then you can move away from Dex accessories/armor without losing too much from the stat; that'll be important when Carbon starts to show it's age or you need space in your Materia slots for something.

Tlenodawca

• View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: 2015-08-17 17:07:20 »
Hi, I'm new here.

I think that I got bug. After defeating Mirage Weapon, countdown starts. Everything is OK, untill I encounter X-ATM fight. When countdown is over (in battle), game warps me to the entrance of Reactor 1. The same thing happens when I beat X-ATM and escape Midgar.

Any solutions? Or it is made on purpose?

And sorry for bad english, it's not my native language.

P.S Great job with mod! Looking forward for new updates and stuff!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: 2015-08-17 17:20:25 »
I think there's an issue with the timer at the moment. But it shouldn't be warping you back to Reactor 1 if you escape through the Sector 5 exit as normal, it should be taking you back to the Dark Cave entrance. I'll get a proper fix for it together soon.

Zedes

• View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: 2015-08-18 02:18:10 »
Harpy doesn't have aqualung anymore? Wuh oh, how am I going to get it now :o

chaos447

• View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: 2015-08-18 02:21:31 »
Is there a way to beat Lambda Calcule? I just got ejected from the battle...I'm assuming I did it wrong?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: 2015-08-18 02:46:44 »
Harpy doesn't have aqualung anymore? Wuh oh, how am I going to get it now :o

I think Garuda has it up on Da Chao. If not him, then it'll be the Acrophies enemy round the back of the Forgotten City.

Is there a way to beat Lambda Calcule? I just got ejected from the battle...I'm assuming I did it wrong?

That's normal, the thing with that fight is that it cycles and repeats if you beat him with Poison. To win, you have to make him transform and then defeat it. There's no EXP, but both forms have different steals up for grabs (and Odin drops too).