Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 5005857 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #1825 on: 2015-07-31 00:41:15 »
Just saw the edit, I think that might be the old elevator problem that's in the original game as well. Basically, if you mash Confirm too much (or enter the elevator at the wrong angle) you can be 'trapped' in a similar way to the ladder glitch and end up walking endlessly. I'm going to try and tackle this at some point and try to either reorganise the script to make it more stable or add some kind of fail-safe that loads the elevator field after a certain amount of time passes.

BelialLion

• View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: 2015-07-31 01:31:40 »
Just saw the edit, I think that might be the old elevator problem that's in the original game as well. Basically, if you mash Confirm too much (or enter the elevator at the wrong angle) you can be 'trapped' in a similar way to the ladder glitch and end up walking endlessly. I'm going to try and tackle this at some point and try to either reorganise the script to make it more stable or add some kind of fail-safe that loads the elevator field after a certain amount of time passes.

Ah damn, now that you mention it I totally forgot about it....my mistake. Good news is the patch worked for the Cave of the Gi! No problems going to and from Django, and I even let him kill me at first to make sure if the player wipes fighting him and they gotta restart that they can with no worries. Completely fixed :D

As always, awesome job homie. :)

AverageJoeFF7Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: 2015-07-31 02:54:56 »
---possible bug/not a big deal but thought id tell you anyway---

the first time "Rank Up" actually worked for me, was at the save point where Biggs is waiting by the ladder in Sector 5. When using Rank Up I noticed that once its over, the game kind of puts you at the nearest Exit point. So for this area, its the ladder sequence. This in itself is perfectly fine, the strange thing happens when you try to go to the save point again. It like puts you in a constant animation loop of Cloud trying to climb a ladder that isnt there. If you push "Confirm" to make all the various Save messages dissapear, the animation stops, so its not a big deal. Just some quirky thing I noticed.

OnAnotherLeve1

• View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: 2015-07-31 03:01:47 »
Hey I was having trouble finding the weapons required to craft the ultimate weapons, I had just found earlier in the forum that you have to morph enemies in the Northern Crater as well as the battle arena extras.  Any chance you could tell me what monsters have each weapon?  I tried reading the database but I'm not sure if there's a certain program to view it because I got all strange symbols.  In particular I'm looking for yuffie, cid, and obviously cloud's.  Thanks, its been a lot of fun playing through this.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: 2015-07-31 04:38:35 »
---possible bug/not a big deal but thought id tell you anyway---

the first time "Rank Up" actually worked for me, was at the save point where Biggs is waiting by the ladder in Sector 5. When using Rank Up I noticed that once its over, the game kind of puts you at the nearest Exit point. So for this area, its the ladder sequence. This in itself is perfectly fine, the strange thing happens when you try to go to the save point again. It like puts you in a constant animation loop of Cloud trying to climb a ladder that isnt there. If you push "Confirm" to make all the various Save messages dissapear, the animation stops, so its not a big deal. Just some quirky thing I noticed.

Yeah, I remember encountering that. I left it basically because it seemed harmless and I wanted to press on with the run. I'll get around to fixing that at some point, just not sure what's causing it.

Hey I was having trouble finding the weapons required to craft the ultimate weapons, I had just found earlier in the forum that you have to morph enemies in the Northern Crater as well as the battle arena extras.  Any chance you could tell me what monsters have each weapon?  I tried reading the database but I'm not sure if there's a certain program to view it because I got all strange symbols.  In particular I'm looking for yuffie, cid, and obviously cloud's.  Thanks, its been a lot of fun playing through this.

I think it's because the database was made with Open Office, it seems to glitch up for some people.

Cloud's weapons can be obtained by Morphing Iron Giant (Crater, Left-Down path - he was added to the enemy roster and is no longer exclusive to the final descent) & Variablis (Extra Battle.

Yuffie: Dragon Zombie (Crater, Right Path) - Barbariccia GT (Extra Battle)

Cid: Crater Dragon (Crater, first area) - Vorpar (Extra Battle)

BelialLion

• View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: 2015-07-31 06:24:37 »
Yo Chief,

Status update: just cleared out the Dark Cave, aside from minor glitching (like Vincent going from laying to standing, then repeating it when he tells Cloud to hurry to the church during the countdown timer's start) everything went smoothly. Now, my next question's about the Premium Heart, since earlier I asked you about the Micro Engine, which was in the Cave. How does the mechanic around its power work this time around? The database says it's dependent upon her MP instead of the Limit Gauge like in the vanilla game, but it seems like a serious downgrade from the God's Hand I had to use to make it. What's the story? :o

Oh, and once again, that was an insane boss endurance at the top of the Shinra Bldg.! Those clowns were really strong...! ;p

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: 2015-07-31 13:09:17 »
Yo Chief,

Status update: just cleared out the Dark Cave, aside from minor glitching (like Vincent going from laying to standing, then repeating it when he tells Cloud to hurry to the church during the countdown timer's start) everything went smoothly. Now, my next question's about the Premium Heart, since earlier I asked you about the Micro Engine, which was in the Cave. How does the mechanic around its power work this time around? The database says it's dependent upon her MP instead of the Limit Gauge like in the vanilla game, but it seems like a serious downgrade from the God's Hand I had to use to make it. What's the story? :o

Oh, and once again, that was an insane boss endurance at the top of the Shinra Bldg.! Those clowns were really strong...! ;p

Congrats on clearing DC! The Premium Heart's special damage formula should out-pace the God Hand whenever Tifa is at full MP; it also has stat boosts on it: Vit/Spr +15, Dex +30.

BelialLion

• View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: 2015-07-31 17:10:22 »
Congrats on clearing DC! The Premium Heart's special damage formula should out-pace the God Hand whenever Tifa is at full MP; it also has stat boosts on it: Vit/Spr +15, Dex +30.

Hey thanks, it was a lot of fun, all things considered (that boss after the 2nd Mirage Weapon fight...yeowza!). ;p

Also, about the stat bonuses on the Premium Heart. I just swapped it for another weapon that provides no bonuses, then re-equipped it and didn't see the increases to Vit/Spr/Dex. Or is it weird and only applies the stat bonuses in combat? :o

EDIT: I've finally for the first time since I started NT gotten the Rank Up to work. Definitely an interesting system, and will give me the power I need since I've played this far just working off the raw stats the characters possess/equipment modifiers. If I haven't gotten it to work until now, will I be unable to use Rank Up any further than I have just now? I was awarded 2 ranks for Tifa, and 1 for Yuffie/Aerith/Red XIII, and the explanation in-game said SP were awarded for participating in story events and something else (my controller kinda spoofed out and advanced before I could read that last tidbit :o).
« Last Edit: 2015-07-31 19:08:52 by BelialLion »

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: 2015-07-31 20:17:03 »
Hmmm, maybe Rank Up should be mentioned before the Materia Tutorial for added clarity?

AverageJoeFF7Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: 2015-07-31 20:20:04 »
or added into the various FAQ's in the beginner hall. Also Stacks, mention of Stacks would be good XD

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: 2015-07-31 21:39:48 »
@AverageJoeFF7Fan
The Rank Up FAQ should just be part of the save point guy. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be mentioned before the Materia Tutorial.

AverageJoeFF7Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: 2015-07-31 21:49:56 »
true, but you cant actually DO the rank up until atleast Sector 5, there are many savepoints before that though, so I was wondering what it was/did long before I was able to actually use it.

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: 2015-07-31 22:33:22 »
Hey there Chief,

Encountered a strange little bug with the Nibel flashback.

I killed off Sephiroth just because I felt like it and then uh...Cloud died. So I game over'd. Had a file outside of Kalm so it was fine. I got into a fight on the world map and afterwards I was back at the place I died in the flashback. The game then hung when Sephiroth and co. were supposed to materialise from Cloud's body. Not that anyone besides me will actually die here but still >.<

Also, a question about the world map model patch; you said it's been done to make the models reflect their field model counterparts but beyond the darker purple Cloud I don't see any differences. Is that all it is or is there more?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: 2015-07-31 23:01:58 »
(bit drunk, apologies if any doesn't make sense)

Hey thanks, it was a lot of fun, all things considered (that boss after the 2nd Mirage Weapon fight...yeowza!). ;p

Also, about the stat bonuses on the Premium Heart. I just swapped it for another weapon that provides no bonuses, then re-equipped it and didn't see the increases to Vit/Spr/Dex. Or is it weird and only applies the stat bonuses in combat? :o

EDIT: I've finally for the first time since I started NT gotten the Rank Up to work. Definitely an interesting system, and will give me the power I need since I've played this far just working off the raw stats the characters possess/equipment modifiers. If I haven't gotten it to work until now, will I be unable to use Rank Up any further than I have just now? I was awarded 2 ranks for Tifa, and 1 for Yuffie/Aerith/Red XIII, and the explanation in-game said SP were awarded for participating in story events and something else (my controller kinda spoofed out and advanced before I could read that last tidbit :o).

This sounds odd; those bonuses should be applied the second the weapon is equipped + be visible in the stat screen. Are you sure you're playing 1.35? The stuff about not getting rank up to work until now makes me wonder. Unless the mod was fully up to date when you started play, you'll be missing SP from earlier boss fights. You should have been getting your first rank ups from Shinra HQ and onwards.

true, but you cant actually DO the rank up until atleast Sector 5, there are many savepoints before that though, so I was wondering what it was/did long before I was able to actually use it.

I'll update the tutorials in Beginner's Hall and Junon's version of it; I should have done that prior to release but it slipped my mind.

Hey there Chief,

Encountered a strange little bug with the Nibel flashback.

I killed off Sephiroth just because I felt like it and then uh...Cloud died. So I game over'd. Had a file outside of Kalm so it was fine. I got into a fight on the world map and afterwards I was back at the place I died in the flashback. The game then hung when Sephiroth and co. were supposed to materialise from Cloud's body. Not that anyone besides me will actually die here but still >.<

Also, a question about the world map model patch; you said it's been done to make the models reflect their field model counterparts but beyond the darker purple Cloud I don't see any differences. Is that all it is or is there more?

D: Sounds like you encountered a natural 'wrong warp' glitch. Basically, the PC version of the game has memory problems. In the original PS1 game the RAM was so limited that each 'module' would overwrite each other when loaded. But PCs don't have this issue, so information can be retained from, say, Game Over and save files (like Yuffie Warping). Anyways, if you load up a save file under certain conditions after getting killed then you'll be warped to the place where you last died. It's a trick used in speedrun categories and the like.

As for the world map patch, it's basically to make three world map models (cloud, tifa, and cid) the same as their field map models. Someone asked about it a while back; it's a fairly minor thing, that's why it's not part of the main installer.

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: 2015-07-31 23:17:45 »
Ah, the infamous Yuffie warp. In that case, I retract my bug report c:

Ah okay, cheers. I'm not tech savvy enough to uninstall so I wanted to make sure first.

Also, I have a suggestion for the flashback scene. I'm a fan of sections of games where you control guest party members like this so I wonder if it'd be possible to prolong the enjoyment  by making a custom boss fight for Cloud and Sephiroth  by having the makonoid monster (that breaks out of its container in the reactor) a boss of some sort? I know pre-existing battle models would be a problem though but yeah. Just an idea. I know most will probably just skip this part so it might not be worth it; but I kind of enjoy it.

BelialLion

• View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: 2015-07-31 23:22:47 »
(bit drunk, apologies if any doesn't make sense)

This sounds odd; those bonuses should be applied the second the weapon is equipped + be visible in the stat screen. Are you sure you're playing 1.35? The stuff about not getting rank up to work until now makes me wonder. Unless the mod was fully up to date when you started play, you'll be missing SP from earlier boss fights. You should have been getting your first rank ups from Shinra HQ and onwards.

I'll update the tutorials in Beginner's Hall and Junon's version of it; I should have done that prior to release but it slipped my mind.

Positive, homie. None of the Save Points I ever tried up til after the patch you just gave us would ever let me into Mr. Smiley's Emporium. For example, I think you had in an earlier version that one of Tifa's weapons had the HP drain effect on it? Think it was the Kaiser Knuckles but you'd know better than I. They don't in this, and I am positive I clicked to download 1.35. Verified it before I even downloaded it and my Steam copy of VII (yes I bought it just so I could play this mod, couldn't find my old 98 copy and I had the cash to spare, sue me ;p). I don't think I would have had the issue in the Cavern of the Gi otherwise, cause the patch definitely fixed that for me (I know you couldn't replicate my issue but for real it definitely fixed it :o).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: 2015-08-01 00:22:32 »
Ah, the infamous Yuffie warp. In that case, I retract my bug report c:

Ah okay, cheers. I'm not tech savvy enough to uninstall so I wanted to make sure first.

Also, I have a suggestion for the flashback scene. I'm a fan of sections of games where you control guest party members like this so I wonder if it'd be possible to prolong the enjoyment  by making a custom boss fight for Cloud and Sephiroth  by having the makonoid monster (that breaks out of its container in the reactor) a boss of some sort? I know pre-existing battle models would be a problem though but yeah. Just an idea. I know most will probably just skip this part so it might not be worth it; but I kind of enjoy it.

That actually happens in Gjoerulv's Hardcore mod, he has you fight a Makonoid monster (palette swap of Sample H0512) when the container busts open. I guess I could follow suit and add something there; imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?  ;)

Positive, homie. None of the Save Points I ever tried up til after the patch you just gave us would ever let me into Mr. Smiley's Emporium. For example, I think you had in an earlier version that one of Tifa's weapons had the HP drain effect on it? Think it was the Kaiser Knuckles but you'd know better than I. They don't in this, and I am positive I clicked to download 1.35. Verified it before I even downloaded it and my Steam copy of VII (yes I bought it just so I could play this mod, couldn't find my old 98 copy and I had the cash to spare, sue me ;p). I don't think I would have had the issue in the Cavern of the Gi otherwise, cause the patch definitely fixed that for me (I know you couldn't replicate my issue but for real it definitely fixed it :o).

Well, the previous build which was still 1.3 had the Rank Up option visible but pressing the button wouldn't do anything. I reckon that either the button you had mapped to L2/Camera was 'broken' or mis-mapped in some way, or you had that previous build. If they're working now after using the flevel patch then maybe it was an old flevel you had...but that wouldn't explain how you made it through the Great Glacier without a crash, outside of some serious luck on enemy encounters.

So I'm wondering too, what if that line event problem you encountered was an old glitch from an older build? Would explain it, at least.

BelialLion

• View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: 2015-08-01 00:57:04 »
That actually happens in Gjoerulv's Hardcore mod, he has you fight a Makonoid monster (palette swap of Sample H0512) when the container busts open. I guess I could follow suit and add something there; imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?  ;)

Well, the previous build which was still 1.3 had the Rank Up option visible but pressing the button wouldn't do anything. I reckon that either the button you had mapped to L2/Camera was 'broken' or mis-mapped in some way, or you had that previous build. If they're working now after using the flevel patch then maybe it was an old flevel you had...but that wouldn't explain how you made it through the Great Glacier without a crash, outside of some serious luck on enemy encounters.

So I'm wondering too, what if that line event problem you encountered was an old glitch from an older build? Would explain it, at least.

Maybe. Your guess would be as good as mine on the event problem. That was the first time in the mod that I'd had an issue. Honestly I've had this controller for quite some time so it's more than likely that it just wasn't registering. :o I dunno I don't really think it'll be a problem, because like I said I've made it this far on just the raw stats, so we'll see. It was really nice to finally see it in action, though, I really like the build ideas you provided from what I did see. :)

EDIT: So I've cleared Carmine Weapon, but Viridian isn't where Ruby normally is, and I've cleared Ultra Weapon, every character sidequest save Cloud's, and the Dark Cave. Any ideas, Chief? :o

2nd Edit: Just did Cloud's fight with Zack, the only thing that seemed off was that the DMW would say something like "Doesn't register" or something among those lines, don't remember exactly what it says (super tired and about to hit the hay) but it kinda seemed like it would pass his turn when it happened. Is that normal?
« Last Edit: 2015-08-01 09:49:57 by BelialLion »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1843 on: 2015-08-01 09:24:42 »
Wow, this has become really popular huh? I haven't read all 70+ pages... Um, is this mod still in the works?

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: 2015-08-01 10:10:49 »
yeah. and it's getting better every release

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: 2015-08-01 13:01:49 »
Maybe. Your guess would be as good as mine on the event problem. That was the first time in the mod that I'd had an issue. Honestly I've had this controller for quite some time so it's more than likely that it just wasn't registering. :o I dunno I don't really think it'll be a problem, because like I said I've made it this far on just the raw stats, so we'll see. It was really nice to finally see it in action, though, I really like the build ideas you provided from what I did see. :)

EDIT: So I've cleared Carmine Weapon, but Viridian isn't where Ruby normally is, and I've cleared Ultra Weapon, every character sidequest save Cloud's, and the Dark Cave. Any ideas, Chief? :o

2nd Edit: Just did Cloud's fight with Zack, the only thing that seemed off was that the DMW would say something like "Doesn't register" or something among those lines, don't remember exactly what it says (super tired and about to hit the hay) but it kinda seemed like it would pass his turn when it happened. Is that normal?

There's some tricks to his activation, fighting random battles/visiting towns, etc. to get him to appear after fulfilling the other conditions: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197341-final-fantasy-vii/65783838

Zack's DMW counters go through some special attacks as his HP drops past certain points; the text is taken from the Crisis Core game which would display whenever the slots lined up.

Wow, this has become really popular huh? I haven't read all 70+ pages... Um, is this mod still in the works?

Sempai finally noticed me ^^

The mod is 'complete' in a sense, but there's still a lot of stuff that I want to do for it. v1.35 is where the Rank Up system came in to let players develop character stats rather than the game doing it with the kernel arcs. 1.4 is more of an flevel patch, I'm working on events, shortcuts, fixes, and new content. When 1.4 is done, that's when I'm starting work on a New Game+ mechanic for the last version 1.5.

AverageJoeFF7Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: 2015-08-01 15:20:21 »
The mod is 'complete' in a sense, but there's still a lot of stuff that I want to do for it. v1.35 is where the Rank Up system came in to let players develop character stats rather than the game doing it with the kernel arcs. 1.4 is more of an flevel patch, I'm working on events, shortcuts, fixes, and new content. When 1.4 is done, that's when I'm starting work on a New Game+ mechanic for the last version 1.5.
can haz lvl 99 cap?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: 2015-08-01 15:42:13 »
You should be able to freely level up to Lv.99 in this build, the 70 cap was removed.

AverageJoeFF7Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: 2015-08-01 17:47:10 »
sweet XD

when I first read about the lvl 70 cap I was like "how am i spos to beat emerald/ruby ? o.O"

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: 2015-08-01 18:00:11 »
@Sega Chief
Ah, yeah, the beginner hall still says the level cap is 70.